Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,143,315 times

Advertisements

Arizona Cardinals: A

NFC-West Division Champions two years in a row. Made the play-offs

This may not seem like much if you're a Colts or a Steelers fan but, trust me on this one, to have gone from a team that stunk for way too long to this is HUGE.

Fan support is an A+

You now see people wearing jerseys and hats around town. And for the first time you can get an Arizona Cardinals license plate. (The Earth may just spin right off its axis.)

Of course with Kurt Warner gone our future is one big question mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 03:06 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,701,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I ment to do this sooner, but now that the season's over, it's time to see where are respected teams are going into the offseason.

My team: Dallas Cowboys (11-5) : Lost NFC Divisional Game

2009 Season

Offense: B+
Deffense: A
Special Teams: C
Coaching: C
Fan Support: A
Overall: B-

Comments:

-We won a playoff game for the first time since Space Jam was in theaters.... at least ya can't say Romo and Philips can't win a post season game anymore.

- MUCH better than last season. Even though NOT reaching the Super Bowl is always a disappointment for the Cowboys, it's still better than laying an egg in the last two regular season games....

- We won A playoff game... now we need to win more. Miles Austin was a Godsend. He and Romo hit their stride just at the right time. But injuries and bad playcalling at the end killed us.

But overall, it was a good season....
Carolina Panthers

Offense: B-
Defense: B
Special Teams: D
Coaching: C+
Fan Support: B-
Overall: B-

Offense would have been better if Matt Moore started more games. Run game is excellent. Serious needs at WR.

Defense played very well considering the mess of injuries we had.

Special Teams return game needs a serious spark.

Coaching: John Fox should not have stuck with Delhomme for so long but he must be given credit for keeping his team playing hard the last 4 games which saved his job.

Overall, disappointing season but the Panthers never gave up and have reason to believe that they will return to the playoffs in 2010.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:03 PM

191 posts, read 272,712 times
Washington Redskins
F

I'm a bit more hopeful now that Shanahan has taken over, but I don't expect any great turn around. Its hard to be optimistic as a 'skins fan.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:22 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,857,442 times
New Orleans Saints
Offense A
Defense A
Special teams A
Fan support AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Overall AAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++
WHO DAT

Old 02-21-2010, 06:47 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,401,479 times
Arizona Cardinals

Offense--B+ hopefully we can keep working on our running game
Defense--C we just do not have the size to play a 3-4
Special Teams--B Rackers can't hit a clutch kick, otherwise A
Coaching--B- I love Whis. But this stubborn determination to stick with the 3-4 costs us games.
Fan Support--C Fairweather fans.
Overall--B I am ONE fan that is actually looking forward to Leinart.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:37 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,208,419 times
JSizzle is a lot more accurate with fan support than DewDropInn

it's definitely grown, but it's still not there yet ..... still a very easy ticket in town, noise only on 3rd down and most of the "new fans" have no idea what is actually happening on the field

there are some great fans, just like there were back in the sun devil days .... but still a lot of work to do

Old 02-22-2010, 10:26 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,074,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonceltz View Post
New England Patriots
Offense: B+ (can't complain about the terrific Brady, Moss, Welker trio. But their running attack wasn't consistent enough and they struggled to establish 3rd wideout after the Galloway bust. TEs weren't really as productive as anticipated, although Chris Baker had some value and made some clutch, memorable catches. Offensive line was very good and enormous Sebastian Vollmer dazzled in his rookie season, perhaps cementing himself as the LT of the next decade. Julian Edelman emerged as a legitimate receiver in his rookie season after playing QB at Kent State...he is a poor man's Wes Welker.)

Defense: C (a few bright spots such as Tully Banta-Cain, Vince Wilfork, and Mike Wright. And mostly improved play from the secondary including Leigh Bodden and Meriweather. I thought Jerod Mayo took a step back, they were erratic on run defense, and severely need a pass rusher and that should be their No. 1 priority in the draft. Many injuries here as well, but there are some promising young players. It seems like Pats get more injuries than any other team, but maybe that's just me. I still think, overall, they played better-than-expected since they lost all the veterans last season. But should dramatically improve in 2010 and must to become a Super Bowl team.)

Special Teams: B- (Gostowski is one of the best kickers in the NFL, but this unit overall was nothing real special. Not many big returns and I'm not a fan of Chris Hanson punting.)

Coaching: B (Belichick made some costly and risky gambles, but he also made some very sound coaching calls as well and he has always been one to think outside the box which has helped lead to much success. Had to deal with numerous injuries. I would have liked to see more of Shawn Springs because he was good when played but was benched a lot. Also didn't give Galloway much of a chance, which I found odd.)

Fan Support: B (Make no mistake, this is a Red Sox town, but the Pats fanbase is still strong, probably in the top 10 in the NFL. They have plenty of diehards who have been around for decades as well as scores of new fans who have started following the team since the 2001 Super Bowl.)

Overall: B- (A downer of a season losing in the first round to Baltimore at home and getting plowed in the first quarter before finally settling down but it was too late. Still, there were many positives, as they won the AFC East, but it's hard to remember them, especially after watching the hated Jets advance to the AFC Championship. Welker's injury was really a downer. Many players showed flashes of great promise, but most were incredibly erratic. They need to find consistency as well as a top-notch pass-rusher, a legitimate RB threat, and a third receiver. And figure out the Wilfork situation.)

Yes........agree.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:57 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,175,810 times
Minnesota Vikings------strong B+

I can't give them an A- due to the uncerainty at QB

Old 02-22-2010, 02:33 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,482,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Minnesota Vikings------strong B+

I can't give them an A- due to the uncerainty at QB
Didn't Favre play every game? This is grading them for 2009, not next year.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:47 PM

23,767 posts, read 29,017,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Didn't Favre play every game? This is grading them for 2009, not next year.
I think what he's saying is that... he's uncertain what the QB does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football