U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:03 PM

664 posts, read 1,182,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Take Donovan please!!!!!!
Vikings fan here!! I like Mcnabb. If Brett doesn't come back then the Vikes need a QB for sure. Sage and Tavaris are no good (no offense if anyone likes them).....

Old 01-26-2010, 01:10 PM

5,740 posts, read 6,112,249 times
Any Eagles fan that wants McNabb gone is foolish. Many teams in the NFL would love to have a QB of that caliber. He is a franchise QB. Philly sports fans act like spoiled children.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:37 PM

8,126 posts, read 8,164,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Any Eagles fan that wants McNabb gone is foolish. Many teams in the NFL would love to have a QB of that caliber. He is a franchise QB. Philly sports fans act like spoiled children.
Eagles have alot of options at QB including Vick.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,113,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post

LMAO.. yeah thats solid! Better yet let Kold play instead.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
100 % agree.I would have also liked to see Green Bay knock out Minnesota in a playoff game with Rodgers at the helm vs Brett.

Didnt they have two cracks at him this year..... yeah how did that work out for them?

Old 01-26-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Michael Vick is a horrible QB. He is by far the most overrated player in the history of sports. He played for 7 years and only had three 300 yard games. His career average yardage is like 160 per game. That's pathetic.

Yes, he can run the ball and is a good athlete but QB is not the position where he needs to be. I was shocked when the Eagles signed him to be a QB. He needs to be a utility player.

I am all for Vick staying as the Eagles started. That means I wont have to worry about the Eagles being a threat anymore.

Kolb might be an option but is unproven. Why trade-in a quality, proven QB for an unproven QB?

Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Didnt they have two cracks at him this year..... yeah how did that work out for them?

It is hard to beat a team three times in one season. On top of that, the Packers team of the second half of the season was far better than the Packers of the first half of the season when they played the Vikings.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Well it ended up the same for both teams. Neither going to the super bowl and green bay gets a better pick.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Michael Vick is a horrible QB. He is by far the most overrated player in the history of sports. He played for 7 years and only had three 300 yard games. His career average yardage is like 160 per game. That's pathetic.

Yes, he can run the ball and is a good athlete but QB is not the position where he needs to be. I was shocked when the Eagles signed him to be a QB. He needs to be a utility player.

I am all for Vick staying as the Eagles started. That means I wont have to worry about the Eagles being a threat anymore.

Kolb might be an option but is unproven. Why trade-in a quality, proven QB for an unproven QB?
Word is that Kolb might be given that chance.As far as Vick goes he's a typical running QB who runs first. Maturity will make him more of a passer.Most overrated in the history of sports? A little far fetched,don't you think? I personally think he is a piece of sh--,but the fact is that during the one playoff game he looked good and with a full training camp,he can be a solid QB for the right team.By the way,why would you be surprised that the Eagles signed him? They are known for another running QB. Ever heard of Randall Cunningham?Maybe they were looking to return to those days.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Well it ended up the same for both teams. Neither going to the super bowl and green bay gets a better pick.
Yeah I'm sure that makes packer fans feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football