U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 11:35 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,180,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I watched the entire game and never saw anything you mention. Every time he got hit, it was almost instantly after releasing the ball.

If you want to prove yourself by providing video, I would be happy to watch it.

Those officials called a good game and if those were cheap shots, they would have called some of them.
Apparently you were watching a different game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 11:36 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,750,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Yeah. I really don't anticipate it being a very interesting Super Bowl.

The Aints will be down by 3 touchdowns before half-time, and the second half will be little more than time management by the Colts.

If you think the Colts are that much better than the Saints, you are out of your mind. This is probably the best Super Bowl matchup we have seen in years. I expect it to be tightly contested with the Colts pulling away in the fourth quarter for the win.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:37 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,366,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Better than hearing about Favre for the next two weeks...
Oh my yes, this.

The most annoying media matchup would have been Jets vs Minny. Not only all the Favre talk, but having to listen to Rex Ryan beat his chest about how great he is for two weeks would have been rough. This is the most tolerable matchup imo.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:42 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,180,204 times
Quote:
If you think the Colts are that much better than the Saints, you are out of your mind. This is probably the best Super Bowl matchup we have seen in years. I expect it to be tightly contested with the Colts pulling away in the fourth quarter for the win.
We'll see.

The Aints don't have a defensive line that can sack a QB - and if the refs are actually watching, they'll throw the flag with those wussy lineman drill Manning 3 seconds after he passes the ball.

The Aints don't have a good pass defense. Manning is going to destroy them.

So even if - and that's a big if - the Aints can muster up 28 points, the Colts will double it.

It won't be much of a Super Bowl. Everything but the wiping will be done by half-time.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:04 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,464,035 times
I don't think the Saints can count on Manning throwing a stupid interception while the Colts are in field goal range to win the game.

Manning is the NFL MVP and won't make a mistake that stupid.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:11 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,431,023 times
Quote:
I suggest you read a rule book. Every single one of those hits were legal. Most of the time, he was getting hit as he threw or a split second within the pass being released. The Minnesota O-Line should of provided better protection.

The one roughing the passer call that was made against the Saints was a bad call even.
I totally disagree with all of that and totally agree with all that Omaha said. In fact, I gave him 5 rep points for his prior post. Well done, Omaha.

Bret Favre was picked up and got pile-drived into the turf. Penalty. Then he was hit high/low just like Carson Palmer and Brady and got no penalty called. That cheap shot he took on the 2nd drive should have clued him in on what he'd be facing all day long. They could have thrown more penalties and the Saints would have kept coming after Favre. They tried to bust his leg. That's pretty sick.

Let's just see if that garbage works with Peyton Manning and crew. I'll bet Cut-That-Meat scortches the Aint's pass-rush with a 75% completion rate.

Go Colts.

Quote:
If you want to prove yourself by providing video, I would be happy to watch it.
Oh, and what about the refs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xREpG3a44

So with all the cheap shots and at least 3 or 4 bad calls by the officials down the stretch, it just ruined an otherwise exciting game that could have gone either way to the end anyway... despite all the Vikings miscues.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-25-2010 at 12:29 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 12:15 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,750,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I don't think the Saints can count on Manning throwing a stupid interception while the Colts are in field goal range to win the game.

Manning is the NFL MVP and won't make a mistake that stupid.

That post would be accurate if the Vikings coaching staff didnt cause a 5 yard penalty to pull them out of range.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:37 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,431,023 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cpBsCT2pbs

Nice game, refs. Check out the non-holding penalty call at :34 where the Viking pass rusher got tackled to the ground and still almost sacked Brees as he threw the ball away... er-got it pass interfered.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-25-2010 at 12:49 PM..

Old 01-25-2010, 01:06 PM
JJG

13,248 posts, read 19,187,305 times
Look, I'll go on record to say that I wouldn't mind if the Saints won the Super Bowl. In fact, they're who I want to win.

But anytime I hear the whole, "we're the underdogs", or, "this is the best team in history" and "New Orleans are the new America's Team", I'll be quick to shut that down.

It's great that the Saints got to their first big game, but let's not get carried away folks. Also, the Colts are in this game too..... Let's not forget that.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 PM

55,667 posts, read 74,646,551 times
no doubt about it, there is an elephant standing in the middle of the living room.
when those in the living room think there is a problem, then it will get better. for the rest of us, its just
take the bypass around NO and houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football