U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 09:39 PM

556 posts, read 1,392,595 times

Advertisements

Lol at the people blaming Brett on the loss. He was probably the best Vikings player tonight. Percy Harvin played like an elementary school rookie. The whole team played horribly. The fact that they even stayed in contention was a miracle. Saints defense just did what they had to do, they manned up tonight. The fact that they didn't sack Brett is amazing, any less of a player would have gotten sacked multiple times.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,464,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I hope he plays again next season.
He will.

After he announces his retirement and then changes his mind about 10 times.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 PM

2,372 posts, read 3,060,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wGoshen View Post
Lol at the people blaming Brett on the loss. He was probably the best Vikings player tonight. Percy Harvin played like an elementary school rookie. The whole team played horribly. The fact that they even stayed in contention was a miracle. Saints defense just did what they had to do, they manned up tonight. The fact that they didn't sack Brett is amazing, any less of a player would have gotten sacked multiple times.
it's never brett's fault, never.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:46 PM

3,436 posts, read 5,785,792 times
Quote:

I guess if Prince had made a "fight song" like he did for the Vikes, I would have been tempted to roll over after hearing it myself...

Old 01-24-2010, 11:07 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,189,941 times
Quote:
Saints defense? They gave up over 400 yards and still won. Favre made a few rookie mistakes like forcing the throw instead of throwing it away. The 12 man penalty was the nail in the coffin though.I just don't like him because he doesn't always show proper loyalty and he shuts it down when necessary instead of always giving the 110%. Now he can go hibernate.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:15 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,693,841 times
I don't hate Bret. He's still a very good quarterback. What I hate is "retirement, I'm back, retirement, I'm back". I hated it when Jordan did that garbage and I hate it with Bret doing that garbage. Bret, do yourself and your family a favor. Retire while you can still walk and enjoy time with your family. Tormorrow morning you're going to feel everyone of your 40 years and then some. I'm 40 years old and you look a decade or two older than me. Come game day you can still play but how do you feel the morning after the game? That's why Betis retired. He said every Monday morning it got harder and harder to get up and move. Look at some of the former NFL players who can barely walk after all those injuries and surgeries. Do you want to end up like them? Retire and convert your experience into a TV commentator or quarterback coaching or some other related field job. You'd still be in the game, just not on the field getting hit. No, it won't be the same but you'll be able to walk the next day.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:32 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,189,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I don't hate Bret. He's still a very good quarterback. What I hate is "retirement, I'm back, retirement, I'm back". I hated it when Jordan did that garbage and I hate it with Bret doing that garbage. Bret, do yourself and your family a favor. Retire while you can still walk and enjoy time with your family. Tormorrow morning you're going to feel everyone of your 40 years and then some. I'm 40 years old and you look a decade or two older than me. Come game day you can still play but how do you feel the morning after the game? That's why Betis retired. He said every Monday morning it got harder and harder to get up and move. Look at some of the former NFL players who can barely walk after all those injuries and surgeries. Do you want to end up like them? Retire and convert your experience into a TV commentator or quarterback coaching or some other related field job. You'd still be in the game, just not on the field getting hit. No, it won't be the same but you'll be able to walk the next day.
At least when Jordan retired,he really left.Favre retired so he could upgrade his team and not have to go to training camp and all without missing a regular season game.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:40 PM

14,095 posts, read 23,693,841 times
I'd rather see a great player leave the game forever while still playing great than to hang onto the game until he gets so bad that no one will sign him anymore. When a player gets to that point, the last memory fans will have of him is his poor play of the game. When the Saints had Coach Bum Phillips, we were treated to hall of fame players playing past their prime when he brought over some of his favorite Houston Oiler players to play for the Saints. They still had some play in them, but they were at best second or third string quality by that time.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 AM

2,275 posts, read 3,173,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Thank you. No one's denying Farve's accomplishments: There's no doubt he was--and still is--a great quarterback. Making retirement announcements, when he most likely wanted to play all along was what annoyed people. Favre may seem to get away with this, but if Vick, Brady or others did the same, they would be despised--despite their talent levels. If a player isn't ready to quit, s/he should just admit it and keep playing. That player may be stubborn, but not a hypocrite.

On a side note, I predict Favre will retire at least once this off-season....

Old 01-25-2010, 03:53 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,243,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Brett? Butterfinger Peterson cost the Vikings the championship.

How did Peterson cost the Vikings the championship? I didn't see the whole game but Peterson had THREE TDs and zero fumbles according to the box score for the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football