U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2009, 02:36 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451

Advertisements

I turned it off not too long after he said-"Jake is a Good QB"

And what was with all the hand movements while he was talking in the booth? I hope he wasn't trying to imitate John Madden
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2009, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
3,562 posts, read 4,967,121 times
Reputation: 1491
1st - I enjoyed it. He seems like a good fit and obviously knows what he's talking about.

And Delhomme is a decent QB. He does make mistakes but he also makes good plays. I guess it all depends on what "good" means to the person saying it. He's had awful games, but hes had incredible games as well. Hell, he was the 3rd highest rating QB in post season history for a while. He's had 2 real bad playoff games but he's had more good playoff games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 04:15 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
1st - I enjoyed it. He seems like a good fit and obviously knows what he's talking about.

And Delhomme is a decent QB. He does make mistakes but he also makes good plays. I guess it all depends on what "good" means to the person saying it. He's had awful games, but hes had incredible games as well. Hell, he was the 3rd highest rating QB in post season history for a while. He's had 2 real bad playoff games but he's had more good playoff games.


He is Tony Romo's Football cousin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,345 posts, read 14,130,061 times
Reputation: 5966
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He is Tony Romo's Football cousin
Until Tony Romo wins a playoff game, you can not call Jake Delhomme Tony Romo's football cousin. Jake has taken his team to the Super Bowl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 04:21 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Until Tony Romo wins a playoff game, you can not call Jake Delhomme Tony Romo's football cousin. Jake has taken his team to the Super Bowl.
I do give credit to Jake for one thing, for playing a huge role in knocking the Eagles out of the NFC Chapionship. So I know I can't forget how he stopped the Eagles from going to the SB but since then he has been BOOTY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 06:28 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
3,562 posts, read 4,967,121 times
Reputation: 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He is Tony Romo's Football cousin

With much more success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
3,562 posts, read 4,967,121 times
Reputation: 1491
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I do give credit to Jake for one thing, for playing a huge role in knocking the Eagles out of the NFC Chapionship. So I know I can't forget how he stopped the Eagles from going to the SB but since then he has been BOOTY

He played extremely well against the cheaters in that superbowl as well. I put that loss on the defense.

Im not saying hes great but he's a little better than average. He just has some games that are completey horrible. For instance last year...he led his team to a 12-5 record but had 3 or 4 games that just made you sick.

But Gruden did seem to be a huge Panthers fan that game for some reason. I dont really understand it. He was a div rival and every time I have seen him doing an anaysis he is praising the Panthers. I dont even think we'll be good this and Im a homer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Chattanooga, TN
623 posts, read 1,351,203 times
Reputation: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He is Tony Romo's Football cousin
Delhomme is Clark W Griswold while Romo is Cousin Eddie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 07:08 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,945 posts, read 19,192,498 times
Reputation: 9175
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I turned it off not too long after he said-"Jake is a Good QB"
Well he was basically a failure as a head coach, so it's not surprising he'd fail at this too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2009, 07:17 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Well he was basically a failure as a head coach, so it's not surprising he'd fail at this too.

It's three reasons I will never call him a failure as a headcoach

1. He beat the Eagles at the last game in the Vet

2. He beat the Eagles the Eagles in the first game at the Linc

3. He has a SB ring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top