Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM

83 posts, read 279,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Wow...stalk at all? Anyway, I'm more of a college fb fan. The NFL is obnoxious, and I get sick of watching the 'Brett Favre Worship Hour' (AKA Sportscenter) every day.
I think the pro-game is great - but I am with you on ESPN. You could argue that the best news our country has had this year was the fact that they dropped Tony Kornheiser from announcing.

That's what happens when you let Disney do the NFL.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 03:56 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Just wait until the playoffs. He'll be as clutch this year as he was last year with the Jets. It's easy to be clutch in the regular season against mediocre to crappy teams.
the vikings got him so he could play well in week 4 in a dome only getting hit once and never sacked and blitzed 16% of the time in 60mins.

though you've got to admit, the scheduler was kind, they only have one cold weather game at Chicago late in the season. Weather shouldn't be an issue. Fatigue might be.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
the vikings got him so he could play well in week 4 in a dome only getting hit once and never sacked and blitzed 16% of the time in 60mins.

though you've got to admit, the scheduler was kind, they only have one cold weather game at Chicago late in the season. Weather shouldn't be an issue. Fatigue might be.
That statement is nonsense, the Vikings got him to improve their QB position, not play for 1 game. Keep hanging on to that hate, though you'll probably be blubbering in your crappy beer when the Packers put his name up on the ring of honor like all the other short-memoried Cheese-heads.

Schedule is what it is, they play with the hand that's dealt to them. Your (2 -2) Packers are just ahead of the Vikes and the Bears have an easier schedule. The Steelers and Ravens have the next easiest, so what? The team still has to show up and win.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:

That statement is nuts (you might say PNuts), the Vikings got him to improve their QB position, not play for 1 game. Keep hanging on to that hate, though you'll probably be blubbering in your crappy beer with all the other short-memoried Cheese-heads when the Packers put his name up on the ring of honor.

Schedule is what it is, they play with the hand that's dealt to them. Your (2 -2) Packers are just ahead of the Vikes and the Bears have an easier schedule. The Steelers and Ravens have the next easiest, so what? The team still has to show up and win.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:38 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,562,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
That statement is nuts (you might say PNuts), the Vikings got him to improve their QB position, not play for 1 game. Keep hanging on to that hate, though you'll probably be blubbering in your crappy beer with all the other short-memoried Cheese-heads when the Packers put his name up on the ring of honor.

take a pill, it's called sarcasm,

Sarcasm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thought the smiley face would've helped but you're a vi-Queens fan so I guess not.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:16 PM

664 posts, read 1,946,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
MY EYES, MY EYES!!!! I can't take reading anything else about Favre.

MY EARS, MY EARS!!!! I had to watch MNF on mute the other night.

They even mentioned him during the play-in game last night in Minnesota.

Please Mommy make it stop!!!!!
LOL...it's only when I start Favre threads that they get thrown in with the SKOL VIKINGS thread...other start them and they stay...sorry...if I had started these BF threads they's be long gone...

Old 10-08-2009, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000Lakes View Post
LOL...it's only when I start Favre threads that they get thrown in with the SKOL VIKINGS thread...other start them and they stay...sorry...if I had started these BF threads they's be long gone...
10K... think your post on "BF's still got it" was put into this SKOL thread because it may have been looked at as a comment on a particular game or player that the Vikings have. The two other current threads about Favre are about particular circumstances associated with BF, one in that he does not deserve the clutch label and one that is discussing over-rated NFL players.

I dunno...

Maybe someone could start a thread called "Reasons to Hate Brett Favre" that all these other threads could get moved to.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:35 AM

664 posts, read 1,946,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
10K... think your post on "BF's still got it" was put into this SKOL thread because it may have been looked at as a comment on a particular game or player that the Vikings have. The two other current threads about Favre are about particular circumstances associated with BF, one in that he does not deserve the clutch label and one that is discussing over-rated NFL players.

I dunno...

Maybe someone could start a thread called "Reasons to Hate Brett Favre" that all these other threads could get moved to.
lol! True...it would get a lot of haters that's for sure!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:46 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
They give him so much credit for things like looking off a CB, the guy's been in the league for like 19 years, he should know how to do that by now.
Hmmm, he's been in the league for 19 years, 16 of them with Green Bay. You would think the GB corners would be smarter than to get looked off by a guy they watched week in/week out for years.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:03 PM

486 posts, read 1,035,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Hmmm, he's been in the league for 19 years, 16 of them with Green Bay. You would think the GB corners would be smarter than to get looked off by a guy they watched week in/week out for years.
How many of the current corners on the Packers played with Favre for 16 years? Or even more than 1 or 2 years with him for that matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football