Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 06:37 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,764,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackconverse View Post
I wonder..... what could it be?
They're all white?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:07 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,814,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Are you just about done with the NFL if Donte Stallworth gets re-signed by Cleveland or if Ray Lewis gets another Old Spice commercial? (I'm sure that one of those guys has been complicit in the death of a cat or something if that helps).

Also, Jared Allen kills a lot of animals.

Peyton Hillis kills a lot of ducks.

And Kevin Kolb is a pig sticker. He hunts wild boar with dogs and a knife.
You're seriously comparing hunting to what Vick did to those dogs? Get your head out(edit)

Stallworth did not do anything sociopathic. Yes he drank and drove which is wrong, but every witness to that accident said that the guy who was killed darted out in front of Stallworth's car and would have been hit no matter what. I still think Stallworth deserved a stiffer sentence, but his crime was not premeditated and sociopathic like Vick's.

Was Ray Lewis convicted of anything?

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 11-17-2010 at 08:09 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
They're all white?
Oh here we go, the race card. (edited this sentence). Why is that people are not allowed to dislike a black person or condemn a black person without being accused of racism? I don't care what color Vick is....he's sick, and he's a thug. My favorite QBs of all time are McNabb and Randall Cunningham, both black. Actually, it seems race is the deciding factor in why so many black people support Vick, just as they did for OJ and Rodney King. If Vick or those other 2 were white, would so many black people support them? I have noticed the Eagles attracting a lot of black bandwagon fans who were never Eagles fans before, since they signed Vick, and even more since Vick became the starter. It seems race is more the issue behind Vick's supporters rather than his detractors.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-17-2010 at 07:46 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,150,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Oh here we go, the race card. (edited this sentence) Why is that people are not allowed to dislike a black person or condemn a black person without being accused of racism? I don't care what color Vick is....he's sick, and he's a thug. My favorite QBs of all time are McNabb and Randall Cunningham, both black. Actually, it seems race is the deciding factor in why so many black people support Vick, just as they did for OJ and Rodney King. If Vick or those other 2 were white, would so many black people support them? I have noticed the Eagles attracting a lot of black bandwagon fans who were never Eagles fans before, since they signed Vick, and even more since Vick became the starter. It seems race is more the issue behind Vick's supporters rather than his detractors.
I do think (the OJ case particularly ) people have supported someone for their color only in the past and it was disgusting and frankly embarassing to anyone who saw it from the outside, but in this case anyone who likes a story of a person who makes good out of something bad will be on this bandwagon. Sorry man, not everybody owns and loves dogs. What Vick was doing was terrible and not defendable, but not everyone is going to hold this grudge you do. I honestly think he can save more dogs by his public service and in the end more animals will benefit from this situation than were harmed provided Vick stays on the right path and educates inner city kids as he has been doing.. Unless something new develops you got to let it go.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-17-2010 at 07:46 AM..

Old 11-17-2010, 07:48 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,837,835 times
Just a quick note-let's not get too personal here.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:27 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I do think (the OJ case particularly ) people have supported someone for their color only in the past and it was disgusting and frankly embarassing to anyone who saw it from the outside, but in this case anyone who likes a story of a person who makes good out of something bad will be on this bandwagon. Sorry man, not everybody owns and loves dogs. What Vick was doing was terrible and not defendable, but not everyone is going to hold this grudge you do. I honestly think he can save more dogs by his public service and in the end more animals will benefit from this situation than were harmed provided Vick stays on the right path and educates inner city kids as he has been doing.. Unless something new develops you got to let it go.
My main problem was that people do not think someone like Vick can change. That what he did was comparable to harming human beings.

I cannot put animals on the level of human beings and never will.

People were saying he should not play football again, he should be castrated and spend his whole life behind bars.

If most of these people against Vick were in the same situation as Vick, they would want someone to forigive them and give them a second chance.

Vick killed DOGS, not humans. I don't have pets but I think it is FAR worse to harm a human being than an animal.

To all of you who still hate Vick, GET OVER IT!

If any of you is perfect and without sin....

Old 11-17-2010, 10:00 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,433,658 times
Bottom line is if any normal person in a job setting were to get arrested and put in jail for torturing animals, that person would probobly be fired for his/her company. I have no problem with Vick playing in the UFL or CFL...but, the NFL should have kicked that piece of crap to the curb. I seriously can't understand why the NFL doesn't crack down on these thugs, felons, rapists, etc....

Old 11-17-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Bottom line is if any normal person in a job setting were to get arrested and put in jail for torturing animals, that person would probobly be fired for his/her company. I have no problem with Vick playing in the UFL or CFL...but, the NFL should have kicked that piece of crap to the curb. I seriously can't understand why the NFL doesn't crack down on these thugs, felons, rapists, etc....
In baseball, Pete Rose is banned for the hideous crime of (gasp!) GAMBLING! Barry Bonds has pretty much been blackballed just for being a suspected roid head. Yet, the NFL puts thugs up on a pedestal. No wonder I'm partial to baseball over football.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:06 AM

520 posts, read 1,006,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Oh here we go, the race card. (edited this sentence). Why is that people are not allowed to dislike a black person or condemn a black person without being accused of racism? I don't care what color Vick is....he's sick, and he's a thug. My favorite QBs of all time are McNabb and Randall Cunningham, both black. Actually, it seems race is the deciding factor in why so many black people support Vick, just as they did for OJ and Rodney King. If Vick or those other 2 were white, would so many black people support them? I have noticed the Eagles attracting a lot of black bandwagon fans who were never Eagles fans before, since they signed Vick, and even more since Vick became the starter. It seems race is more the issue behind Vick's supporters rather than his detractors.
McNabb was Philly's starting QB. Then Kolb (for 15 minutes), and now, Vick. So, you are saying that Philly had 10 million fans when McNabb was QB, then it dropped to 5 million fans when a white Kolb took over, then went back up to 10 million fans when Vick became the QB?

Philly has more fans because Vick is nice, electrifying and is making the NFL exciting. They talked about him in ATL, now they are doing it in Philly. Heck, I'm a Steelers fan and I've become an Eagles fan just because of Vick and his explosive play, not because he's black. I'd rather watch Vick than Pittsburgh's anemic offense.

The OJ and Rodney King issue is off-topic for this thread and will not be addressed (we can start another thread on that). But, if you aren't going to support someone for getting their --- whupped by 38 cops with batons while you are pinned on the ground - unarmed - then this country does have problems, just as you should have been outraged at the white college guy getting his --- tasered (unarmed) for putting John Kerry on display. [damn, I did digress. I got sucked into that one]

It happens in all sports, man, just accept it. Chicago Bulls gained more fans when Jordan came along, the Lakers when Magic Johnson came along, the Celtics when Bird came along. Watch NFL replay. They are not going to show you Steelers games because they win 13-9 and it's all smashmouth football. But, you will see the Chargers and Colts airing it out because everyone loves showtime.

Vick is showtime. Heck, Peyton manning hasn't been that exciting this year and he's still getting massive kudos and it's not because he's white, it's because everyone knows he's capable of torching that --- for 450 yards and 5 TDs and they don't want to not watch a game in which Peyton can become 2009 Peyton and have one of those type of games.

Not to be offensive, but if you don't like Vick, there are 31 other teams to support; just pick up another team. The black and gold always can use another fan...and you'd still be supporting the state of PA, baby!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,150,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
My main problem was that people do not think someone like Vick can change. That what he did was comparable to harming human beings.

I cannot put animals on the level of human beings and never will.

People were saying he should not play football again, he should be castrated and spend his whole life behind bars.

If most of these people against Vick were in the same situation as Vick, they would want someone to forigive them and give them a second chance.

Vick killed DOGS, not humans. I don't have pets but I think it is FAR worse to harm a human being than an animal.

To all of you who still hate Vick, GET OVER IT!

If any of you is perfect and without sin....
I have a friend who owns 2 dogs who told me yesterday as much as he hates Vick, he is over it. If the guy didnt spend 2 years in jail it might be different. But he pays his debt...

I agree on all your points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football