Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 AM

357 posts, read 727,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
What about some of the other QB's around the league who are better such as Rivers, Ryan, Flacco, or Shaub? No interviews with Costas, D. Sanders, 60 Minutes etc.

debatable, no, no, no

Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I've been meaning to address this issue for a while. Kanes post is a good time to do it now.

I'm going to drop the "sticky" on this thread soon, probably after Philadelphia's last game of this season, wherever they wind up. With the exception of TOS violations, I've let people have their say. I've gotten flack from it on both sides of the issue. That's ok.

After this season, that will be "all she wrote" regarding this issue. There are threads on this issue from the other forums as well, such as Georgia, Pets, etc. We've had an entire season to talk all angles of this from this thread. I don't know (or care) how long the other threads on the other forums have been going. I don't get involved in those forums.

Now as far as Mike Vick the football player is concerned, those comments I'll let stand in the Eagle team forum, so long as those comments don't violate the terms of service. If they do, they're off the board immediately. If the posts on the team thread involve the dog fighting stuff, they're off the board immediately. The graphic pictures of dog fighting will be off the board as well. And I'll infract on it if it continues. As far as new threads go in regards to Vick and dog fighting, well the answer to that is no as well.

Five months is ample time for opinions to be weighed in on this. Five months is enough. I'll bump this post up if needed.
Bringing this thread up as a reminder. The Eagles season is over, but I'll give this thread a few more days to let people vent on this. Then I'll drop the "sticky".

Update-Friday morning. "Sticky" is dropped.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 01-14-2011 at 09:03 AM..

Old 01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
I think the players were sick of hearing about Vick too going by how defenses were going after him in the last half of the season.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:22 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,540 times
what game did you all watch?

Vick played well... bad defense, 5 drops passes and 2 missed FG's is what cost them the game.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:34 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I love redemption!! That's why I like the Vick story!

I swear.....It's seems that no one can turn the page except black folks. Let's not pretend the elephant ain't in the room! You ask most black folk?? They are rooting for him! Ask most white folk? They hate him. And they will swear it's not racial. Ask a black person if it's racial, and most will say yes!

They are tired of seeing bruthas who are trying to do the right thing get dogged by a white media. Most black folks feel like "who gives a flip about treatin' dogs right and ya'll ain't even treatin' us right!?"

I bet you that most of these dog fanatics are pro-abortion. They are all for a doctor sticking a vacuum tube into a baby's soft skull and sucking it's brains out until it expires, for that you get applause!! Torture or killing a D@#*M dog??? Ohhhhh you never get forgiveness for that one!
Racism, yea, but now how you described. The only aspect of racism that comes into play is the fact that the media and others want Vick to be successful. Not because he deserves it but because the league is dying for a dominant black QB. It bothers blacks and the white guilt group that the QB position is dominated by a white man in a league that is predominately black. So every black QB that comes out of college is touted as the next greatest QB. It's not enough to have some really good black QB's like Mcnabb, Moon, etc. No, they aren't top 10 of all time, so we have to put absurd expectations on the guys coming out of college. So everyone has to build up the likes of Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Michael Vick etc to be the savior. I knew VY nor Vick were never going to be dominant QB's in this league. Not because they are black but the systems in college or their styles. Their are plenty of white QB's I don't think will be big in the NFL either, i.e. Tim Tebow, Blaine Gabbert, etc. I'm sure i'll be called racist for telling it like it is, even though I wanted Troy Smith to start over Alex Smith with the Niners, my favorite player is Patrick Willis, and I hate the Duke Blue Devils, lol.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:06 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Racism, yea, but now how you described. The only aspect of racism that comes into play is the fact that the media and others want Vick to be successful. Not because he deserves it but because the league is dying for a dominant black QB. It bothers blacks and the white guilt group that the QB position is dominated by a white man in a league that is predominately black. So every black QB that comes out of college is touted as the next greatest QB. It's not enough to have some really good black QB's like Mcnabb, Moon, etc. No, they aren't top 10 of all time, so we have to put absurd expectations on the guys coming out of college. So everyone has to build up the likes of Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Michael Vick etc to be the savior. I knew VY nor Vick were never going to be dominant QB's in this league. Not because they are black but the systems in college or their styles. Their are plenty of white QB's I don't think will be big in the NFL either, i.e. Tim Tebow, Blaine Gabbert, etc. I'm sure i'll be called racist for telling it like it is, even though I wanted Troy Smith to start over Alex Smith with the Niners, my favorite player is Patrick Willis, and I hate the Duke Blue Devils, lol.

I just told a coworker, "expctations are much HIGHER for black qb's"

Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 AM

18,216 posts, read 25,854,577 times
Bringing this thread up to date. One thread on Mike Vick-period. The other one is closed.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:22 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Bascially it gets people watching as controvery does just like Farve;Lebron as evidenced by the interest on forums.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I love redemption!! That's why I like the Vick story!

I swear.....It's seems that no one can turn the page except black folks. Let's not pretend the elephant ain't in the room! You ask most black folk?? They are rooting for him! Ask most white folk? They hate him. And they will swear it's not racial. Ask a black person if it's racial, and most will say yes!

They are tired of seeing bruthas who are trying to do the right thing get dogged by a white media. Most black folks feel like "who gives a flip about treatin' dogs right and ya'll ain't even treatin' us right!?"

I bet you that most of these dog fanatics are pro-abortion. They are all for a doctor sticking a vacuum tube into a baby's soft skull and sucking it's brains out until it expires, for that you get applause!! Torture or killing a D@#*M dog??? Ohhhhh you never get forgiveness for that one!

Redemption? Michael Vick ran a dog fighting rink that involved torturing and killing dogs in sadistic manners. You cant redeem yourself from that by playing football well. He has always been a good football player.

He has to redeem himself by being a good person and not going back down that path. He seems to have done okay so far but he has to do that for YEARS before there is close to any type of redemption.

This has nothing to do with race and everything to do with someone drowning, electrocuting, and shooting dogs because they didnt fight well. I dont care what race they are, anyone that does that is a piece of ****.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:08 PM

666 posts, read 1,844,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Michael Vick ran a dog fighting rink.

That's it for this season. Thread closed.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 07-04-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football