U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:39 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,199,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
The biggest problem (and this was my greatest fear all along) was Brees picking apart our depleted and youngish secondary..
Excuse #1 this is the same "depleted and young secondary that has been winning games for you and no one was making excuses for thier age, actually you guys were gloating on how good the young guys were. NEXT MAN UP remember.

Quote:
Even if Manning hadn't thrown the pick and the Colts had gone on to score the TD, is there any reason to think that Brees wouldn't have been able to drive the Saints down in position for a game-winning FG?
Guess we will never know

Quote:
Indy's D shouldn't have given anyone such confidence.
Oh I see Indy gave them the confidence, how about they TOOK it because they werent given ANY respect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 06:57 AM

8,348 posts, read 14,184,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The game belonged to the Colts until Manning made one of his typical boneheaded decisions and threw the game away.
This is moronic

The two biggest Colts gaffes did not directly involved Peyton

- Pierre Garcon dropped a monster first down, that he could have run for a TD, that could have put the Colts up huge in the first half. Whether that play or drive would have results in a score we will never know; but they were moving the ball at will and Garcon dropped the ball

- Hank Baskett had the surprise onside kick bounce right off his hands.

The Colts were losing when Peyton through the pick; to suggest the game belonged to the Colts up to that point is moronic.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:00 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,199,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
This is moronic

The two biggest Colts gaffes did not directly involved Peyton

- Pierre Garcon dropped a monster first down, that he could have run for a TD, that could have put the Colts up huge in the first half. Whether that play or drive would have results in a score we will never know; but they were moving the ball at will and Garcon dropped the ball

- Hank Baskett had the surprise onside kick bounce right off his hands.

The Colts were losing when Peyton through the pick; to suggest the game belonged to the Colts up to that point is moronic.

To suggest that play was irrelivent is 10 times more moronic.

NO ONE IN AMERICA would have said that down by 7 with under 5 mins in the game and the ball on the opposing 30 they wouldnt have wanted Manning with the ball in his hands, and he coughed it up. If you dont see that as a HUGE play your too blinded by your homerism.

THAT SAID, was that the only reason they lost...hell no but it was a huge part of it.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:01 AM

8,348 posts, read 14,184,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
To suggest that play was irrelivent is 10 times more moronic.
I never said it was irrelevant, I am saying that it is moronic to say Peyton blew a game the Colts were dominating.

The Colts were not even winning when he threw the pick, and the game to that point did not belong to the Colts. Not even close.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,096,800 times
Blaming Manning for single-handedly losing the game is ridiculous. There were dropped passes, special teams and defense blunders, missed field goal, penalties etc. The interception was big, but Indy may never have been in a come from behind position had the rest of the team did more to win in three previous quarters. Before we start talking up Brady, let me remind you Pats fans that Brady never had to face a team of the Saints caliber in his Superbowl wins, which by the way they squeaked out by 3 points each time against who...Carolina, St. Louis, and Philadelphia, not one of them had a Drew Brees caliber QB, and considering Brady had a much better defense helping him out, they should have won by way more than 3 points. Did any of you blame Brady for single-handedly losing to the Giants? Oh no, that's right, all of you Pats fans blamed the loss on a "lucky" catch by Tyree. I'm not a Colts fan, but I'd still take Manning over any other QB in the league when the game is on the line. He proved just how effective he is all season long and in previous seasons as well. Brady's best days are behind him, Manning still has a lot left in the tank. Brees now shares top honors among QB's along with Brady and Manning.

New England is such a hateful place. The news stations all acted as though it was a victory for New England when the Colts lost...one news reporter actually said, "Colts loss is a voctory for N.E.!" Pathetic. They just can't be happy with what they have and get over not being there. No other team's fans and home media networks act this way when a rival team loses a big game.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:40 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,392,874 times
Biggest play of the game was the onside, very gutsy call, that really didn't even work, but the colts player let it bounce of his chest. I haven't seen any of the post game interviews, did anyone ask S.Payton when he decided to call that onside? Was it during half time, or did they have that one in the bag all week?

It's a shame that people are so eager to hate on Manning, I mean I get guys like speedaddicted are just trolling and patriot homers, but there is a considerable group of people that wanted to see him fail. Sure he does a lot of commercials, but as a sports fan, you should appreciate the level of talent he has.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:42 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,854,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Blaming Manning for single-handedly losing the game is ridiculous. There were dropped passes, special teams and defense blunders, missed field goal, penalties etc. The interception was big, but Indy may never have been in a come from behind position had the rest of the team did more to win in three previous quarters. Before we start talking up Brady, let me remind you Pats fans that Brady never had to face a team of the Saints caliber in his Superbowl wins, which by the way they squeaked out by 3 points each time against who...Carolina, St. Louis, and Philadelphia, not one of them had a Drew Brees caliber QB, and considering Brady had a much better defense helping him out, they should have won by way more than 3 points. Did any of you blame Brady for single-handedly losing to the Giants? Oh no, that's right, all of you Pats fans blamed the loss on a "lucky" catch by Tyree. I'm not a Colts fan, but I'd still take Manning over any other QB in the league when the game is on the line. He proved just how effective he is all season long and in previous seasons as well. Brady's best days are behind him, Manning still has a lot left in the tank. Brees now shares top honors among QB's along with Brady and Manning.

New England is such a hateful place. The news stations all acted as though it was a victory for New England when the Colts lost...one news reporter actually said, "Colts loss is a voctory for N.E.!" Pathetic. They just can't be happy with what they have and get over not being there. No other team's fans and home media networks act this way when a rival team loses a big game.
I think that Warner and Delhomme, at the time of those games, may have been every bit as good as Brees is now. Certainly the Rams had as good a receiving corps.

And I think Colts fans took as much pleasure in the Pats' loss to the Giants.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:44 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,854,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I haven't seen any of the post game interviews, did anyone ask S.Payton when he decided to call that onside? Was it during half time, or did they have that one in the bag all week?
Apparently they planned to run it at some point, and Payton decided to run it at halftime. That call required huge stones. Had the Colts recovered the kick and went down to score on the short field, we'd likely be calling Payton an idiot today.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,096,800 times
Quote:
I think that Warner and Delhomme, at the time of those games, may have been every bit as good as Brees is now. Certainly the Rams had as good a receiving corps.

And I think Colts fans took as much pleasure in the Pats' loss to the Giants.
Warner was not as good as Brees, perhaps a notch below, but not as good. The turnovers are what killed the Rams that year. Delhomme was never in the same league, nor was the rest of the team.

Everyone took pleasure in the Pats loss because of the arrogance of their players, coaches, and fanbase. Giants were the underdog, and no one outside of N.E. wanted to see them go 19-0. But heck, 18-1 is pretty damn good.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:23 AM

17,032 posts, read 27,007,644 times
Manning made the same mistake another 'great' QB made 2 weeks ago. He locked on to a favorite receiver on a pattern they threw a lot. Didnt see the defender jump the route. Just like Favre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or