Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:19 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,624,238 times

Advertisements

It is a shame what this country has become and what the laws allow people to get away with today.
As far as animal abuse goes, we are becoming a third world country. This is not the America I knew growing up as a child in the 60's!
The punishment is not fitting any of the crimes today and the criminals know that. So now animal abuse and dog fighting will continue as sick vick basically just got a slap on the wrist. He now has the knowledge of how not to get caught and may even have his hands in dog fighting somehow in the future. I would not put it past the demented mind of his. I say if he does not play ball he goes back to the torturing! After all, he'll just get another slap on the wrist!

Old 08-14-2009, 02:34 PM

751 posts, read 2,473,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
That's not Michael Vick's fault. It's the fault of the individuals who comprise America's democratic society, which includes you. It's the fault of people like you and the other posters above, who have a squealy hissy fit if a person who commits an offense is allowed to return to productive life. Not even working at McDonalds, serving people pieces of animal that have been put through a meat grinder, which is so admirable and meritorous and praiseworthy.

You've never been on a farm, have you? Did you ever castrate an aniimal? Should every athlete who grew up on a farm be banned for life from ever playing? Growing up on a farm with any kind of livestock is prime facie evidence of having done something to an animal that the animal didn't like.
So here we go again, we have someone who is assuming I think something, and then commenting on what they assume I think. I think all ex-cons should be able to get a job. Returning to productive life is one thing, but being a millionaire with kids idolizing and tryin to emulate you is quite another.

Yes I have been on farms, several actually. Did I work on them, no. But if farmers are castrating animals that are not under anesthesia than they should be behind bars too. This also is not about doing something to animals they don't like, it's about commiting a felony.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,126,779 times
I have been getting lots of reps on my posts in this thread, so it looks like a lot of people agree with me. There was a good show on Animal Planet called animal witness. It showed that even know these dogs were severely abused, they still became adopted and great pets. I really love pit bulls because they are the most affectionate breed of dog I have ever seen. The fact that Michael Vick tortured these dogs really makes me sick, enough to almost throw up. Here is a great video that I think everyone should watch, they might have a different opinion of Michael Vick after this.....

YouTube - Pitbulls-VICKtory to the Underdog, Hell and Back -All New!

Old 08-14-2009, 02:43 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,158,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have been getting lots of reps on my posts in this thread, so it looks like a lot of people agree with me. There was a good show on Animal Planet called animal witness. It showed that even know these dogs were severely abused, they still became adopted and great pets. I really love pit bulls because they are the most affectionate breed of dog I have ever seen. The fact that Michael Vick tortured these dogs really makes me sick, enough to almost throw up. Here is a great video that I think everyone should watch, they might have a different opinion of Michael Vick after this.....

YouTube - Pitbulls-VICKtory to the Underdog, Hell and Back -All New!
las vegas, I don't think anyone is disputing what he did was disgusting and wrong. We are just saying he served his time - he paid the price and he should be allowed to move on. You don't seem to agree with that.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,185,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I hope thousands and thousands will protest all the games.
They're going to build him a dog house on the sideline...with a stake and chains...

Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,126,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
las vegas, I don't think anyone is disputing what he did was disgusting and wrong. We are just saying he served his time - he paid the price and he should be allowed to move on. You don't seem to agree with that.
Fair enough, but the guy took pliers and removed their teeth with them screaming in agony. Can you imagine that? I do not feel he has served his time. He is a severely sick and evil person. In fact, he has all the signs of a future serial killer. Here is the second video, you really need to watch this....

YouTube - VICKtory to the Underdog - Trailer 2

Old 08-14-2009, 02:59 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,624,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
There are hundreds of thousands of normal, compassionate, animal friendly people who also do not agree with it!

Old 08-14-2009, 03:06 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,158,116 times
Quote:
Fair enough, but the guy took pliers and removed their teeth with them screaming in agony. Can you imagine that? I do not feel he has served his time. He is a severely sick and evil person. In fact, he has all the signs of a future serial killer. Here is the second video, you really need to watch this....

YouTube - VICKtory to the Underdog - Trailer 2
I understand - believe me, I know full well what he did. I will say it again. HE SERVED HIS TIME. And killing dogs is very different than killing people. To say he has the signs of a serial killer is a little extreme.

How long should one be punished before they can move on? He carried out his sentence already. Try to move past it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
There are hundreds of thousands of normal, compassionate, animal friendly people who also do not agree with it!
In an ideal world, how long should he have been in jail?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:08 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,185,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
What do you think would be better judgment by the NFL? Tell hem to wait until he is 40 years old, and then he can play?

How do you distinguish between a "so-called professional athlete" and a real one? Do you have any idea what kind of personal discipline it takes to reach a high level in competitive sports? Go and watch a pre-season training camp sometime, and see what they have to do, just to keep from being cut before the season starts. After two years in prison, do you think he can just run out on the field and pass the ball around, ;and run at a comfortable trot, and make the Eagles a contender?

There are two things that made him a "so called professional athlete". One, he was born with a certain talent, comparable to other world class athletes. Two, HE WORKED HARDER.
Pete Rose has been banned from baseball for 20 years and he didn't kill anything!

AND HE WORKED HARD TOO!

Old 08-14-2009, 03:09 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,678,453 times
Quote:
Fair enough, but the guy took pliers and removed their teeth with them screaming in agony. Can you imagine that? I do not feel he has served his time. He is a severely sick and evil person. In fact, he has all the signs of a future serial killer.
I think predicting him to be a serial killer is a little bit of a stretch. It's always been my impression that serial killers (and animal mutilators) do it because they enjoy the feeling of torturing someone. It gives them a thrill.

Is there a statement that he did the horrible things (I mean the pulling teeth, drowning, etc) because he liked the sound of the dogs in pain? Or did he coldly do it as just one part of running a business? A lot of people think of animals as lesser beings (like hunters that bleach numbers onto their dogs' fur and then throw them out once the season is over). They're both very wrong, and you'd have to be at least somewhat sick to do either, but I see a big difference between doing it because (in your mind) it's just a necessary chore and doing it because it gives you an indescribable and addicting thrill. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to defend what he did, I just don't see the dogfighting = serial killer argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football