U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 01:06 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,187,077 times

Advertisements

So wait let me see if I get this. Mike Vick gets 2 years and loses everything for killing dogs which in and of itself is wrong, but Dante Stallworth was DUI and kills a human being who was providing for his family and gets 30 days??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? WTH is wrong with our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 01:16 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,176,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
So wait let me see if I get this. Mike Vick gets 2 years and loses everything for killing dogs which in and of itself is wrong, but Dante Stallworth was DUI and kills a human being who was providing for his family and gets 30 days??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??? WTH is wrong with our society.
Yep.

That's the good ol' PeTA way!
PeTA: "We'll gladly help a gorilla with a hangnail before we help a human who's dying right in front of you."
Seriously, I think the main reason why is because Stallworth's crime was manslaughter.... accidental. And Vick's crime was intentional.

But still, the killing of a human is FAR more serious than any murder of an animal. I love dogs too, but still, this is just goin' to far......

Old 06-16-2009, 01:22 PM

2,639 posts, read 6,031,589 times
JJG hit the nail on the head really. It's because Vick set out to fight dogs and kill them whereas Stallworth just set out to drive his vehicle after he'd had a few too many drinks. He never meant to kill the person. Nevertheless, 30 days is a pitiful excuse for a sentence. It's hardly a deterrent and is nothing like an adequate punishment for being so foolish and inconsiderate.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:51 PM

Driving under the influence and killing someone is no accident. He made a decision to drive impared and took a life. Thats as clear cut as it comes in my book.

I guess in todays society the dogs are worth more than the human.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM

23,633 posts, read 33,424,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Driving under the influence and killing someone is no accident. He made a decision to drive impared and took a life. Thats as clear cut as it comes in my book.

I guess in todays society the dogs are worth more than the human.
I guess this sends a message. If you want to drive drunk and kill someone and got a few dollars, cool. If you kill a dog or mess with Uncle Sam's $$$$$ (remember Vick was actually convicted on gambling charges) there is h&%# to pay.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:02 PM

170 posts, read 234,624 times
Killing someone while under the influence in a vehicle or not should be mandatory 1st degree. Under the influence or someone saying they didn't know what they where doing was against the law is no excuse. This is what we get when we don't hold people responsible for their actions.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,182,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yep.

That's the good ol' PeTA way!
PeTA: "We'll gladly help a gorilla with a hangnail before we help a human who's dying right in front of you."
Seriously, I think the main reason why is because Stallworth's crime was manslaughter.... accidental. And Vick's crime was intentional.

But still, the killing of a human is FAR more serious than any murder of an animal. I love dogs too, but still, this is just goin' to far......
Yep....these special interest groups,as annoying as they can be, are highly organized and can be pains in the behind until they get their point across no matter what.

If it were up to me that fool would at least be suspended half a season!!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 PM

3,174 posts, read 4,637,341 times
Vick's conviction was adequate and fit the crime. Stallworth's conviction is a total disgrace.

He would have never gotten such a tiny slap on the wrist if he was just a normal joe and not a celebrity playing for a professional team with considerable clout.

Someone do a check on the bank account of the sentencing judge to record the payola. It may not be there, but nobody hands out a sentence like that without some kind of influence.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:53 PM

13,929 posts, read 19,146,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
JJG hit the nail on the head really. It's because Vick set out to fight dogs and kill them whereas Stallworth just set out to drive his vehicle after he'd had a few too many drinks. He never meant to kill the person.
That's exactly it. One was a deliberate, pre-meditated and repeated act while the other was an accident done by (to my knowledge) someone who has never really had any legal troubles before.

All things considered, I think this is a fair sentence.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:58 AM

Let this be a lesson to all of us america, its more socially exceptable to run down a hispanic man while drunk and kill him than it is a dog. Thats what the message is out of this whole ordeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football