U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:19 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,242,538 times

Advertisements

But he is obviously one of the best QBs to have ever played the game. I can't deny that. 40 years old, and playing like he is. Geez!

Hall of Fame all the way.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:45 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,155,935 times
pretty awesome if ya ask me.

I"m hoping he retires [and stays retired] while 'still on top' ... some friends of mine [from Wisc] thinks he's an ego-maniac and wont retire.

guess time will tell. He's got a great team ... guess we shall see what next week brings.

gotta say... I'm happy for him.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:52 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,064,600 times
The thing I don't like about Farve, is that he only has so many records, because he played so long.

Granted, he is a good Quaterback, but is he the best QB of all time, far from it. When he won, he was linked up with good all around teams. I've seen other QB's win with far less weapons than he had/has.

I know some Vikings fans, who believe that the only reason their team is in the playoffs this year, is Farve. They seem to forget that they were in the play offs last year, without him.

Personally, I think you give Manning, Brady, Rivers, or a few others the team that Farve has there, and they'd be winning more games then Farve does.

All that said, he is a hall of fame QB. I just don't think he deserves the hype he seems to get.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:53 PM

2,105 posts, read 1,196,037 times
It's kind of surreal having him here in MN. I didn''t have much love for him through the years, what with the border rivalry we have had here for nearly as long as I can remember, so it feels awkward. Still not sure how to react, although I would be lying if I said I disapponted with his performance. Far from it.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:56 PM

11,856 posts, read 15,508,506 times
He's a competitor and a damn great one and that's what counts. Is he in the league of a Joe Montana? No. But he is in a league all by himself, and that is awesome.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:22 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,432,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The thing I don't like about Farve, is that he only has so many records, because he played so long.

Granted, he is a good Quaterback, but is he the best QB of all time, far from it. When he won, he was linked up with good all around teams. I've seen other QB's win with far less weapons than he had/has.

I know some Vikings fans, who believe that the only reason their team is in the playoffs this year, is Farve. They seem to forget that they were in the play offs last year, without him.

Personally, I think you give Manning, Brady, Rivers, or a few others the team that Farve has there, and they'd be winning more games then Farve does.

All that said, he is a hall of fame QB. I just don't think he deserves the hype he seems to get.
It could be argued that Brady wouldn't have done as much without having the steady, solid running game and tough defense. It can be argued that Manning's numbers are what they are because the Colts have been an intensely pass focused team since he arrived. It could be said that Joe Montana got his numbers by having the greatest wide receiver of all time on his team most of his career along with a great line.

Point is, any quarterback who gets good numbers usually has a good supporting cast, otherwise it wouldn't happen. To say Favre has unevenly benefited from being surrounded by great players is quiet a stretch, especially when you throw Brady's name out there. Look at his performance this year when the running game was a little weaker and the defense not quiet as tough. Still good, but nothing like 2 years ago when all the pieces of the puzzle came together.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:07 PM

638 posts, read 1,026,551 times
I'm a New York boy who has been a Viking fan since I was a little kid. When they signed Favre, I was totally against it but went with it and rooted for him because they are still my team. This guy has been everything they hoped and MORE!!! He singlehandedly, READ MY LIPS, singlehandedly, helped Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin grow into the top echelon NFL caliber wide receivers they have become. Even if they don't win the Super Bowl, and he doesn't come back next year, this Viking fan thanks you Brett for leaving us with a CONFIDENT Sidney Rice and Percy Harvin who now believe in themselves!!! Skol Vikings!!!

Old 01-17-2010, 04:43 PM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,363 times
Favre SUCKS...........I hate him!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:48 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,879,146 times
He is a drama queen, but certainly doesn't suck.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:59 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,432,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Favre SUCKS...........I hate him!
134.4 qb rating today, 4 TDs and ZERO ints. I'm sure you do hate him because he made a fool out of you and your int thread, while your beloved Brady choked at home against the lowly Ravens who Indy easily beat.

Your obvious pain is funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football