Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,602,959 times

Advertisements

Cancel the parade in INDY, call of the celebrations for Peyton. Now I hope people will shut up with all this greatest of all time crap. The guy is a phenominal talent. He commands his offense like no other........................ BUT he is an average post season QB who in times of need doesnt make the big play in the big game.

He is now 9-9 in the post season and I dont care what anyone says, when he threw that pick six the Colts were still in that ball game. DOwn by 7 with the might Manning on the field, NO ONE would have said that game was over. Bottom line is you can toot his horn all you want for his awesome regular seasons but the dude is average in the post seasons and the numbers dont lie.

The NEW International Sign For Choking!

Last edited by Speedaddicted; 02-08-2010 at 05:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 07:11 AM

3,818 posts, read 4,030,296 times
He looks good like that........almost natural!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:17 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,495,520 times
You two should celebrate over a bottle of Stetson.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,827,123 times
You could say he gagged it, but I wonder if he had a top end WR how he would do. I think he makes their receivers look much better than they are.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
You could say he gagged it, but I wonder if he had a top end WR how he would do. I think he makes their receivers look much better than they are.

He had Marvin Harrison for how long?

Old 02-08-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
He had Marvin Harrison for how long?
11 seasons. What did Marvin do before Peyton got there?

Old 02-08-2010, 11:35 AM

He was drafted in 96 and Peyton in 98, its not like he wallowed in mediocrity for a decade before Manning made him great. Harrison was a great reciever at Syracuse with McNabb also.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
He was drafted in 96 and Peyton in 98, its not like he wallowed in mediocrity for a decade before Manning made him great. Harrison was a great reciever at Syracuse with McNabb also.
And Manning was a great QB at Tennessee with whomever it was at WR. My point is, given that Harrison's career largely ran parallel to Manning's, did Manning make Harrison great, or was it the other way around? We don't really know for sure yet. Let's see how things go over the next 4-5 years with Garcon and Collie.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
And Manning was a great QB at Tennessee with whomever it was at WR. My point is, given that Harrison's career largely ran parallel to Manning's, did Manning make Harrison great, or was it the other way around? We don't really know for sure yet. Let's see how things go over the next 4-5 years with Garcon and Collie.
And as good as he was in College he never could win a national championship yet TEE MARTIN won it the very year after Manning left UT with pretty much the same team..... hmmm

I never will argue with Manning's numbers, they are what they are, but his tendency to lose in big time situations is rivaled only by the Atlanta Braves. The guy just for one reason or another doesnt get it done. He is a .500 QB in the post season. And the worst part is when they win everyone just gushes how good he is and how HE wills the team to win, but when they lose its 100 reasons BESIDES him. Thats crap!

Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
And as good as he was in College he never could win a national championship yet TEE MARTIN won it the very year after Manning left UT with pretty much the same team..... hmmm

I never will argue with Manning's numbers, they are what they are, but his tendency to lose in big time situations is rivaled only by the Atlanta Braves. The guy just for one reason or another doesnt get it done. He is a .500 QB in the post season. And the worst part is when they win everyone just gushes how good he is and how HE wills the team to win, but when they lose its 100 reasons BESIDES him. Thats crap!
Where's Tee Martin today?

I believe I'm on record as stating that the INT was an ill-advised throw. But, yes, there's a lot of silly blabber that goes on when discussing Manning or football in general. With rare exceptions, no one player is responsible for a win, and no one player is responsible for a loss. And Manning himself would tell you that. Go back and watch his speech during the trophy presentation after SB 41.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football