U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM

2,379 posts, read 3,074,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
see ya chubby weis - i will miss the snot and corner mouth spit freezing as he stares mouth agape at another pathetic performance out of his "top 10" recruiting classes.........

ND plays a joke schedule and still can't get to 8-9 wins

the first thing they need to do is realize that they are nothing special - most of todays kids aren't coming up catholic, don't have any nostalgia to ND glory days, are used to seeing a different crop of top teams and with such extensive programming can still play on TV every weekend with many different programs

once that reality sets in they need to find their own pete carroll or nick saban - guys who straddle the line at traditional powers, but the boosters/alumni don't really care because they produce results

loosen the reigns a little bit, get some success against the top teams for a few years and then start to pull them back in a little
exactly, 8 of 12 at home and still 6-6. @ ND

remember the time they refused to go to a bowl game because it wasn't a high class enough standard for them? get over yourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 07:11 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,820,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Jon Gruden has been mentioned as well.
He would have to be an absolute moron to take the job. I mean, the guy won the Super Bowl. Going to Notre Dame would be a step down imo.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:12 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,870,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
exactly, 8 of 12 at home and still 6-6. @ ND

remember the time they refused to go to a bowl game because it wasn't a high class enough standard for them? get over yourselves.
Betcha they refuse an invite this year as well.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:14 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,389,367 times
I highly doubt it will drag out this long, but I hope they hire someone soon, that way when the Bears fire Lovie at the end of this season they won't have another local team competing for the people they are targeting.

Seriously, I ask you guys, would you want Charlie Weis as off coordinator for your NFL team? I'd take him on the Bears for sure, but we have been offensively inept for 50 years, so thats just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or