U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,390,507 times
Reputation: 3070

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
Well, just imagine how pissed off all the bookies are at having to pay off those losses. Har! Har!
. The sexy bet was the Colts and the over, so the books did well this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
The OP is 100% correct. You have thought Manning was the only QB playing in the superbowl. As far as Dungy goes, I am waiting for him to get called out by someone in his media circle.
Yeah, b/c everyone was not slobbering all over the New Orleans "community," for the last 2 weeks. The idiots on ESPN were picking the colts, yes, but there was so many "feel-good" or sob stories about NO I was dizzy by the end of it. I must have seen 6 stories about burbon street and 4 stories on Drew Brees injury from several years ago just on sat/sunday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:08 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,198,624 times
Reputation: 772
How many "MANNING LEGACY" stories do you think they aired???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,390,507 times
Reputation: 3070
I heard a lot of Manning and his relations to NO type stories. I can't say I blame the media for that one. Archie Manning played in NO and his son is now playing that team in the superbowl. How many times has that happened before, and how many times will it happen again?

The Manning legacy stuff is ESPN word-vomit. Get your news from a more credible source if you don't like what you see in the main stream. The guys I read didn't feel the need to get into the pointless GOAT arguement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:50 AM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,198,624 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I heard a lot of Manning and his relations to NO type stories. I can't say I blame the media for that one. Archie Manning played in NO and his son is now playing that team in the superbowl. How many times has that happened before, and how many times will it happen again?

The Manning legacy stuff is ESPN word-vomit. Get your news from a more credible source if you don't like what you see in the main stream. The guys I read didn't feel the need to get into the pointless GOAT arguement.

Are you kidding me? ESPN was ONE SOURCE but there was news outlets in TENN and INDY running the GOAT stories. Bottom line is for as good as he is in the regular season the guy is average in the post season when it matters. 9-9 is .500 and thats what he is. PERIOD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,850,194 times
Reputation: 4063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Are you kidding me? ESPN was ONE SOURCE but there was news outlets in TENN and INDY running the GOAT stories. Bottom line is for as good as he is in the regular season the guy is average in the post season when it matters. 9-9 is .500 and thats what he is. PERIOD!
The GOAT discussion is a national one, by my observation.

A 9-9 postseason record is still better than that of the vast, vast majority of starting QBs over the past decade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 12:26 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,390,507 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Are you kidding me? ESPN was ONE SOURCE but there was news outlets in TENN and INDY running the GOAT stories. Bottom line is for as good as he is in the regular season the guy is average in the post season when it matters. 9-9 is .500 and thats what he is. PERIOD!
GOAT debates/stories, in any sport are never ending, and ultimately pointless debates. The only reason you are so hot and bothered about this particular time is because you hate Manning. Tom Brady has been in that discussion plenty of times, I wonder if you were crying all over the fourm that day to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,198,624 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
GOAT debates/stories, in any sport are never ending, and ultimately pointless debates. The only reason you are so hot and bothered about this particular time is because you hate Manning. Tom Brady has been in that discussion plenty of times, I wonder if you were crying all over the fourm that day to?

I wasnt on the forum then. But yes I raised hell about it then too because you cant call someone th greatest ever in the midst of thier career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
 
16,553 posts, read 21,084,914 times
Reputation: 48064
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
The media loves to pick a favorite, and then the bandwagon begins. Dallas was the early darling in the playoffs . . . until they lost. Then Minnesota and the Jets were the favorites to upset Indy and the Saints. Bottom line, anyone can beat anyone on a given day.
Yep, that's pretty much the size of it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:35 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top