U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:24 AM

17,032 posts, read 27,007,644 times

Advertisements

BTW Reggie Wayne had a poor game, he bobbled one catch and dropped one in the endzone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 08:40 AM

10,543 posts, read 12,064,564 times
The Saints outplayed the Colts in the second half. Regarding the interception, it was tight coverage, but not a throw Manning can't make, and Reggie Wayne didn't complete the route.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 AM

2,916 posts, read 7,340,489 times
I lost a great deal of respect for Tony Dungy after the way he talked up the Colts and Manning - which I can certainly understand to a point. However, he really should've remained his old circumspective self.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:57 AM

14,682 posts, read 22,561,972 times
The game took a serious turn when #85 dropped a critical 3rd down pass which might have lead to a punt or a missed field goal or something. Then that dropped pass to Wayne in the endzone was another.

It was a tight game till the end. There is no way you could pin the loss on #18. And as others in here said, the Saints just won. The pick-six is just what happens when you're down late in the Super Bowl.

Peyton Manning was a class-act in the loss. I'm not a Colt fan either. But that was a pretty good game.

Some of the plays that impressed me was when the Colts stopped the Saints on 4th and goal, their defense came in there and forced the 3 and out and they came back and got the fg. Then the onside kick. The Saints took risks, they were aggressive, and they, for the most part, kept #18 off the field as much as they could and that's how you beat the Colts.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 AM

48,516 posts, read 84,382,247 times
I reall thought the saints did what the Colts have done in the fourth qaurter;take control of the game;especailly the defense. I saw some dropped passes by both teams but that happens. On offense Brees was on the spot with his passes.Quarterback wise it doesn't get much better than watching brees and manning for accuacy and tight throws.From the middle of the second quarter to the end the saints offense and defnse just out played the colts.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:33 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,406,282 times
my comment is on the title. Peyton Manning singlehandedly... LITERALLLY!!!! Have you seen the stats. He threw for 333 yards. What more could you ask from the guy. Some players are lucky to throw a hundred yards in game. Yeah a TD pass would've been nice. But come Clark and Wayne couldn't be his only receivers

Old 02-08-2010, 05:40 PM

14,329 posts, read 19,629,661 times
Default Manning a great QB, get outta here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The game belonged to the Colts until Manning made one of his typical boneheaded decisions and threw the game away.
Better team won yesterday, PERIOD! The same people who want to pin that loss on just Manning are the same people who are serious about podunk Sarah Palin.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:09 PM

16,554 posts, read 21,093,751 times
Give credit where credit is due to Sean Payton and his coaching staff at half time. They kept Peyton AND the rest of the Colts off balance, witness the on side kick to start the third quarter. That was the key to the game. Their defensive coaches came in with different looks that confused the Colts. Remember, the score early was Colts 10, Saints 0. Starting the second quarter, the Saints scored 31 points, and the Colts 7 points. And Drew Breeze had a tremendous day after a somewhat slow start.

Manning came in with 333 yards. But the Saints were up to the challenge, they knew they were the sentimental favorites going in this game but also knew the smart money was on Indianapolis.

The New Orleans coaching staff deserves props as well as the players. They out coached the Colts staff and I have a lot of respect for the Colts staff, particularly offensive coordinator Tom Moore.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:17 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,199,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Give credit where credit is due to Sean Payton and his coaching staff at half time. They kept Peyton AND the rest of the Colts off balance, witness the on side kick to start the third quarter. That was the key to the game. Their defensive coaches came in with different looks that confused the Colts. Remember, the score early was Colts 10, Saints 0. Starting the second quarter, the Saints scored 31 points, and the Colts 7 points. And Drew Breeze had a tremendous day after a somewhat slow start.

Manning came in with 333 yards. But the Saints were up to the challenge, they knew they were the sentimental favorites going in this game but also knew the smart money was on Indianapolis.

The New Orleans coaching staff deserves props as well as the players. They out coached the Colts staff and I have a lot of respect for the Colts staff, particularly offensive coordinator Tom Moore.

Very well stated Double H. My question is this, at the point in the game where Manning drove them down the field rather quickly and gets to the 30, if he throws an TD vs the pick 6 do you not think that hits the Saints confidence? Hindsights 20/20 but you gotta belive that game is much more managable tied 24-24 than down by 14 do you not? I dont understand how anyone can say that wasnt a huge turning point in the game.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:06 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,270,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The game belonged to the Colts until Manning made one of his typical boneheaded decisions and threw the game away.
I really don't think that's accurate, and I was rooting for the Colts to win TXboomerang. The Colts controlled the 1st Quarter, and that was about it. NO controlled the last three quarters, even though the stats favored the Colts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or