U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:54 AM

20,419 posts, read 37,615,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I know...some of their fans even think that they were on the team!

Really?
Who would those be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 10:28 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,175,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Were you on the team?
Let me rephrase for people who have trouble seeing the BIG picture!

"When your team has 6 Lombardi's, then we'll talk!" Better?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:30 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,309 posts, read 11,175,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Really?
Who would those be?
He means me!!

Old 11-30-2009, 08:35 AM

323 posts, read 736,423 times
FINALLY! I am so glad someone started this thread!

I wish the annoucers would start talking about the Anti-Steeler Nation. After being stuck in SteelerLand for the last several years, I have come to loathe the team & fans. Since most of the tv coverage is centered around the Steeler games, I cheer against them every game. My hope is for them to miss the playoffs this year. Looks like that is going to happen.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:07 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,186,423 times
It's funny how arrogant they are when they win, but when they lose and you call them out they whine about you being rude or harassaing them. MAN UP! It's football, talk smack bout others teams and they will do the smae about yours. Just dont make it personal!

The good news is hospitals across the country are making more money to stimulate the economy with all the injured ankles from people jumping off the "WE GOT SIX" band wagon!

Old 11-30-2009, 09:14 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,007,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
It's funny how arrogant they are when they win, but when they lose and you call them out they whine about you being rude or harassaing them. MAN UP! It's football, talk smack bout others teams and they will do the smae about yours. Just dont make it personal!

The good news is hospitals across the country are making more money to stimulate the economy with all the injured ankles from people jumping off the "WE GOT SIX" band wagon!
I'm not a Steelers fan, but I'd say they remained fairly competitive without Roethlisberger and Polamalu. If the Pats lose Brady you can forget the season, and none of their games will even be close. Same can be said for most teams around the league. How many teams can you name in the NFL that can still win or keep the score close without their starting QB and key defensive player? Most teams would be done for the season.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I'm not a Steelers fan, but I'd say they remained fairly competitive without Roethlisberger and Polamalu. If the Pats lose Brady you can forget the season, and none of their games will even be close. Same can be said for most teams around the league. How many teams can you name in the NFL that can still win or keep the score close without their starting QB and key defensive player? Most teams would be done for the season.

The Pats lost Brady and our staring Safety last season just like PITTS and we won 11 games. Same as the team that won our division. Did you miss that??

Old 11-30-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
The Pats lost Brady and our staring Safety last season just like PITTS and we won 11 games. Same as the team that won our division. Did you miss that??
That was last year when you had a decent back up in Cassel, who is your savior this year if Brady goes down? Many of your wins are very close even with Brady, the Pats aren't the same team they were two or three seasons ago.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
That was last year when you had a decent back up in Cassel, who is your savior this year if Brady goes down? Many of your wins are very close even with Brady, the Pats aren't the same team they were two or three seasons ago.

LMAO, Dude, who was Matt Cassell before last year? A guy who had NEVER started a college game much less an NFL game. NO ONE had ever heard of him. Hell one team said they felt good having to play us and our high school QB since that was the last time he started. Who ever said they were the same team? No one on here. You dant have to be nor should you be the same team, bottom line is your statement was ridculous. The Patriost did lose Brady and did lose not 1 not 2 but 5 defensive starters and they still won 11 games and never once did they lose back to back games much less 3 in a row.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
LMAO, Dude, who was Matt Cassell before last year? A guy who had NEVER started a college game much less an NFL game. NO ONE had ever heard of him. Hell one team said they felt good having to play us and our high school QB since that was the last time he started. Who ever said they were the same team? No one on here. You dant have to be nor should you be the same team, bottom line is your statement was ridculous. The Patriost did lose Brady and did lose not 1 not 2 but 5 defensive starters and they still won 11 games and never once did they lose back to back games much less 3 in a row.
The fact remains that Cassell was a very competent QB, never mind he was nobody the year before, neither was Brady before he took over for Bledsoe. Brady was a sixth round draft pick who no one ever heard of either.

Who cares if they didn't lose back to back games, they didn't win enough of them to make the post season when they went 11-5, of course I don't fault the Pats on that, the leagues at fault for that nonsense, but one more win gets them in.

You're missing the entire point of my original post, which is, any team that loses their starting QB is going to face challenges staying on top of their division and remaining competitive. The ones that will have a shot at staying in the run are the ones with solid defenses or decent back-up QB's. Dixon sucks and there is a gaping hole in the Steelers defense without Polamalu and they still managed to put 17 points on the board against a solid Baltimore defense and no Roethlisberger, not too shabby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football