Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 03:58 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I suppose you couldn't find the Eagles thread. Anyway, I guess I'm spoiled then. If that's your opinion that's fine. Don't act as if I'm the only Eagles fan calling for change.

You know what I'm sick of? I'm sick of being in the hunt every season, just to choke in the end. I'm sick of getting my hopes up just to be crushed. I live in NJ and am constantly surrounded by Giants and Cowgirls fans. Sick of hearing them heckle about the Eagles never winning a SB. McNabb has proven over and over again that he cannot compete in the "big" games. He's 1-4 in NFC Championship games. It's the same thing over and over like Groundhog Day. This is not working, let's try something else. I'd rather go back to the drawing board and spend a few seasons at 7-9 or 6-10 in order to get a championship in the end.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
As a bronco fan from 1987 to 1998, I was in the same place, always in the hunt, and greatley disapointed in 3 Superbowls. WE had a pretty good QB name Elway, but we could never get over the hump. Well, it turns out, we just needed a great running back to set up the pass. Or great passing to set up the Run, as in Terrel Davises case. Elway was starting to look a little tired, but he Bronco fans had faith and they won back to back Superbowls. Donavan is a awesom QB, its other peices that need to change.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,929,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
As a bronco fan from 1987 to 1998, I was in the same place, always in the hunt, and greatley disapointed in 3 Superbowls. WE had a pretty good QB name Elway, but we could never get over the hump. Well, it turns out, we just needed a great running back to set up the pass. Or great passing to set up the Run, as in Terrel Davises case. Elway was starting to look a little tired, but he Bronco fans had faith and they won back to back Superbowls. Donavan is a awesom QB, its other peices that need to change.
Maybe so, or maybe not. Who knows for sure really? Your points however, are most valid. But I personally have felt that same way for the last five or six seasons. It's getting old now.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:09 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Maybe so, or maybe not. Who knows for sure really? Your points however, are most valid. But I personally have felt that same way for the last five or six seasons. It's getting old now.
LMAO, funny you should mention that. When I started my Broncomania addiction (1987) I just finished High-school, and weighed 118 pounds, no wrinkles, and long hair. By the time Elway and CO won that first Superbowl, I was in middle management with my company, I wieghed205 pounds, missing some hair, (and amassed hair in odd places ) and married to my 2nd wife. So just hang in there. Even the JETS almost did the impossible this year.

On the other hand, by the next time the Orange and Blue from Denver win another SB, I might have grand-kids in College.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:29 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
LMAO, funny you should mention that. When I started my Broncomania addiction (1987) I just finished High-school, and weighed 118 pounds, no wrinkles, and long hair. By the time Elway and CO won that first Superbowl, I was in middle management with my company, I wieghed205 pounds, missing some hair, (and amassed hair in odd places ) and married to my 2nd wife. So just hang in there. Even the JETS almost did the impossible this year.

On the other hand, by the next time the Orange and Blue from Denver win another SB, I might have grand-kids in College.
I wouldn't worry too much. Josh McDaniels will have this team competing for a Super Bowl within the next couple years.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:35 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,137,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. Josh McDaniels will have this team competing for a Super Bowl within the next couple years.
I got to say to all the Denver fans that I was really surprised they went as far as they did with a scrub QB.If they had someone decent in the drivers seat,they could turn some heads.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:03 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,054,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I got to say to all the Denver fans that I was really surprised they went as far as they did with a scrub QB.If they had someone decent in the drivers seat,they could turn some heads.
Orton is far from a scrub. He was getting some pretty serious Heisman talk during his senior year before some injuries and somewhat average play ended that. He then went to Chicago and compiled a very impressive record despite the fact that Lovie Smith was intent on starting Rex Grossman even when Orton was clearly out playing him.

All in all he's an extremely smart quarterback with more than enough physical talent, and now he's being groomed by the guy who made Brady and Cassel who also happens to run an offense very similar to what he ran in college.

It'll be interesting to see how he progresses this year.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,137,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Orton is far from a scrub. He was getting some pretty serious Heisman talk during his senior year before some injuries and somewhat average play ended that. He then went to Chicago and compiled a very impressive record despite the fact that Lovie Smith was intent on starting Rex Grossman even when Orton was clearly out playing him.

All in all he's an extremely smart quarterback with more than enough physical talent, and now he's being groomed by the guy who made Brady and Cassel who also happens to run an offense very similar to what he ran in college.

It'll be interesting to see how he progresses this year.
Being good in college does not make you an NFL QB.Chicago was a solid team and Rex was horrible.Unfortunately Orton wasn't much beter and couldn't shake injuries.There are enough guys in the league that can easily step in and be an upgrade for the Broncos.Even Pennington would be an upgrade,which does make Orton a scrub.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,076,380 times
Let's get this thread back to the bashing of one the most overrated QB's in NFL history.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:15 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,181,020 times
Quote:

apples to oranges

When the Vikings played in their first Superbowl ( 1970) I was 24 years old.

I am now 64 and the Vikings have lost 4 Superbowls and " blew" their chance of even getting to the Superbowl this year.

Turns out Brett Favre wasn't the " silver bullet" that the media predicted and the fans thought.

Oh well, maybe next year,or the next,or the next, or the next.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:24 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,844,406 times
when BF does go into the Hall of Fame, will he go in as a Packer or Viking? Wonder how the people of GB will feel about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.