U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2009, 07:12 PM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,334 posts, read 11,763,518 times
Reputation: 2990

Advertisements

I hope thousands and thousands will protest all the games.

 
Old 08-13-2009, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Near the water
8,219 posts, read 11,055,328 times
Reputation: 3846
Whew!!!

I am just glad that he didn't sign with the Panthers.
 
Old 08-13-2009, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Victoria TX
42,670 posts, read 70,031,503 times
Reputation: 35762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
I hope thousands and thousands will protest all the games.
I hope thousands and thousands of people see him gain 500 yards in the Super Bowl. There. Now we're at a sandoff.

. He is not an evil man. A majority of the players in the NFL have committed felonies, most have not been caught. His crime did not even have any human victims, and is no more inhumane than hunting.

You're so concerned about the dogs, but you don't care if the American people sink their teeth into Michael Vick and rip his throat out.
 
Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Near the water
8,219 posts, read 11,055,328 times
Reputation: 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You can hope anything you want. He is not an evil man. A majority of the players in the NFL have committed felonies, most have not been caught. His crime did not even have any human victims, and is no more inhumane than hunting.

At the end of the day, he has to live with what he did. He has to answer for that. But what he did is wrong. And by signing him back into the NFL shortly after he was released was not the right thing to do. He should be made to tough it out a while...tough it out in the *outside* world. Making his way for 3 hots and a cot and not coddled by a football uniform.

just my .02
 
Old 08-13-2009, 07:43 PM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,334 posts, read 11,763,518 times
Reputation: 2990
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I hope thousands and thousands of people see him gain 500 yards in the Super Bowl. There. Now we're at a sandoff.

. He is not an evil man. A majority of the players in the NFL have committed felonies, most have not been caught. His crime did not even have any human victims, and is no more inhumane than hunting.

You're so concerned about the dogs, but you don't care if the American people sink their teeth into Michael Vick and rip his throat out.
You think I care about Vick?
Of course my main concern is those poor dogs who suffered at the hands of a sick. p.o.s creep. Of course, the NFL is full of criminals but not one of his sick demeanor. The man was born with a demented mind.
I say let him run for his life in the jungle and see how far he gets! That is the payday he deserves!
 
Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 19,879,618 times
Reputation: 8597
I'm curious as to what position he is going to play. I don't think he'll play this year at all.

There will be protests, but the man did the crime, and he did his time. As far as I'm concerned, its over. Personally, I think he is a disgusting individual, but I'm not going to be mad that he is playing again. I also hope that he has seen the error of his ways, and that he tries to do some good for animals to help his karma.
 
Old 08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
 
716 posts, read 954,855 times
Reputation: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
You think I care about Vick?
Of course my main concern is those poor dogs who suffered at the hands of a sick. p.o.s creep. Of course, the NFL is full of criminals but not one of his sick demeanor. The man was born with a demented mind.
I say let him run for his life in the jungle and see how far he gets! That is the payday he deserves!

I am a dog owner and am pretty disgusted with what he did. Do I think he should have gotten more time? Yeah, definitely. However, I don't make the laws, and under the system we have he served his time and has the same rights as any other ex-con.
 
Old 08-14-2009, 01:41 AM
 
10,485 posts, read 22,215,244 times
Reputation: 6603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I hope thousands and thousands of people see him gain 500 yards in the Super Bowl. There. Now we're at a sandoff.

. He is not an evil man. A majority of the players in the NFL have committed felonies, most have not been caught. His crime did not even have any human victims, and is no more inhumane than hunting.

You're so concerned about the dogs, but you don't care if the American people sink their teeth into Michael Vick and rip his throat out.
My God, what is wrong with you? He is not evil, are you kidding me? This guy is one of the rare exceptions that if I read "Micheal Vick was brutally murdered", I would actually be thrilled about it. Anyone that could be that cruel to innocent animals deserves the death penalty in my opinion. At least people can speak up for themselves, animals can not.
 
Old 08-14-2009, 04:56 AM
 
Location: Sango, TN
24,889 posts, read 19,879,618 times
Reputation: 8597
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
My God, what is wrong with you? He is not evil, are you kidding me? This guy is one of the rare exceptions that if I read "Micheal Vick was brutally murdered", I would actually be thrilled about it. Anyone that could be that cruel to innocent animals deserves the death penalty in my opinion. At least people can speak up for themselves, animals can not.
Then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Wishing death on another individual isn't a good way of healing. What he did was bad, what some may consider evil, but he did his court ordered time. With me he has a pretty much clean slate now.
 
Old 08-14-2009, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Near the water
8,219 posts, read 11,055,328 times
Reputation: 3846
Sad....

people get upset for what he did, which he was wrong to do. But to wish harm or death on another is just as bad if not worse than what he did.

C'mon people....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top