U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 02:14 PM

807 posts, read 2,826,462 times

Advertisements

A mind is a terrible thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 04:44 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,849 times
Looks like someone's meds are counterfeit!!! Damn internet pharmacies!!!

Old 12-29-2009, 06:05 PM

6,183 posts, read 4,988,239 times
These are some classics OP's brief posting history:

Quote:
Well today is the day before Christmas. I went into three business establishments in Orlando. One was a supermarket (Publix, on Michigan). The second one was the credit union where I have an account. The third was a Wendy's. In all three, when I left, the employees told me to "Have a Good One" rather than Merry Christmas or at least Happy Holidays. Is this what it has come down to? Is this just peculiar to Florida? Just curious. Oh, by the way, Merry Christmas to all.
I got a marry Christmas at target today. every other place just said happy holidays or have a good day.
Quote:
We are relocating from MN to CA! My hubby begins his job in two weeks near Sacramento. He has already found a great Realtor.

Just curious what the thoughts are on here about Roseville, Rocklin & surrounding areas. We will not go to Granite Bay, do not want my kids in the Granite Bay HS. I want opinions outside of the realtor. I'm sure my hubby will also get feedback from his new co-workers.

We want to down size a bit from our 3,000 sq. ft. house, and also would like a pool. Must have 3 car garage

I understand school districts go by address and the school district is our #1 priority. We want an area with a great community feel (I'm tired of living in snobville), friendly people, etc.

Also, any good apartments (areas) to look at for hubby, we will not move until our home sells - so he'll need a place to live during the interim.
Quote:
Some of my best students overseas were Americans.

This is in part an adverse selection problem. The average American college student is being compared to overseas students from the upper quartiles or decile. Apples and oranges.

Many of my students in Asia were mediocre and some quite awful. and of course, the top were excellent.

That said, higher ed has expanded too quickly in this world. Far too many have no business being in universit.
Quote:

I do general building repair for a hospital. There are three sounds that really drive me crazy. I literally get on edge when I hear these sounds. These sounds are the telephone ring, pager beeping, and the work request printer. The printer is better since they switched from the old dot matrix to the laser jet. The telephone is horrible because some guys listen to music and so turn up the volume of the telephone all the way up. I like peace and quiet and such a loud ring makes me jump. I hate the pager because it almost always means a nurse was too lazy to send a request. These are usually the ones who think everything is a STAT. I'm sorry, but one light bulb out of 15 to 20 at your desk is not a STAT. In my job, a STAT includes people trapped in an elevator, busted water pipe, fire alarm, patient without a working nurse call, isolation room not working properly, power outage, or even an over flowing toilet.I do general building repair for a hospital. There are three sounds that really drive me crazy. I literally get on edge when I hear these sounds. These sounds are the telephone ring, pager beeping, and the work request printer. The printer is better since they switched from the old dot matrix to the laser jet. The telephone is horrible because some guys listen to music and so turn up the volume of the telephone all the way up. I like peace and quiet and such a loud ring makes me jump. I hate the pager because it almost always means a nurse was too lazy to send a request. These are usually the ones who think everything is a STAT. I'm sorry, but one light bulb out of 15 to 20 at your desk is not a STAT. In my job, a STAT includes people trapped in an elevator, busted water pipe, fire alarm, patient without a working nurse call, isolation room not working properly, power outage, or even an over flowing toilet.
Besides having a large number of jobs, the OP seems to have lived all over as well. As Rick James said "Cocaine is a hell of a drug"

Old 12-30-2009, 10:31 AM

9,028 posts, read 16,426,519 times
and all of those are direct copies of posts made by others and posted as an independent thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:45 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,969,751 times
When In first saw this I thought of deleting it as off the scale IQ wise, but hey leave it on I say! I think all of us can use a good laugh!

Old 01-02-2010, 05:17 AM

744 posts, read 1,074,544 times
I am glad this was left up. It scares me though "They walk among us"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or