U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 04:18 AM

927 posts, read 1,209,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
San Antonio will NEVER have an NFL team.

Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans got that market locked down.
Never say never 4. San Antonio has a terrific chance of getting its own NFL team. It would be tremendously successful and would provide great rivalries with your Cowboys and Texans. Mark my words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,397,339 times
If they Destroy the Cowboys i am cool lol

Old 02-25-2010, 11:24 AM
Status: "Dow hits new high - over 27,000!" (set 13 hours ago)

46,853 posts, read 37,020,613 times
If any NFL team were to move, it should be the Jacksonville Jaguars. They seem to have too many problems financially and Los Angeles appears poised to bring the NFL back to the city, hopefully with the right ownership and direction. The stadium plan is very impressive, innovative, and different. I hope the Jags move. Then, we'll have to talk realignment of the divisions, but that's another thread.

This, I believe, is L.A.'s best opportunity to bring football back.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:44 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,012,483 times
Los Angeles will get the next NFL team from an existing team moving there. The NFL needs Los Angeles more then Los Angeles needs the NFL.

With that being said, most LA area residents would support a well run and marketed pro football team.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
San Antonio will NEVER have an NFL team.

Dallas Cowboys and Houston Texans got that market locked down.
Wrrrrrooong.

If Jacksonville, Florida can get a team (WITH two teams that have locked down the state already), then why can't San Antonio get one?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:01 AM

319 posts, read 553,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Wrrrrrooong.

If Jacksonville, Florida can get a team (WITH two teams that have locked down the state already), then why can't San Antonio get one?
Right, but now we're seeing that the NFL made a mistake by giving Jacksonville a franchise. I don't think the NFL would want to repeat that mistake again.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeeproud View Post
Right, but now we're seeing that the NFL made a mistake by giving Jacksonville a franchise. I don't think the NFL would want to repeat that mistake again.
Only because the NFL really, REALLY wants L.A. to have a franchise.

San Antonio's market may not be huge, but its still alot bigger than Northeast Florida. San Antonio is the 29th largest market, while J'ville is 42nd.

So it's not impossible to see an NFL team in San Antonio. But it probably wont happen. Even if L.A.'s NFL team leaves 15 years after it appears in the city....

Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Then, we'll have to talk realignment of the divisions, but that's another thread.

Yeah the divisions are messed up big time. the NFL should realign the divisions

Old 03-03-2010, 11:38 AM

95 posts, read 107,040 times
I have relatives in St. Catharines, Ontario right next door to Buffalo. They claim that the Bills would never make it in Toronto. I think its partly because most Canadians honestly don't understand or appreciate the sport. The CFL is kinda a joke, north of the border. They think the same of the NFL.
Hockey is Canada's favorite past-time and always will be. But I think the Bills would do alright in Torontooo... Die hard fans could still make it to games on occasion, even though it might be discouraging dealing with a 2-1/2 hour drive and customs at the border. However, the luke warm fans would probably never make that trip. But thats my opinion.
That said, I think they could make it in Toronto. The city is enormous and there's plenty of people from all over, living there. Similar comparison would be Washington D.C. I think Toronto's biggest appeal to the Bills, is the wealth of corporations there. They could easily sell plenty of box seats, following a strategy similar to the Maple Leafs (doesn't matter how bad they are, they still make money).
Personally, I want the Bills to stay in Buffalo, but long term I don't think its going to happen. There just aren't enough people or income in WNY anymore to support the team. And its to bad.

Last edited by laloesch; 03-03-2010 at 11:59 AM..

Old 03-03-2010, 02:01 PM

that's what i've been saying. None of this international crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or