Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:12 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times

Advertisements

Yes he would because he's an a$$hole like that. Dude doesnt know when to quit. He could have had 20M to sit back and enjoy life and go down as the greatest icon in Green Bay history. Now he's a punchline for every retirement joke in America! Brett just retire already!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:50 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,198,343 times
COming from a life long Vikings fan, WE DONT WANT HIM.

Favre is no better then any other QB on our roster. He is a turnover machine, and we dont have the receivers to bail him out. If this is the answer Childress and the front office have come up with in response to them doing nothing other then wasting a forth round draft pick on Rosenfels, and signing two roster fodder players, in the off season, then that is pretty damn sad if you ask me.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:20 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,662,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I wish people would realize that favre is human. sometimes people don't know when they should hang it up. some fans seem to be taking a game a little too seriously. sometimes people just feel like they are being forced into retirement. favre is still really young by life's standards, and perhaps he doesn't know what the next chapter in his life is going to be, so he wants to do the only thing he knows.
Then he just needs to make a decision one way or another. It would be understandable if he changed his mind once -- anyone is entitled to that -- but he has waffled on retirement for AT LEAST five or six years now. It only became news last year because instead of deciding to come back, he finally chose to retire -- and then unretire, and then retire, and then unretire. In years before that, he held the entire Packers organization hostage while he sat around on his lawn mower in Mississippi and tried to make up his mind.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't love watching the guy play. He was the QB of my team for 16 years. But he showed me last year that he thought he was more important than the team. I realized from that whole sad drama just how petty and spiteful he could be. I lost all respect for the guy. And frankly, I find his apparent inability to let go of the game an embarrassment. Lots of premier athletes are able to bow out with grace and never look back, leaving their legacy intact and untarnished. Favre could have packed it in leaving a lot of goodwill behind. Instead, he's alienating a lot of people who once supported him, because now he just looks indecisive, selfish, egotistical, and childish.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:55 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Favre is the most over rated QB in NFL History. He reminds me of Kobe in the NBA, scores 30 points but takes 40 shots to do it. Sure he has the most TD's ever, but he also has the most INTS ever. When your chucking the ball up there and hoping the recievers catch it you can do dumb crap like that. Favre is a glorified Jake Plummer.... LOL

Old 05-05-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Favre is the most over rated QB in NFL History. He reminds me of Kobe in the NBA, scores 30 points but takes 40 shots to do it. Sure he has the most TD's ever, but he also has the most INTS ever. When your chucking the ball up there and hoping the recievers catch it you can do dumb crap like that. Favre is a glorified Jake Plummer.... LOL

Jake Plummer was mobile his whole career, Favre has been a statue since 2000. However, as far as passing, Id have to agree. He is pretty much just a glorified Jake Plummer. The guy has thrown 101 ints in the last 5 seasons he played, and add 18 lost fumbles, thats 119 turnoves courtesy of Brett Favre. I dont know what planet that qualifies as acceptable on. Hes also done that on teams that had very good receiving corps, and generally decent offenses in general.

Can you imagine this guy on the Titans, Ravens or Jags? His Ints would be over 30 every year.

Thats definatley something I want no part of. Adrian Peterson fumbles enough without having to worry about Favre turning it over 2-3 times a game as well.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:53 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,796 times
As a Bears fan I just have to say that Bret Favre WAS good, now hes just a punchline. If he wants to go to the Viks he can be my guest, the bears D could use some more turnovers to pad their stats. Anything that keeps the ball away from All Day is good in my book. If I was the vikings I would go get Vick from Atlanta, can you imagine vick and peterson in the same backfield... wtf is a defense going to do against that in a dome? With all their TDs I am sure people would forget all about the dog thing.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:19 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Jake Plummer was mobile his whole career, Favre has been a statue since 2000. However, as far as passing, Id have to agree. He is pretty much just a glorified Jake Plummer. The guy has thrown 101 ints in the last 5 seasons he played, and add 18 lost fumbles, thats 119 turnoves courtesy of Brett Favre. I dont know what planet that qualifies as acceptable on. Hes also done that on teams that had very good receiving corps, and generally decent offenses in general.

Can you imagine this guy on the Titans, Ravens or Jags? His Ints would be over 30 every year.

Thats definatley something I want no part of. Adrian Peterson fumbles enough without having to worry about Favre turning it over 2-3 times a game as well.

Statue since 2000? Really? I have seen Favre break tackle after tackle to get a pass off as late as the 2008 playoff games with the Packers. He never has been Michael Vick in that regard but to call him a statue is pure ignorance.

The Packers have always had a decent receiving corp but he has never really had that super star receiver. He has always been stuck with a bunch of young receivers that have trouble running routes. He has never been surrounded by an all-star cast, the Packers dont sign super stars. They havent since they signed Reggie White in 1993.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:23 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
I think Brett would come back just for the desire to play the game still. I dont think it would have anything to do with the Packers. I would like him to stay retired though.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:58 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post

He has more wins than any other QB in NFL history. Also, if your saying Kobe is overrated then that make me laugh even more. I would just point out Favre has a better QB rating than Elway, whom some consider the all time best. Overrated = Laughable.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Statue since 2000? Really? I have seen Favre break tackle after tackle to get a pass off as late as the 2008 playoff games with the Packers. He never has been Michael Vick in that regard but to call him a statue is pure ignorance.

The Packers have always had a decent receiving corp but he has never really had that super star receiver. He has always been stuck with a bunch of young receivers that have trouble running routes. He has never been surrounded by an all-star cast, the Packers dont sign super stars. They havent since they signed Reggie White in 1993.
1. Being able to move around in the pocket does not make a mobile QB. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are some of the slowest QBs in the NFL, but move around tremendously in the pocket. Daunte Culpepper was one of the quickest QBs in the league, but was constantly sacked in the pocket.

2. Brett Favre has had 7 pro bowl years from receivers, including Sterling Sharpe for 2 years, who was arguably the best receiver in the NFL during much of his career. He got another 6 out of tight ends, half of which were from Mark Chmura, who was one of the best past catching tight ends over the mid to late 90's. Favre threw to Antonio Freeman, Javon Walker, and Donald Driver all at the apex of their careers when they were stars.

3. Brett Favre has had one of the best offensive lines in the league most of his career. When GB's line got bad, he went to the Jets and once again got behind a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football