Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 03:44 PM

151 posts, read 132,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
In your opinion, the Bills play 4 home games in Toronto already? WTF are you talking about?
I had a typo.

I made this statement ""IMO, the Bills already play 4 out of their 8 home games in Toronto. I can see the Bills moving to Toronto permanently".

Suppose to be "IMO, the bills will play 4 out of their 8 games in Toronto. Also, I can see the Bills moving to Toronto permanently".

Last edited by anp83; 01-07-2010 at 03:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 04:51 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,613,086 times
With proper ownership, any NFL team would flourish in Los Angeles. Just market the team right, put up a decent competitive product, and the team would do very well.

A perfect example are the Lakers and Dodgers who draw as well or better then most teams in both those sports. Look at USC, they consistently sell out the Colisuem. Because they market their team well, and put up a good product. UCLA football, as they continue to get better, they too will sell out the Rose Bowl.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,377,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
With proper ownership, any NFL team would flourish in Los Angeles. Just market the team right, put up a decent competitive product, and the team would do very well.

A perfect example are the Lakers and Dodgers who draw as well or better then most teams in both those sports. Look at USC, they consistently sell out the Colisuem. Because they market their team well, and put up a good product. UCLA football, as they continue to get better, they too will sell out the Rose Bowl.
Yeah, the good thing about the Lakers is that every game is televised because they are always sold out.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:20 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,842,165 times
Yes, therein lies the problem...LA will only support teams that are bonified year after year winners. When Oakland and Rams were there, they didn't support those teams. Sure they want the Chargers now that they are Super Bowl contenders, who wouldn't??? If a "Jacksonville" type team comes in, it might take years to build a solid winning franchise . LA fans are very fair-weather, not like east coast fans that are die hard, loyal to their teams no matter what. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Old 01-08-2010, 11:24 AM

72 posts, read 100,844 times

It's a very impressive stadium plan. If they can get a team, I hope they go through with this.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:37 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,819,261 times
there is absolutely no question that when the next NFL moves or the league expands (whichever comes first) that Los Angeles will be getting that franchise. Nothing, but nothing, can prevent it; nobody is going to alter the map of the league in any other way before the nation's second largest city is returned to the NFL.

No owner making a move could fail to grasp at LA and nobody in the league wants to see any other city but LA playing football.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:41 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,990,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
there is absolutely no question that when the next NFL moves or the league expands (whichever comes first) that Los Angeles will be getting that franchise. Nothing, but nothing, can prevent it; nobody is going to alter the map of the league in any other way before the nation's second largest city is returned to the NFL.

No owner making a move could fail to grasp at LA and nobody in the league wants to see any other city but LA playing football.

I wouldnt say that there is absolutely no question about it. If an owner wants to move a current team or an owner buys a team and wants to move it somewhere else, they can as long as they have an appropriate plan that will be approved by the league and other owners.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:58 PM

11,231 posts, read 11,007,103 times
We all know talk is cheap in the corporate world, but I dont think the Bills are going anywhere per yesterdays column. Besides, they have too cool a city-team name. The Buffalo Bills. I don't think the Los Angeles Bills sounds too good.

Sen. Schumer: Bills not eyeing move to L.A. - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkCbiA7c6gNxYiLMSBmJWsxDubYF?slug=ap-bills-losangeles&prov=ap&type=lgns - broken link)

Oh, and here's another newsflash. The Seahawks just fired Mora. Since they are starting over in the HC catagory, maybe they should just relocate the whole team, too. Why not, the Supersonics said "see ya" last year.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:00 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,377,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Yes, therein lies the problem...LA will only support teams that are bonified year after year winners. When Oakland and Rams were there, they didn't support those teams. Sure they want the Chargers now that they are Super Bowl contenders, who wouldn't??? If a "Jacksonville" type team comes in, it might take years to build a solid winning franchise . LA fans are very fair-weather, not like east coast fans that are die hard, loyal to their teams no matter what. Guess we'll have to wait and see...
I don't understand your statement that Angelenos only want winning teams. Aside from the Lakers, the other pro sports teams have had lengthy periods of slumps [ie. Dodgers\ Angels\ Clippers\ Kings].

Old 01-08-2010, 04:16 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,884,588 times
I STILL say that if L.A. gets a team before San Antonio does, it won't last that long....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football