U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:21 PM

16,543 posts, read 21,039,948 times

Advertisements

Good points with McGowdog here. And some good points with the other people as well.

One of the things that helped Marcus was reinventing himself in a way when he got to Kansas City from the Raiders. It pretty surprising to see him play as a rookie (1982) and go the late 90's with the Chiefs. But I haven't forgotten about Al Davis basically benching Allen for his last couple years as a Raider. At some point in time the real story will come out on that. Allen joined K.C. in '93 and still had productive seasons.

There is an interesting column by Nick Canepa of the San Diego Union Tribune regarding Tomlinson this morning. He hits the bullseye in his last sentence, "Ladanian arrived here on a 747, and he is leaving here in a cab."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 01:24 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,769,819 times
I think with a reduced workload, LT can still be very dangerous. He can also be valuable off the field by providing leadership and experience to younger backs. He has a reputation of being a good teammate and overall good person.

Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,194,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I think with a reduced workload, LT can still be very dangerous. He can also be valuable off the field by providing leadership and experience to younger backs. He has a reputation of being a good teammate and overall good person.
Except for when he pouts on the sideline in the AFC championship game with his cape and darth vader mask not even trying to motivate his team, while he watches his qb (with a torn knee ligament) play. Way to lead LT!

Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 AM

938 posts, read 1,084,392 times
LT should be able to find work with the Jets. Thomas Jones is banged up and Shonn Green is still green. that O-line can open holes and LT can still hit them.

Norv "I can't win big games" Turner put LT in park and went with the passing game.

whata-dummy Norv is.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:04 PM

4,584 posts, read 5,034,376 times
Sports casters here in New Orleans are talking about him coming to the Saints. Appearently he is friends with Drew Brees. Who knows.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:09 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,194,065 times
WIth Bell, Bush and Thomas already in the backfield I doubt it. Plus they have waaay to many other free agents they need to purse of more value to them then LT. Thats just my opinion though.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:23 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,734,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
send him to the steelers as a back up
Never happen. Rooney's don't do "splash" free agent signings - especailly older, nicked up free agents.

He could end up at the skins or raiders, they are well known for signing past their prime superstars. Any team who has a young back they are grooming may find extra value in him for leadership. Based on his AFC championship pouting epsiode, not sure locker room circle of influence would be very big beyond his immediate group of position peers .

Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 AM

938 posts, read 1,084,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
He could end up at the skins or raiders, they are well known for signing past their prime superstars. Any team who has a young back they are grooming may find extra value in him for leadership. Based on his AFC championship pouting epsiode, not sure locker room circle of influence would be very big beyond his immediate group of position peers .
As a Raider fan I have to disagree. Al Davis' trend of grabbing past-prime players is long gone, his new thing is keeping washed up players he drafted (Gallery) and grabbing unproven rookies(Bey) and throwing them into the melee. recipe for disaster

besides, LT will never play for the Raiders.

Last edited by 4Horsemen; 02-25-2010 at 10:03 AM..

Old 02-25-2010, 11:11 AM

1,620 posts, read 2,402,322 times
Buffalo should get him. Drop Lynch and sign Tomlinson. Him and Jackson would tear it up out there and he aint a crybaby like T.O.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:50 AM

4,584 posts, read 7,090,645 times
LT has been clear that he only wants to play for a "contender" so we'll just have to wait and see. I mean, who knows next year who the contenders will be, the teams that end up in the SB are always different every year. I think he really wants Dallas. If a very good team doesn't sign him, I think he will retire.

If he had been willing to take a lesser role in SD, with less money, he could have stayed. At least until he openly criticized the "leadership" on the Chargers, that was the death blow for LT here. But Spanos reportedly asked him to go into the Hall of Fame as a Charger and he said he would.

I have mixed feelings, he is the greatest Charger player and put us on the map in the NFL. I was happy I got to see someone of his Hall of Fame calibre play. He's a class act and did alot for the community here. It's very sad to see him go, but honestly he isn't a big back that's going to pound away thru the middle, he's like a gazelle. After teams figured him out, he had trouble, and certainly after his injury, he was never the same. Hard to say whether LT is a team player or not, during his peak I would say he was. But his pouting on the sidelines and never showing alot of enthusiasm for other players...I don't know how that played out in the locker room.

Whatever happens, I wish him and his family all the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football