U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 09:39 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,524,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I just watched both passes and Favre's was definitely dumber!! Favre had a few yards he could have run to set up Longwell.
OK, I surrender...as it doesnt really matter now. The same guy who caught the "dumb" interception by Farvre, caught the "Smart interception" of Manning. Fine, what ever. N.O. is the champ for at least another 11.5 months whatever happened.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:39 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,182,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I just watched both passes and Favre's was definitely dumber!! Favre had a few yards he could have run to set up Longwell.
See that's the whole point.Interceptions are inevitable. Every QB will throw them. Some will be tipped passes or defensive players who out maneuvered their offensive counterparts.The biggest issue is that the pass thrown by Favre was a mistake usually reserved for inexperienced rookie QB's.The pass was horrible.It showed his poor judgement during crunch time. A real QB would have thrown it out of bounds or in the dirt. I hope everyone knows that he just came back for personal records. He's just trying to add to his numbers so he can be mentioned in the top ten if ever asked.Not that impressive when you consider some of the role players he had.My boy Marino was much better without the supporting cast!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,341,610 times
Straight up I'm a saints fan, and brees is w/out a doubt my favorite player in the nfl, but brett farve is a heroe to, he took a heck of a whippin in that saints/viking game and I'll guarentee he wanted that game worse than anyone. The vikings wouldn't have been there without him & it hurt him bad to lose, but he damn sure had enough sportsmanship to go across the field crashing threw the crowd of players and congadulate drew brees on a good game, that's called sportsmanship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football