U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 AM

13,104 posts, read 24,880,333 times

Advertisements

what does this have to do with the game....what a low life

drew brees has an unbreakable spirit 020210 - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 01:03 PM

8,340 posts, read 14,095,346 times
I guess I really do not see what is so deplorable about this.

Journalists are paid to ask tough questions.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,852,418 times
That reporter is a media *****, he's ashamed after the fact? Kudos to Brees for handling that douchebag reporter with class. I mean, he writes a column about his question to Brees but doesn't let us know exactly what he asked? Dude needs go back to journalism school and quit trying to pump his image.

I heard a great idea the other day. Everyone knows media day is a joke. Why not let at risk youth or make a wish kids interview these guys? You would get better questions, the players would have more fun and it would give kids that are less fortunate than most get a chance of a lifetime and maybe give them a new lease on life.

It would be great PR for the NFL. Media day has became a joke. 93 questions to Freeney about his ankle? Give me a break and give these less fortunate kids a lifetime memory.

Thoughts? I kind of liked the idea.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 02-03-2010 at 04:52 PM..

Old 02-03-2010, 04:42 PM

20,899 posts, read 39,168,910 times
IMO, that was not a "tough" question, it was an ignorant, rude and despicable question.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:20 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
That reporter is a media *****, he's ashamed after the fact? Kudos to Brees for handling that douchebag reporter with class. I mean, he writes a column about his question to Brees but doesn't let us know exactly what he asked? Dude needs go back to journalism school and quit trying to pump his image.

I heard a great idea the other day. Everyone knows media day is a joke. Why not let at risk youth or make a wish kids interview these guys? You would get better questions, the players would have more fun and it would give kids that are less fortunate than most get a chance of a lifetime and maybe give them a new lease on life.

It would be great PR for the NFL. Media day has became a joke. 93 questions to Freeney about his ankle? Give me a break and give these less fortunate kids a lifetime memory.

I think it is a GREAT idea!

Old 02-03-2010, 05:24 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,451,669 times
With the 2 week gap between the conference championships and the Super Bowl, the media has too much time on their hands.

Evidence of this was a few years ago when they conducted lengthy interviews with the bus drivers of each team.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 AM

13,104 posts, read 24,880,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post

GREAT IDEA!!!! and I agree the questions would more then likely be much more interesting

Old 02-04-2010, 06:33 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,173,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
[CODE][/CODE]

I think it is a GREAT idea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
GREAT IDEA!!!! and I agree the questions would more then likely be much more interesting
I think it's a great idea as well.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 AM

16,522 posts, read 20,966,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
what does this have to do with the game....what a low life

drew brees has an unbreakable spirit 020210 - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN
There is a lot of people involved in the media that I have no use for. Mark Kriegel has just been added to the list. Too bad, as I read a biography he done on Joe Namath and found it to be pretty good. Delving into a person's life on that level is just uncalled for. And idiotic.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 02-04-2010 at 08:56 AM..

Old 02-04-2010, 09:11 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,546,160 times
editing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or