U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 03:15 PM

11,005 posts, read 10,048,797 times

Advertisements

Good riddance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 04:48 PM

13,230 posts, read 12,429,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I wont be surprised if he still comes back. He knows he can't play a full season, so I could see the Vikes if Jackson or Sage is struggling week 6 bring him in for the remained of the season. I bet he would want to play just the 2 games vs Green Bay if he could.
Packersnut21 makes a good point. On ESPN's Pardon The Interruption this afternnon, Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon were discussing a similar scenario of this happening on the first weekend of November. The Vikings have a bye that week, and after playing 3 tough clubs in a row in October, and IF the Vikings are not playing good football by the time of the bye week, this scenario could happen.

When I first heard it, I kind of dismissed it. But after thinking on this, it's a possibility. Favre apparently came out and said some time ago that he couldn't last an entire season. In this case he wouldn't have to play an entire season, just half of one. One thing about it though, Favre BETTER be in football shape.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:14 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,859,202 times
he is NOT officially retired, he even said the following in SI:

Even he knows his gut feeling can't be trusted right now.
"Very unlikely,'' he said. "I really believe this is it. I truly, truly believe it's over. But if someone calls Nov. 1, who knows?''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...html?eref=sihp

Last edited by Badger; 07-29-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 05:46 PM

9,807 posts, read 6,483,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Packersnut21 makes a good point. On ESPN's Pardon The Interruption this afternnon, Tony Kornheiser and Mike Wilbon were discussing a similar scenario of this happening on the first weekend of November. The Vikings have a bye that week, and after playing 3 tough clubs in a row in October, and IF the Vikings are not playing good football by the time of the bye week, this scenario could happen.

When I first heard it, I kind of dismissed it. But after thinking on this, it's a possibility. Favre apparently came out and said some time ago that he couldn't last an entire season. In this case he wouldn't have to play an entire season, just half of one. One thing about it though, Favre BETTER be in football shape.

You forgot the rest of the story.

They( PTI) were interviewing Jared Allen , a Viking who had contact urging Favre to come, and he pretty much said once the training camp starts, the players there are his team mates and the saga about Favre is over.

He directly said he would not be in favor of Favre showing up in November.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 PM

3,108 posts, read 1,146,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

They( PTI) were interviewing Jared Allen , a Viking who had contact urging Favre to come, and he pretty much said once the training camp starts, the players there are his team mates and the saga about Favre is over.

That's what he says now, but I think he might sing a different tune if they are 5-4 and Favre could take them over the hump. To me I just can't get passed the whole he is going to keep throwing comments.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 PM

13,230 posts, read 12,429,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post

Appreciate the correction marmac! I had a phone call halfway through the program and missed the interview and the rest of the program. That little comment by Wilbon came on their 3rd comment.

They repeat again on ESPN 2 but I didn't think anything of watching it. Appreciate the input.

Opinion: I think he's done. Tavaris has potential. I realize potential isn't worth much unless it's realized, but I think he can do the job. Rosenfeld will push him, though. But if BOTH quarterbacks are struggling, or one of them gets dinged up, well....

A few weeks after that bye week, they run into some tough matchups; at Arizona, at Carolina, at Chicago, home against the Giants. The one game they should take there is Cincinatti. We'll see how it shakes out.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 07-29-2009 at 09:59 PM..

Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 PM

1,828 posts, read 2,373,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
As a Vike fan, I still don't think its the last of Farve. I'm sure his should will be much better in 2 months. If Rosenfels gets hurt I wouldn't be surprised if they called him again. But if he (and AP, Williams(s) etc) stays healthy I think he is competent enough to lead the Vikes deep into the playoffs. Tjak is garbage.
TJack is a physically skilled player, but one has to remember he did not play in a pro style offense in college, so it will take him a while to learn the system.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:09 AM

9,807 posts, read 6,483,952 times
Favre would make a good dairy farmer.

He "milked" every last drop of publicity he could get out of his retirement saga.

Then just when we think it's over, he says he might come back in November.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:39 PM
JJG

10,829 posts, read 10,446,212 times
Stay retired Brett................ Stay retired.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:13 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,176,039 times
TJ is hurt, here comes the cavalry...aka Brett the savior. This guy is gonna ride in on his white stallion and save the day. Or at least thats the way it will be portrayed. Im just glad Madden is retired or we would really never hear the end of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football