U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 PM

755 posts, read 2,033,804 times

Advertisements

Maybe CBS and the NFL picked The Who becasue 3 of their songs are themes to the 3 CBS CSI series . I read somewhere that they played for free also so that atleast helps with them kind of sucking. Better than Bruce Springstein and Tom Pettty though. Overall though i thought the game was good, some nice lead changes, and some aggressive play calling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 04:32 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,188,104 times
The commercials weren't as over the top as usual and the original years of BUD BOWL might have livened this up too.As far as the game goes,it was close from beginning to end which means it was good.OC posted about the last couple as opposed to the blowouts in the 90's and he is right!

Old 02-09-2010, 03:17 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,243,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethany12 View Post
You know it is a bad Superbowl when everyone stops watching by halftime. Really, besides New Orleans and Indy did anyone else care?

The most-watched TV program in U.S. history.

Quote:
Sunday's big game set a new all-time ratings high, overthrowing the 27-year-old record held by the final episode of "M*A*S*H."
The New Orleans Saints vs. Indianapolis Colts showdown drew 106.5 million viewers, smashing Super Bowl records and edging out 1983's "M*A*S*H" finale, which garnered 105.97 million viewers.
Super Bowl dethrones 'M*A*S*H,' sets all-time record! -- The Live Feed | THR (http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/02/super-bowl-xliv-ratings-.html - broken link)

Old 02-09-2010, 04:54 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,080,156 times
I watched it off and on. I figured when the Colts where up 10 it was over. Checked back in the 2nd half and got more interested. Wow, we have a game going on here.
Didn't watch half time or the commercials. The 'Who" doesn't appeal to me and I hate commercials.
I don't have much interest in either team but I was glad to see the Saints win. The people of New Orleans and the state needed something good to cheer about and lift their spirits after what they went through with Katrina. For that reason I am glad the Saints won. They needed a "happy time" and I'm glad they got it and have something special to celebrate.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:01 AM

2,857 posts, read 5,991,030 times
Does anyone at home even watch the halftime show? Halftime is when you eat, re-beer and talk about missed opportunities in the first half.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:04 AM

8,341 posts, read 14,104,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Does anyone at home even watch the halftime show? Halftime is when you eat, re-beer and talk about missed opportunities in the first half.
I literally hung curtains during the halftime show.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:19 AM

8,701 posts, read 11,840,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Yes.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 AM

664 posts, read 1,754,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
The " Favre worshippers" are mainly the ones I was referring to.

Manning and Brees can't walk on water.
They did get their teams to the Superbowl , however.
Marmac, I am starting to think you are obsessed with Brett Favre. You seem to bring him up more than anyone. I have to say though, no one is saying ooh I knew Manning would let them down, interception blah blah blah..just imagine if that had been Favre to blow it like that...oh yea...anyway...overall the superbowl was kind of boring only because we are not fans of either team although we still wathed the whole game. Commercials like pretty much everyone else has been saying were awful. I really thought the half time show was great. I am not a big Who fan but was impressed with how good they sounded live. I guess now a days we are so used to lipsyncing it's refreshing to hear a real live band.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:37 AM

4,574 posts, read 7,062,229 times
gee, I miss football already

Question...since the draft istarts on a Thursday this year, is it on the NFL Network or will everybody be able to watch?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,462,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000Lakes View Post
Marmac, I am starting to think you are obsessed with Brett Favre. You seem to bring him up more than anyone. I have to say though, no one is saying ooh I knew Manning would let them down, interception blah blah blah..just imagine if that had been Favre to blow it like that...oh yea...anyway...overall the superbowl was kind of boring only because we are not fans of either team although we still wathed the whole game. Commercials like pretty much everyone else has been saying were awful. I really thought the half time show was great. I am not a big Who fan but was impressed with how good they sounded live. I guess now a days we are so used to lipsyncing it's refreshing to hear a real live band.

----"overall the superbowl was kind of boring only because we are not fans of either team"--

If your name ( 10,000Lakes) refers to Minnesota, I would imagine you would consider most superbowls boring ( using your criteria )

Heck, if you want a really boring Superbowl, go back to 1970.

The Vikings team was #1 in the league in points scored, #1 in the league in fewest points allowed, and odds makers had them a 12 point favorite.

Yet, a team called the Kansas City Chiefs beat them 23-7.

Yup, be carefull what you wish for ( Vikings in the Superbowl)
They , also, played in some of the most boring games. ( and lost every one of them )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football