Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:04 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,121 times

Advertisements

LMAO, only the Raiders....

an except of what was reported online:
Word has broken from the National Football Post that about two weeks ago, two Raiders coaches got into a fight at training camp. And one was injured.

Napa Police Lt. Brian McGovern said that in order to maintain victim confidentiality, he could not reveal the identity of the person injured. However, the National Football Post learned that Randy Hanson, a defensive assistant, got punched in the face and was then taken to a hospital for X-rays.

The results of those exams are not known. McGovern said misdemeanor assault charges could come if the victim comes forward with information that leads to an investigation. McGovern said a broken jaw could lead to felony charges. McGovern said that police have not followed up with the Raiders in search for more information, primarily since Hanson has refused to reveal who hit him.

What makes all of this even better is that the Raiders have kept trying to hide this fact from everyone, including the NFL.

Raiders senior executive John Herrera said that head coach Tom Cable would address the situation with media following the team’s practice Sunday. However, Cable did not.
And NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league was not aware of the alleged incident either.
“We’ll look into it,” Aiello said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:58 PM

18,214 posts, read 25,850,946 times
I was just looking at today's Oakland Tribune's site on sports, there is a story on it. What Greg Aiello said is basically what the Raiders public relations department is saying. No real surprise there. It's been common knowledge that very little gets out of the Raiders camp if Al Davis has to do anything about it.

Looks to be another long season in Raider Nation. Thanks for the thread Speedaddicted!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:09 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
I love it.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I was just looking at today's Oakland Tribune's site on sports, there is a story on it. What Greg Aiello said is basically what the Raiders public relations department is saying. No real surprise there. It's been common knowledge that very little gets out of the Raiders camp if Al Davis has to do anything about it.

Looks to be another long season in Raider Nation. Thanks for the thread Speedaddicted!

Nothing out of Dallas or Oakland surprises me anymore. ITs sad what these two former great franchises have become. I used to love watching Bo Jackson in black and silver. The Raiders will never be great as long as the crypt keeper, I mean AL Davis is in charge.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:54 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
The Raiders will never be great as long as the crypt keeper, I mean AL Davis is in charge.
I hope he lives forever.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 PM

LMAO.... too funny Bosco

Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 PM

18,214 posts, read 25,850,946 times
On the ESPN halftime report on the Giant/Panther game, Adam Shefter reports that according to the article it WAS Tom Cable who threw the punch.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 08-17-2009 at 09:16 PM..

Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,272 times
Come on, where's the Raider tradition - no one pulled a switchblade?

From the #1 Denver Bronco fan in St. Louis.....

Old 08-17-2009, 09:24 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
The Raiders will never be great as long as the crypt keeper, I mean AL Davis is in charge.
Yeah, he just keeps digging them deeper and deeper into the dirt.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:19 PM

109 posts, read 319,558 times
As a 27 year Raider fan......

Al Davis is a clown and needs to either sell the team or be declared incompetent by a doctor and removed as owner. He has turned the Raiders into Cuba. Think about it,both he and Castro wear the same uniforms every time you see him. both surround themselves with yes man and lapdog loyalists who spew the same propaganda every time. both run their respective "nations" by keeping them in the dark ages. want and example?Cubans drive cars from the 50s while if you ever go to a Raider game they only speak of the past,the stadium they play in is 20 years outdated,and even the cheerleaders at halftime do dance routines to songs from the 70s!also when people escape from the Raider organization they speak of the intimidation and the Big Brother like atmosphere of Grandpa al and the Raider organization. Why do the Raiders finish in last place every year?Because Grandpa Al would rather defy the NFL big wigs then get his team into the modern times and win football games. And when the Raiders lose its never Als fault. He blames everyone else but himself. Yet its GM Al,who makes the decisions about everything with that team. so learning that there is distention among the coaches is no surprise.

I also predict Lane Kiffin will do well at Tennessee and win a National title there before the Raiders ever each .500.

SELL THE TEAM AL!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football