U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
 
9,807 posts, read 5,431,538 times
Reputation: 8127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Who's bashing Peyton Manning?
Peyton Manning will be playing in the Super bowl next Sunday.
Brett Favre will not.

 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 PM
 
40,871 posts, read 42,364,466 times
Reputation: 12253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
yeah, the sideline had a svengali like effect on his arm to make that poor cross-the-body throw right to the Saints player.

brett favre: knocking the Vikings out of the playoffs, priceless.

No it took them out of field goal range by the penalty of 12 men on the field in regualtion play. It would have been over with. An incompltee pass would have left them in the same fieldl position and if they had called a run play from the sidelines maybe closer. Coaching brain fart. But my guess is they did trust Peterson enough to give it to their main running threat.Another brain farct;you use what got you there.
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,073 posts, read 7,763,389 times
Reputation: 2297
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No it took them out of field goal range by the penalty of 12 men on the field in regualtion play. It would have been over with. An incompltee pass would have left them in the same fieldl position and if they had called a run play from the sidelines maybe closer. Coaching brain fart. But my guess is they did trust Peterson enough to give it to their main running threat.Another brain farct;you use what got you there.
The 12 man penalty took them out of range but a SEASONED and supposedly intelligent veteran like Favre should have been smart enough not to throw such an errant pass.I guess in crunch time,maybe Favre is not the man!
 
Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 PM
 
2,222 posts, read 2,036,470 times
Reputation: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Peyton Manning will be playing in the Super bowl next Sunday.
Brett Favre will not.

SO what does that mean? Trent Dilfer played in and won a superbowl too.
 
Old 01-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Status: "mit keinem Hang zur Perfektion" (set 12 days ago)
 
2,030 posts, read 1,690,503 times
Reputation: 2076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
SO what does that mean? Trent Dilfer played in and won a superbowl too.
obviously that Trent Dilfer is a good a QB as Brett L. Favre.

I mean, Bretty boy couldn't even kick baby-Eli-Mannings a$$ when he had the chance. You think he'd take out Peyton?
 
Old 01-31-2010, 11:08 PM
 
Location: Naptowne, Alaska
14,733 posts, read 23,922,831 times
Reputation: 12680
They shoulda had Brett playing the Pro-Bowl. Romo didn't do so well.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 AM
 
2,222 posts, read 2,036,470 times
Reputation: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
obviously that Trent Dilfer is a good a QB as Brett L. Favre.

I mean, Bretty boy couldn't even kick baby-Eli-Mannings a$$ when he had the chance. You think he'd take out Peyton?
And considering Dilfer as as many SB wins as Peyton he's his equal too???

I didnt know they were playing 1 on 1.... thats news to me.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,073 posts, read 7,763,389 times
Reputation: 2297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
And considering Dilfer as as many SB wins as Peyton he's his equal too???

I didnt know they were playing 1 on 1.... thats news to me.
Well it just goes to show that the real QB's and teams step up for the big games.
 
Old 02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
 
2,222 posts, read 2,036,470 times
Reputation: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Well it just goes to show that the real QB's and teams step up for the big games.

Well then since Peyton is average in "BIG GAMES" (8-8) in playoffs, I guess he's average then?
 
Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,073 posts, read 7,763,389 times
Reputation: 2297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Well then since Peyton is average in "BIG GAMES" (8-8) in playoffs, I guess he's average then?
Never said average,just not a prime time player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top