U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2010, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,178,373 times
Reputation: 2488

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Mark my words - He'll be back in Purple & Gold in 2010. Only Question is when he'll decide to come back. Before or after 5/1/10.
Maybe he'll do what he has done in the past and wait till they promise the starting job to someone else and then return.Every backup loves that. Just ask Aaron Rodgers.

 
Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,742,687 times
Reputation: 2806
The Vikings wont put up with a wait on a decision. Rumor has it that they are prepared to pursue Donavon McNabb. I have a feeling Brett is done. That beating he took on Sunday is going to be with him for awhile.
 
Old 01-26-2010, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,137,179 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Maybe he'll do what he has done in the past and wait till they promise the starting job to someone else and then return.Every backup loves that. Just ask Aaron Rodgers.
It would have been sweet poetic justice had Aaron Rodgers put up Pro Bowl numbers in his contract year and then refused to sign with the team.
 
Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 AM
 
9,807 posts, read 13,447,720 times
Reputation: 8158
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The Vikings wont put up with a wait on a decision. Rumor has it that they are prepared to pursue Donavon McNabb. I have a feeling Brett is done. That beating he took on Sunday is going to be with him for awhile.

-------" The Vikings won't put up with a wait on a decision"---

Baloney !

They said the same thing last summer. A deadline was set prior to training camp. Minneapolis TV sports reporers interviewed players on the first day of training camp. They interviewed coach Childress.

All of thems aid the same---------" don't bring up Favre's name. Today we start training camp with the players we got and if Favre isn't here, he will not be part of our team this season. End of discussion"---

Yup, big mouth Jared Allen was one of the most vocal stating if Favre is not there at the start of training camp, Favre is not welcome later.

Yet, when training camp ended, Childress,Jared Allen and the team were wetting their pants in glee that Favre was going to show up.

Why should 2010 be any different than 2009?
 
Old 01-26-2010, 10:12 AM
 
664 posts, read 1,753,671 times
Reputation: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
He will make his 10th ( and final ) decision around the middle of August.

Can't milk enough money out of the Vikings if he makes his final decision May 1st.
Yeah, but honestly his "milking it" as you called it helps the Vikings sell merchandise, as does in general having him on the team. For crying out loud the mans jersey hit the top ten selling jerseys and it came on the market Waaayy late than the others. I know he's drama and all that but in the end he is good financially for the Vikes. I can't find the article right now but there was one about how much more products the Vikes sold this year compared to others, everything from mugs, jerseys, heck I even got a Vikings stocking for Xmas this year. Soooo I hope he comes back next year, not only is it great for the Vikings but that man makes football more fun to watch and that is a fact not an opinion.
 
Old 01-26-2010, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,742,687 times
Reputation: 2806
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
-------" The Vikings won't put up with a wait on a decision"---

Baloney !

They said the same thing last summer. A deadline was set prior to training camp. Minneapolis TV sports reporers interviewed players on the first day of training camp. They interviewed coach Childress.

All of thems aid the same---------" don't bring up Favre's name. Today we start training camp with the players we got and if Favre isn't here, he will not be part of our team this season. End of discussion"---

Yup, big mouth Jared Allen was one of the most vocal stating if Favre is not there at the start of training camp, Favre is not welcome later.

Yet, when training camp ended, Childress,Jared Allen and the team were wetting their pants in glee that Favre was going to show up.

Why should 2010 be any different than 2009?

As I said in my post that you replied to, they are rumored to be interested in acquiring Donavon McNabb. If McNabb is on the trade block, they have to act sooner rather than later. The Vikings arent making a playoff run with Tavaris Jackson and they know that. If Brett isnt coming back, they need to take action immediately.

So, what makes this year different than 2009 is that they know they have a Super Bowl caliber team and there is at least one quality quarterback possibly available via trade.

Dont get me wrong, I want to be wrong and the Vikings get screwed over by Brett. But, I dont think the Vikings are that stupid as much as I would like them to be.
 
Old 01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Long Island,New York
8,163 posts, read 13,178,373 times
Reputation: 2488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
It would have been sweet poetic justice had Aaron Rodgers put up Pro Bowl numbers in his contract year and then refused to sign with the team.
100 % agree.I would have also liked to see Green Bay knock out Minnesota in a playoff game with Rodgers at the helm vs Brett.
 
Old 01-26-2010, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,137,179 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000Lakes View Post
that man makes football more fun to watch and that is a fact not an opinion.
Yeah, if you're a fan of the other team.
 
Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
13,925 posts, read 19,137,179 times
Reputation: 9155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
100 % agree.I would have also liked to see Green Bay knock out Minnesota in a playoff game with Rodgers at the helm vs Brett.
That would have been sweet.
 
Old 01-26-2010, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Redneckville, NJ
6,777 posts, read 10,171,524 times
Reputation: 3320
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The Vikings wont put up with a wait on a decision. Rumor has it that they are prepared to pursue Donavon McNabb. I have a feeling Brett is done. That beating he took on Sunday is going to be with him for awhile.
Take Donovan please!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top