U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:38 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 23,197,982 times
Reputation: 3889

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah .

Dude this is football, players get knocked around.
Dude - refs are supposed to keep a quarterback from being drilled 2 seconds after he has passed the ball.


Oh well. Indianapolis is going to completely annihilate the Aints. The Aints aren't going to have 14 players on the field during the Super Bowl.

 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,372 posts, read 3,062,721 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
At least when Jordan retired,he really left.Favre retired so he could upgrade his team and not have to go to training camp and all without missing a regular season game.
exactly, he always wanted to go to Minn. the Jets were just a go between, in fact he told the Jets to just release him b/c he was retired and then he goes and signs with the Vikings (after training camp breaks, just didn't want to spend 2 weeks in a dorm) when the Jets should've still gotten something for him.

the only person BF cares about is BF




Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Saints defense? They gave up over 400 yards and still won. Favre made a few rookie mistakes like forcing the throw instead of throwing it away. The 12 man penalty was the nail in the coffin though.I just don't like him because he doesn't always show proper loyalty and he shuts it down when necessary instead of always giving the 110%. Now he can go hibernate.
the largest differential for a losing team last night, Minn. outgained the Saints by over 200 yards but still choked.
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:40 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 23,197,982 times
Reputation: 3889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
No, not a refs problem, you are allowed to hit the QB with in the rules and they hit him within the rules. Better pass protection would have been nice. We lost for the simple reason that we gave the ball back to the other team, when it wasnt there turn to have the ball. We lost because our QB would not run for 10 yards in an open field. Remember John Elways helicopter move? That type of run wins championships. We lost because we called heads, we lost because of pass interference we lost because......on and on and on, but the refs called a good game I thought.
The Vikings had pass protection. Favre wasn't sacked one single time all game long.

Check the rules. It is clearly against the rules to come in, put the helmet to the chin, and drill the quarter back from 5 yards away, 2 seconds after he has passed the ball.


Basically, we lost because of Butterfingers Peterson - who has been absolutely dismal in the second half of the season - and because the Aints had 14 players on the field, 3 of whom were wearing striped shirts.
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:45 AM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,621,905 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
How did Peterson cost the Vikings the championship? I didn't see the whole game but Peterson had THREE TDs and zero fumbles according to the box score for the game.
Vikings turned the ball over I believe it was 7 times. 3 Were fumbles by Peterson 1 By Harvin, 1 By Berrian
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:47 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 23,197,982 times
Reputation: 3889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Vikings turned the ball over I believe it was 7 times. 3 Were fumbles by Peterson 1 By Harvin, 1 By Berrian
Exactly. The worst thing about their fumbles is that they cost the Vikings dearly. One was on the Aints 7-yard line, and one led to the Aints being on the Vikings 5-yard line.


Without the turnovers, it would have been a 49-14 Vikings win - even with the refs playing for the Aints.
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:48 AM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,621,905 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
exactly, he always wanted to go to Minn. the Jets were just a go between, in fact he told the Jets to just release him b/c he was retired and then he goes and signs with the Vikings (after training camp breaks, just didn't want to spend 2 weeks in a dorm) when the Jets should've still gotten something for him.

the only person BF cares about is BF





the largest differential for a losing team last night, Minn. outgained the Saints by over 200 yards but still choked.
Thank the Refs

Did Officials Bungle the End Game for Vikings?

Did Officials Bungle the End Game for Vikings? - The Fifth Down Blog - NYTimes.com
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:50 AM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,476,211 times
Reputation: 8164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
The Vikings had pass protection. Favre wasn't sacked one single time all game long.

Check the rules. It is clearly against the rules to come in, put the helmet to the chin, and drill the quarter back from 5 yards away, 2 seconds after he has passed the ball.


Basically, we lost because of Butterfingers Peterson - who has been absolutely dismal in the second half of the season - and because the Aints had 14 players on the field, 3 of whom were wearing striped shirts.

In your last sentence, you failed to mention Favre's interception that killed the winning field goal.

Why did you--forget-- to mention that ?
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:50 AM
 
Location: South Fla
9,644 posts, read 8,621,905 times
Reputation: 1942
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Exactly. The worst thing about their fumbles is that they cost the Vikings dearly. One was on the Aints 7-yard line, and one led to the Aints being on the Vikings 5-yard line.


Without the turnovers, it would have been a 49-14 Vikings win - even with the refs playing for the Aints.
I agree not so sure about that score but the ref won that game for the Saints.

They shouldnt have had the ball when they scored that FG
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
 
Location: I think my user name clarifies that.
8,293 posts, read 23,197,982 times
Reputation: 3889
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
In your last sentence, you failed to mention Favre's interception that killed the winning field goal.

Why did you--forget-- to mention that ?
I didn't forget. It was irrelevant.

Stupid coaching move, stupid Favre pass, yes.

But had Butterfingers Peterson not fumbled 3 times - as he always does - it would have been a 42-14 game at that point, and the last minute of the game would have been irrelevant.
 
Old 01-25-2010, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,372 posts, read 3,062,721 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
In your last sentence, you failed to mention Favre's interception that killed the winning field goal.

Why did you--forget-- to mention that ?

because it's never brett's fault!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top