Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2012, 07:16 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
My thought on yesterday's game was that the defensive line doesn't have a pass rush. And Jerod Allen is the biggest disappointment of all. He's played one-on-one both weeks and only came close to a sack once and that was when he beat the snap count. Yesterday he was matched up against a rookie for the whole game and was handled. He seems to be blaming the replacement referees for his lack of production. I would like to see Everson Griffith get a chance to use his incredible speed on the outside and see if that would help the pass rush.
Colts fan here who attended the game. I think Allen is being unfairly criticized for the lack of sacks. Luck was adept at escaping danger. Still, Allen created havoc, forcing hurries and making it difficult to run the ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 11:52 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,221,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
I would like to see Everson Griffith get a chance to use his incredible speed on the outside and see if that would help the pass rush.
This kid has a bucket full of talent, but has had a reputation going back to HS of kind of coasting and not understanding that as he steps up in competition level the talent levels aren't so vast and you really need to work at it

The Vikings have had some luck with a different Agua Fria Owl (Randall McDaniel) who has been pretty visible in the community out here the past couple of years - the Vikings would be well served if this Owl can be half the pro that Randall was/is - he just needs to start "getting it"

Old 09-21-2012, 01:03 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Paul Allen's call of the Brett Favre Miracle Pass - YouTube

This is the kind of stuff that happens in the Metrodome. Let's hope we can work the 49rs again.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:40 PM

Mission accomplished!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,129 times
I was pleasantly surprised to see my Vikings win. I thought we'd be 2-1 right now but I thought we'd have beaten the Colts and lost to the Niners. It was nice to see the Vikes come out and win a game they weren't "supposed" to and to beat one of the top teams in football. It looks like Ponder is developing into a nice quarterback.

By the way I used to listen to that call of Favre's miracle touchdown over and over again that season. This win was our biggest since that year.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:40 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Go Vikes!!!

That win ruined a lot of peoples survivor pools, combined with the Cards beating the Pats last week.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:08 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Vikings travel this week to visit their proverbial red-headed step-child as the schedule makers seem to be easing us in to this season with just the right mix of beatable teams and favorable venues.

Jerome Simpson should be back from suspension for the Detroit game and looked to be our best downfield option during his limited playing time in the pre-season. My guess is that Jarius Wright's injury will flare up this week and he will be put on the injury list to make room for Simpson.

Matt Stafford tweaked a leg muscle and may be unavailable leaving one of seemingly dozens of ex-Viking QB's around; Shaun Hill, to fill in if Stafford is unable to go.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Go Vikes!!!

That win ruined a lot of peoples survivor pools, combined with the Cards beating the Pats last week.
SKOL!!! What a great game and a grand introduction of Christian Ponder to the NFL world. I think we have our QB for 10 years and can now build the team we know the Vikes can be.

Peterson and Harvin are just hitting their peak IMO. All we need is a couple of more pieces to the puzzle, like an elite WR. Let's hope Simpson can fill that role starting this week.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Wow! Totally confused everyone on that one, what a win and Ponder is coming into his own I think.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Wow! Totally confused everyone on that one, what a win and Ponder is coming into his own I think.
not everyone

Ponder has a great future and graduated from Florida State in just 2 1/2 years and compared to the vacuous stares that emit from a couple other of the NFC North QBs on a routine basis and the short shelf-life expected out of the 3rd, I like what we got here just fine.

Vikings are on the upswing and a very young team only going to get better, the other 3 teams are getting older and at least 2 of them have peaked.

Rankings in avg age of expected 2012 starting roster for NFC North (oldest-to-youngest)...

4) Chicago (12 off, 4 def)
7) Detroit (4 off, 24 def)
19) Green Bay (18 off, 18 def)
28) Minnesota (30 off, 21 def)

overall roster (as of Sept 1st) avg the Lions and Bears rank as the 3rd and 5th oldest teams, while the Vikings and Packers rank as the 4th and 5th youngest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football