U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:41 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,755,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Agreed. If I know I absolutely want to have a 100% good time with no glitches or anything bad happening, I DO NOT leave my house. It's funny and kooky, but it's true. I certainly would not go to a sports bar to see a game unless it was blacked out or something. Forget it.

I go to sports bars to watch games all the time but I go full well knowing that I am not going to be able to hear the game. You really dont need to hear the commentary to enjoy the game anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 02:02 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,709,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
First 2 things I thought of when I read "Super Bowl nightmare" was poor Garo Yepremian and the Buffalo Bills...
LOL First thing I thought of was Arizona Cardinals and two minutes thirty seven seconds.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:57 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,476,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinem View Post
First 2 things I thought of when I read "Super Bowl nightmare" was poor Garo Yepremian and the Buffalo Bills...
First thing I thought of was the 1970 Superbowl when the Vikings had the team with the most ponts scored, fewest ponts allowed, a 12 point favorite , and I lost $50 cuz I gave 5-1 odds.

Yup, that game was a true nightmare.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:56 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,601,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If your goal is to hear the game, why the hell did you go to a tavern? That's not there fault, that is your fault. You dont go to a bar if you want to hear. That's just common sense. I would never go to a bar to watch the Super Bowl or any other sporting even where I wanted to hear the commentary.

Common sense for some people who are social is to enjoy the super bowl with other people. Please read my thread completely. I had no issues with hearing the game over the patrons, I had issues with not having sound for the event.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,857,708 times
Usually people that are social have friends to enjoy the Superbowl with. Jes sayin.

I'm antisocial and still had people over my house for the game.... ahh but whaadayah gonna do? I'd rather not watch it with other people unless they know how to ****(umm I guess be quiet?). Most people I know do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or