Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 04:26 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times

Advertisements

Well, I am heading to Miami for the Superbowl this year. I am familiar with SoBe but are there any venues or attractions that are unique to the SB that are can't miss?
Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 01:16 AM

2,654 posts, read 5,463,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Well, I am heading to Miami for the Superbowl this year. I am familiar with SoBe but are there any venues or attractions that are unique to the SB that are can't miss?
Thanks for the input!
I went to the last San Diego Super Bowl. If Miami does what SD did, there will parties all over town the week before with players and celebs of all stripes there. I'm sure a place like SoBe will be rocking hard all week. Do what you can to get a pass to some of these. Also, if you can swing it, splurge on a nicer hotel. We ran into Mike Piazza and about a dozen other MLB players in the lobby of the 4 star La Jolla Hyatt on game day.

Plan on getting to the game waaaaayyy early. Try to arrange for a ride, don't try to go in a car. hire a cab or limo. Security is a pain, plus there were tons of events going on at the stadium you can try to check out. I was able to swing a pass to the 'official' broadcasted pre game concert/party. Saw a bunch of celebs there as well and saw the goo goo dolls and reba mcintyre preform in a very intimate setting.

The super bowl is a great spectacle and even greater people watching. Go and enjoy it just for that. The game is almost gravy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football