U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 PM

2,369 posts, read 3,057,441 times

Advertisements

2 problems with this.

first, the precedence was set (and really this has happened many times before in previous seasons) during pack/cards when a player was fined after the game for a late hit on Aaron rodgers but no penalty called during the game. There is no conspiracy. Really.

second, if anybody on here really , and actually, in their right frame of mind, and sober, not stoned thinks the NFL wouldn't rather have the 40 year old gunslinger (TM) and all the hype that God, Budda and Hare Krishna would allow to be in the super bowl against his heir apparent , Payton Manning, you're out of your goards, and by that I mean your skulls, your minds, i.e. you be crazier than a bat on Mardi Gras outside the Latin Quarter in Paris. Seriously. I mean look at how the guy's jersey sells, look at how Baddell gets involved and tells the pack hurry up and work out the deal with the Jets so we can make the jerseys and sell merchandise. If you don't think a super tanker of press ink wouldn't be spilled over this in the up-coming weeks , heck, it'd make the Exxon Valdez look like a Greenpeace convention. Seriously. This billion dollar bidness that's called the NFL would've just loved, no , Loved with a capital L to have ol' gray beard in the SB one last time. Are you kidding me? There is no conspiracy. Really.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:53 AM

2,857 posts, read 5,988,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Hard hits are part of the game, regardless of how old the quarterback is.

But drilling the quarterback - either with helmet to chin or in the knees - and doing so 2 seconds after he has handed off or passed, is clearly against the rules.

Not only should it result in a 15-yard penalty, it should also result in expulsion from the game and punitive fines.

And refs who refuse to throw the flag for that need to be fined and lose their jobs.
Omaha, I can't believe you're still whining about the Saints beating your team. Get over it, and enjoy the Superbowl.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,960,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Omaha, I can't believe you're still whining about the Saints beating your team. Get over it, and enjoy the Superbowl.

Ditto. Let it go already O-Rocks. You are making yourself look silly. And I agree with badger, anyone who thinks the NFL wanted the Saints in SB over the endless story-line they would have had having #4 there in the twilight of his career is just in denial (or another bitter Viking fan that still can't get over the fact that their own mistakes cost them more than the poor reffing did). Where have you guys been, poor reffing IS a part of the league. No way around it. Some here get it, some still can't.

Either way, should be a shoot-out Sunday.
Colts: 34
Saints: 31

Old 02-02-2010, 08:50 PM

8,293 posts, read 23,159,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
The Aints didn't beat the Vikings. The Vikings fumbled the game away.

Without 14 players on the field, the Aints don't stand a chance in the Super Bowl.

I predict a 3-touchdown Colts lead by halftime, and the second half will just be boring.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Ditto. Let it go already O-Rocks. You are making yourself look silly. And I agree with badger, anyone who thinks the NFL wanted the Saints in SB over the endless story-line they would have had having #4 there in the twilight of his career is just in denial (or another bitter Viking fan that still can't get over the fact that their own mistakes cost them more than the poor reffing did). Where have you guys been, poor reffing IS a part of the league. No way around it. Some here get it, some still can't.

Either way, should be a shoot-out Sunday.
Colts: 34
Saints: 31
So the NFL fines the guy $20,000 for dirty hits, and you're saying it's no big deal.

You are right though. Had Butterfingers Peterson not fumbled 6 times, it would have been a 49-14 Vikings win - even with the Aints fielding 14 players.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:00 PM

1,685 posts, read 3,758,986 times
The Vikings screwed up major but I agree that it exceeded professional football with the ugly late hits on Favre (especially that last one). There's sacks and then there's real intent to harm. With this coming superbowl it seems the focus will be on how much the Saints can harm as oppossed to skill. I know players have been fined post game, but that was done with such apparent veracity to injure.

Yeh' I know, cry, cry tyvin

My team already lost so it didn't matter who won; I like the NFL.

To add, I couldn't believe how they kept sending Peterson back out

Old 02-03-2010, 09:12 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,960,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So the NFL fines the guy $20,000 for dirty hits, and you're saying it's no big deal.

You are right though. Had Butterfingers Peterson not fumbled 6 times, it would have been a 49-14 Vikings win - even with the Aints fielding 14 players.

The NFL stepped up and fined the guy for the late hit, great. Happends all the time. Won't change the final outcome, but do you feel better? I bet (if you are old enough, which I doubt) you are one of those fans that is still crying about Drew Pearson "pushing off" some 35 years later. As a life long Packer fan, it brings me great joy (all in fun) to see guys like you suffering from yet another Viking playoff meltdown and your inability to deal with you own teams lack of focus in the biggest game of the year. "14 players", "had", "would have", "even with", "49-14". Keep it up as long as you want. Next to our own SB birth, this is the best way for Packer Nation to enter the off-season, laughing at dribble like this. You beat the Packers twice this year, was that not the focus from the get-go? See, it was a great season for you.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
The NFL stepped up and fined the guy for the late hit, great. Happends all the time. Won't change the final outcome, but do you feel better? I bet (if you are old enough, which I doubt) you are one of those fans that is still crying about Drew Pearson "pushing off" some 35 years later. As a life long Packer fan, it brings me great joy (all in fun) to see guys like you suffering from yet another Viking playoff meltdown and your inability to deal with you own teams lack of focus in the biggest game of the year. "14 players", "had", "would have", "even with", "49-14". Keep it up as long as you want. Next to our own SB birth, this is the best way for Packer Nation to enter the off-season, laughing at dribble like this. You beat the Packers twice this year, was that not the focus from the get-go? See, it was a great season for you.
YAWN.

Yet another crybaby Packers fan, POd because Favre just had his best season ever - and that after the idiot Packers shoved him out the door.

It's almost as though Favre was your girlfriend, and now that you broke up, you have to talk crap about him. I guess that's what teenagers do.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 AM

16,521 posts, read 20,964,213 times
Time to shut this one down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or