U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 09:23 AM

2,220 posts, read 3,233,643 times

Advertisements

USA TODAY's NFL All-Decade Team - USATODAY.com

Some interesting choices there. QB & WR will be a great source of debate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 09:34 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,467,940 times
Maybe I am under-appreciating LT, but the running backs of this decade were pretty weak. Manning is well ahead of Brady in the "poll" on this link.

Thanks for the link

Old 02-17-2010, 09:46 AM

2,220 posts, read 3,233,643 times
In the poll Manning is ahead, but the writers who came up with the list voted differently. I happen to agree with the writers. Tom has won so much more with less. Thats just my 2 cents, I'm sure others will disagree.

I agree with LT though, in his hay day in the early 2000's he was a beast and he defined the RB position in the decade.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:58 PM

13,965 posts, read 19,616,617 times
My problems with this list.

1. Ed Reed at safety is an abomination. For every ESPN highlight this guy makes, there is a gamble that blows up in his face. One that usually results in leaving one of his cornerbacks exposed deep without any over the top help. In fact it was so bad that in 2006 or 2007 the Ravens considered benching him. While he is undeniably a playmaker, any of the other options (Dawkins, Polamalu, Sharper, Lynch) would have been wiser choices as they are much better, more fundamentally sound football players.

2. Randy Moss should be the WR of choice over Owens.

3. I'm going to show my Bronco bias here, but Jason Elam should have been the pick over Vinatieri. Vinatieri got the pub because of Snow Bowl and the Super Bowls, but Elam made kicks like that a hundred times over during his career. Ask NFL front office people which they'd rather have and most would tell you Elam.

Other than that, pretty solid list.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:28 PM

165 posts, read 541,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post

3. I'm going to show my Bronco bias here, but Jason Elam should have been the pick over Vinatieri. Vinatieri got the pub because of Snow Bowl and the Super Bowls, but Elam made kicks like that a hundred times over during his career. Ask NFL front office people which they'd rather have and most would tell you Elam.
On the other hand, I think the poll is looking at all of Vinatieri's GW kicks, specifically in the playoffs and Superbowl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football