U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 03:04 AM

306 posts, read 241,864 times

Advertisements

I have to give the nod to Chris Berman. He is the most annoying person in the history of the NFL.

Others, Lee Corso and Lou Holtz.

What are yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 05:01 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,847,247 times
Troy Aikman and Joe Buck ESPECIALLY when they do Dallas games!! SO ANNOYING!! I also agree with Lou Holtz, have you seen his latest skid called "Dr. Lou"?? OH BOY OH BOY....You'll really be annoyed now!!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:23 AM

83 posts, read 249,220 times
Tony Kornheiser. Simply HORRIBLE - listening to him on MNF was like sitting next to a swarmy, unatheletic middle-aged band-dork from Long Island on a 4-hour flight. It was like someone grabbed a medicore Brooklyn vaudeville comic from the 1920s, brought him through a time warp, and set him in the booth - only a 20's vaudeville comic would probably have more insight into the game.

I am thankful for a few things in life, and one of them is not having to see that untalented buffon on broadcast football anymore.

And how can you crack on Aikman and Buck? They are among the best in the business - smooth, knowledgable, consistent..... they focus more on the game and less on the sideshow crap that finds its way into the booth at Disney Sports...er...ESPN.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Troy Aikman and Joe Buck ESPECIALLY when they do Dallas games!! SO ANNOYING!! I also agree with Lou Holtz, have you seen his latest skid called "Dr. Lou"?? OH BOY OH BOY....You'll really be annoyed now!!
The thing that cracks me up is the way Joe Buck looks up at him when the camera is on him...... it looks like he is staring him up then down and wants to have sex with him.

Lou Holtz is annoying to me simply because i can't understand what he is saying. I think he has a speech problem.

Last edited by UrbanLover; 11-02-2009 at 07:43 AM..

Old 11-02-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuato View Post
Tony Kornheiser. Simply HORRIBLE - listening to him on MNF was like sitting next to a swarmy, unatheletic middle-aged band-dork from Long Island on a 4-hour flight. It was like someone grabbed a medicore Brooklyn vaudeville comic from the 1920s, brought him through a time warp, and set him in the booth - only a 20's vaudeville comic would probably have more insight into the game.

I am thankful for a few things in life, and one of them is not having to see that untalented buffon on broadcast football anymore.

And how can you crack on Aikman and Buck? They are among the best in the business - smooth, knowledgable, consistent..... they focus more on the game and less on the sideshow crap that finds its way into the booth at Disney Sports...er...ESPN.
I was jumping up and down when they got rid of him on MNF.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuato View Post
Are you serious? The best in the business?? Knowledgable?? Maybe so when they are not doing Cowboy games, but they seem to be on for most Cowboy games and they go on and on about how great the Cowboys are... Cowboys this and cowboys that...blah blah blah. Gets on my last nerve especially Aikman. Unless you're a Cowboy fan, I don't see how it doesn't get on your nerves.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Are you serious? The best in the business?? Knowledgable?? Maybe so when they are not doing Cowboy games, but they seem to be on for most Cowboy games and they go on and on about how great the Cowboys are... Cowboys this and cowboys that...blah blah blah. Gets on my last nerve especially Aikman. Unless you're a Cowboy fan, I don't see how it doesn't get on your nerves.
Completely agree. EVERY person that I knew was glad when they announced he wasn't coming back.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:00 AM

16,531 posts, read 20,989,157 times
With the exception of Buck and Aikman, there is a common thread with all the other names mentioned here, which is ESPN. While they still have a number of people there I like, the station just grinds on me at times. I just get tired of the schtick, and Chris Berman is the worst offender. I think when I really started to tire of them is when they came out with the ESPY awards. And I know there are a lot of people probably on this forum that probably like the ESPY's, they just carry things too far.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
With the exception of Buck and Aikman, there is a common thread with all the other names mentioned here, which is ESPN. While they still have a number of people there I like, the station just grinds on me at times. I just get tired of the schtick, and Chris Berman is the worst offender. I think when I really started to tire of them is when they came out with the ESPY awards. And I know there are a lot of people probably on this forum that probably like the ESPY's, they just carry things too far.
Do you remember Sean Salisbury? What happened to him? He used to get on my last nerve!! I agree about the ESPYs, by the way!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 AM

16,531 posts, read 20,989,157 times
Quote:
Do you remember Sean Salisbury? What happened to him? He used to get on my last nerve!! I agree about the ESPYs, by the way!
Something went on between Salisbury and John Clayton, another one of their commentary guys. Apparently Salisbury got into it with him ON AIR, which kind of surprised me. It happened maybe a year ago. ESPN let Salisbury go shortly afterwards. I've been meaning to google Salisbury and Clayton, and see if there is any sites on it.

UPDATE! Just did, there are a lot of things that came up! Boy is there a lot! lol

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-02-2009 at 09:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or