Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,667,006 times

Advertisements

The Philadelphia Eagles has now reached a new low and signed Michael Vick to a two year contract. It seems the Eagles like the bad boys, the wife beaters, dope smokers, and now the dog murderer. Now I am sure there are those who will swear up and down that he paid is debt to society, but has he paid his debt the the dogs he drown, to the puppies used as bait, and to his responsibility as an athlete to serve as a leader for our youth? I think not!
I recently watched a show about the Philadelphia Animal Police and I think that Vick is in the right place. When he flops out on the playing field he can walk around the corner and start fighting dogs again.

Last edited by 2goldens; 08-16-2009 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: Moved from PETS/DOGS forum

Old 08-14-2009, 09:27 AM

14,785 posts, read 23,996,029 times
well let us see how many tickets they sell ? I would really like it if they did not sell any but I know that will not happen . I just would like to see ppl boycott the nfl untill they get rid of the bad boys as you put it , once and for all . In other words new rules , you mess up , you are gone and no longer employable by the nfl . Oh well that is in a perfect world and god knows we dont have that .

Old 08-14-2009, 09:34 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,635,628 times
I posted this topic in the Great Debates forum yesterday.
I hope the protesters come out in the thousands, I know they will!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:36 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,973,152 times
peta has already issued a statement about this.......

Old 08-14-2009, 09:40 AM

56 posts, read 161,393 times
Whether or not we agree with the justice system in this country, he's served his time. Let's not forget that one point of the justice system is rehabilitation. That's why you see murderers get released. Yeah sure, they don't deserve to be released but the justice system deemed these people rehabilitated. I'm not condoning his behavior by any means because honestly, I think the man is a stupid idiot. You can add TO, Randy Moss, and "Ocho Cinco" to that list.

Let's be realistic. Not enough people will boycott sports, whether it's the NFL or MLB. All we can do is hope that morons like this clown get caught before they do too much damage to animals, or people for that matter. I don't like wasting my energy on these people because honestly, it's not worth the "virtual ink" we're using to talk about them.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:14 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,318,068 times
I'm guessing part of his attraction to the Eagles, is that they WILL sell more tickets...all the macho morons who want to see him. And any publicity will just fuel the fire and sell yet more tickets. A perfect world it is not

Old 08-14-2009, 10:15 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,780,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The Philadelphia Eagles has now reached a new low and signed Michael Vick to a two year contract. It seems the Eagles like the bad boys, the wife beaters, dope smokers, and now the dog murderer. Now I am sure there are those who will swear up and down that he paid is debt to society, but has he paid his debt the the dogs he drown, to the puppies used as bait, and to his responsibility as an athlete to serve as a leader for our youth? I think not!
I recently watched a show about the Philadelphia Animal Police and I think that Vick is in the right place. When he flops out on the playing field he can walk around the corner and start fighting dogs again.
That is very sad. I was a big Eagles fan, but now I hope they go 0-16.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 AM

2,029 posts, read 4,024,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
I'm guessing part of his attraction to the Eagles, is that they WILL sell more tickets...all the macho morons who want to see him. And any publicity will just fuel the fire and sell yet more tickets. A perfect world it is not
I bleed Eagle green and yes I am upset at them signing Vick. I have zero respect for the guy. I just wanted to say that they don't need him to sell tickets...their home games are sold out regardless of who they sign. I've seen a few threads on CD about Vick and have tried to stay away from them. The posters are bashing us Eagle fans and I am sick of it. We are NOT the ones who signed him...management did that. I like you ShelbyGirl and enjoy reading your posts. I'm just offended that you called us Macho Morons. We have a bad rep thanks to a few idiots and that stigma has followed us for years. The whole throwing snowballs at Santa Claus is one of the things that gave us a bad rep. The majority of people in the rest of the country don't even know the real truth about that. It was a drunk Eagles fan dressed in that suit who was obnoxious and the other fans had enough of him. I'm not saying that was the right thing to do, but we do look out for each other.

I am so disappointed the Eagles signed him because to me, what he did is unforgivable. IMO he should have stayed in prison forever or better yet do to him what he did to those dogs. Please don't bash the fans...bash the organization.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:58 AM

9,352 posts, read 19,973,152 times
from tmz (yeah... i am a TOTAL pop culture geek...... )

MICHAEL VICK --- I MADE BAD DECISIONS

The Michael Vick "Please Don't Pelt Me with Objects" tour began today as Vick addressed the press for the first time as a member of the Philadelphia Eagles.

Vick said all the right things -- like "I won't disappoint," "Playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right," and "You only get one shot at a second chance" -- but he's still got a long way to go to win over the fans of Philly.

Remember, these are the same people that booed Santa Claus.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:01 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,318,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I bleed Eagle green and yes I am upset at them signing Vick. I have zero respect for the guy. I just wanted to say that they don't need him to sell tickets...their home games are sold out regardless of who they sign. I've seen a few threads on CD about Vick and have tried to stay away from them. The posters are bashing us Eagle fans and I am sick of it. We are NOT the ones who signed him...management did that. I like you ShelbyGirl and enjoy reading your posts. I'm just offended that you called us Macho Morons. We have a bad rep thanks to a few idiots and that stigma has followed us for years. The whole throwing snowballs at Santa Claus is one of the things that gave us a bad rep. The majority of people in the rest of the country don't even know the real truth about that. It was a drunk Eagles fan dressed in that suit who was obnoxious and the other fans had enough of him. I'm not saying that was the right thing to do, but we do look out for each other.

I am so disappointed the Eagles signed him because to me, what he did is unforgivable. IMO he should have stayed in prison forever or better yet do to him what he did to those dogs. Please don't bash the fans...bash the organization.
Whoaaaaaaaa! My post was not directed at Eagle fans in the least. Macho Morons was directed at ANY fan/person who pays to see him. That could entail the whole NFL for all I know. The Eagles just happened to be the ones who signed him first. And of course, it was to sell tickets. Why else...for his likeability?
I'm sorry you took it personally...it was not meant to be taken that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.