Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 09:02 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,755,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
And he is now deservedly getting serious discussion surrounding potential league MVP choices! Way to go #7! Shut em' up!!!
His play on the football field has nothing to do with why I, and most Vick detractors, have a problem with him being in the NFL. I know he's playing great, but that does not matter or change my opinion on him.

I will say one thing though, if the Eagles win the Super Bowl, I will be convinced that the NFL is as fixed as the WWE.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:17 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,357,158 times
Why should Vick not be allowed in the NFL? If Joe Schmoe was convicted of dog fighting, serves his sentence and gets out of prison, should he not be allowed to get a job?

Old 12-21-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
Why should Vick not be allowed in the NFL? If Joe Schmoe was convicted of dog fighting, serves his sentence and gets out of prison, should he not be allowed to get a job?
Most people would not be allowed to return to their jobs after that, unless they had some menial burger-flipping job. I doubt my job would be waiting for me after a jail sentence. But apparently the rules are different if you can win football games. Let him go flip burgers for a living.

Another thing...if he was stinking it up on the field, or even playing mediocre football....would there be all of this baloney about redemption? No...they'd be booing him off the field. I don't see what football stats have to do with redemption.

Last edited by Mr Yuk; 12-21-2010 at 09:31 AM..

Old 12-21-2010, 09:12 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,879,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Most people would not be allowed to return to their jobs after that, unless they had some menial burger-flipping job. I doubt my job would be waiting for me after a jail sentence.

His job was not waitin on him... The Falcons fired him!!!

He got a job in the same field of work... Which is EXACTLY what would happen with most people.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:19 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,964,914 times
Go Phillies I know you hate Mike Vick guts, and you have every right too.

But I forgave him, regardles if he is playing lights out or not. The NFL in its historty was and is currently filled with suspected or convicted Murderers ( Donte Stallworth), Drunks ( Josh Freeman), Rapist (Ben Rothlisberger), Wife Beaters ( Will Smith), Crooks ( future player Cam Newton ), Hooligans ( Tank Johnson) and Illegal or banned Drug addicts ( Brandon Spikes).

I hope he wins this years MVP or Superbowl MVP because everybody needs a second chance. What he did was horrible and should never be forgotten, but he seems to be a repented man.

Only GOD almighty can judge him.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:21 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,697,415 times
I wonder why people think what Vick did was worse than raping someone?

Old 12-21-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Who said that?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:11 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,268,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Most people would not be allowed to return to their jobs after that, unless they had some menial burger-flipping job. I doubt my job would be waiting for me after a jail sentence. But apparently the rules are different if you can win football games. Let him go flip burgers for a living.

Another thing...if he was stinking it up on the field, or even playing mediocre football....would there be all of this baloney about redemption? No...they'd be booing him off the field. I don't see what football stats have to do with redemption.
Anybody can flip burgers. The reason you are in the National Football League is that you are the among the best in the world at what you do. The moment that you are not you are released from your contract.

Vick got signed by the Eagles because they still believed he was talented enough to play in the NFL.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:24 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,268,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I don't get it either. Dany Heatley of the NHL got into a car after consuming alcohol, drove receklessly and killed a teamate that was with him. He got off with three months probation an not nearly the public outrage that has been aimed at Michael Vick.

Dany Heatley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
On September 29, 2003, Heatley was seriously injured after he lost control of the Ferrari 360 Modena he was driving. The car struck a wall, splitting the car in half and ejecting him and his passenger, teammate Dan Snyder. Heatley suffered a broken jaw, a minor concussion, a bruised lung, and a bruised kidney, and he tore three ligaments in his right knee; Snyder was critically injured, with a skull fracture, and died six days later, on October 5, of sepsis. Heatley was charged with vehicular homicide; he pleaded guilty to second-degree vehicular homicide, driving too fast for conditions, failure to maintain a lane, and speeding. He admitted to drinking prior to the incident, but his blood-alcohol content was below the legal limit. He was sentenced to three years probation, and the judge, Rowland W. Barnes, required the court to approve Heatley's vehicle, which could not have more than six cylinders and would not surpass 70 mph (112 km/h).[6] Heatley avoided having to go to trial as part of a plea deal that dropped the first-degree charge of vehicular homicide.
Some people look into the eyes of "Fluffy" or "Spot" or "Rex" or whatever they've decided to name their dog and they just can't comprehend how anybody can be that cruel. It obviously bothers some people on a very emotional level.

Let's not completely eliminate the racial element here either. Some but definitely not all the rancor over Micheal Vick being reinstated into the NFL was based on race.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:32 PM

7,212 posts, read 11,885,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Anybody can flip burgers. The reason you are in the National Football League is that you are the among the best in the world at what you do. The moment that you are not you are released from your contract.

Vick got signed by the Eagles because they still believed he was talented enough to play in the NFL.
I think one thing a lot of people are forgetting here is that the Eagles tried like mad to trade Vick this past off season. There were no takers. The fact that things turned out the way they have, was just a side effect of Kolb getting injured. The Eagles certainly had no idea Vick would play the way he has, if they did they would have never had Kolb as the starter to begin the season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football