U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2009, 07:25 PM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,198,031 times
Reputation: 772

Advertisements

Found this on another site and thought it was quite funny...

Maybe Polian pulled the plug because he did'nt want to risk injury to his mouth and was resting it for the playoffs........LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2009, 09:20 PM
 
Location: Highland, CA (formerly Newark, NJ)
6,183 posts, read 5,019,186 times
Reputation: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
This guy's changed the orginization from the laughing stock of the league to one of its elite franchises. He doesn't owe these whiney fans crap.
Once again I reiterate this point ^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,348 posts, read 14,174,588 times
Reputation: 5973
According to this:

Fuming fans take questions to Polian on radio show | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Polian did not storm off, "punk out," nothing of the sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,675 posts, read 7,873,680 times
Reputation: 2333
That what I was saying in my post at the bottom of P.3. Seems like nobody reads the posts on here anymore. This is all blown out of proportion...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:14 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,198,031 times
Reputation: 772
Apperently the fans in INDY dont think so. Reading thier comments pretty much says it all on how they feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,348 posts, read 14,174,588 times
Reputation: 5973
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
That what I was saying in my post at the bottom of P.3. Seems like nobody reads the posts on here anymore. This is all blown out of proportion...
When you are dealing with blind haters, posting an article helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Apperently the fans in INDY dont think so. Reading thier comments pretty much says it all on how they feel.
The premise of your thread has been proved wrong. You are grabbing at straws at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:07 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,198,031 times
Reputation: 772
Again, for every report that says he did not leave early from furstration, there is one that says he did. Ironic that this hasnt ever happened before.... hmmm

Would you be happier if the Titles said Bill Polian is an arrogant as s hat who has no clue of what the fan base wants.

So let me get this right, he wants to hit goals that have never been done before like 23 consecutive wins and most wins in the decade because those are meaningful...but 19-0 has never been done. Last time I checked you have to go 16-0 before you go 19-0.

For the argument that if they win the SB all will be forgotten...will it really? I doubt it because then folks will say what if they wouldnt have thrown a game? hmmm a chance to be the only 19-0 team in NFL and we threw a game....and for what?

Last edited by Speedaddicted; 12-30-2009 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Englewood, Near Eastside Indy
8,348 posts, read 14,174,588 times
Reputation: 5973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Again, for every report that says he did not leave early from furstration, there is one that says he did. Ironic that this hasnt ever happened before.... hmmm
Kent Sterling vs some bloggers rushing to judgement. Whom, who to believe?

It is worth noting, that in this age of blogs and rushing to be first; conflicting reports happen more often than not, initially. Your assertion that this is a unique thing is false and exposes your blind hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Would you be happier if the Titles said Bill Polian is an arrogant as s hat who has no clue of what the fan base wants.
If GMs listened to fans, they would be unemployed. This is common knowledge. If Polian was factoring what the fan base wants in his decisions, he should not be a GM. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
So let me get this right, he wants to hit goals that have never been done before like 23 consecutive wins and most wins in the decade because those are meaningful...but 19-0 has never been done. Last time I checked you have to go 16-0 before you go 19-0.
The Colts have said, more than once, that going 16-0 is not important to them. Had the Colts been 13-1, Peyton still would have been peeved about being yanked in that situation. That is who Peyton is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
For the argument that if they win the SB all will be forgotten...will it really? I doubt it because then folks will say what if they wouldnt have thrown a game? hmmm a chance to be the only 19-0 team in NFL and we threw a game....and for what?
If the Colts win the Super Bowl; and that is a big IF, the only people who will remember the loss to the Jets are people such as yourself.


*********

And really, just remember this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Apperently the fans in INDY dont think so. Reading thier comments pretty much says it all on how they feel.
The premise of your thread has been proved wrong. You are grabbing at straws at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,198,031 times
Reputation: 772
Again since you may hail Kent Sterling as all this is truth in Indy you go right on ahead, doesnt change the fact that others have cast doubt in his reasoning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,847,824 times
Reputation: 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Again since you may hail Kent Sterling as all this is truth in Indy you go right on ahead, doesnt change the fact that others have cast doubt in his reasoning.
You're a Pats fan. Why does it matter to you if Polian is a jerk at times?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:37 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top