U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:23 PM

9,035 posts, read 16,520,264 times

Advertisements

who just happen to keep finding him, eh?

from what is starting to come out it doesn't sound like anyone in the club has much good to say about him - instead of getting drunk, stupid and aggressive maybe he should take the path of the other hundreds of professional athletes who manage to hold down wives, mistresses, groupies, etc without such accusations

there is sleezy - see tiger woods, magic johnson, charles barkley, letterman and countless others who enjoy using their position to gather the goods

then there is scumbag - which is assaulting and bullying people because you think you have the status and celebrity to pull it off - ben is quickly running to this category

Old 03-09-2010, 12:04 AM

13,930 posts, read 19,277,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
who just happen to keep finding him, eh?
It's only been two, and the first one went after him in civil court (where there is money to be made), no physical evidence was collected and a sworn affidavit from from a co-worker claims the "victim" bragged about having consensual sex with him and had even attempted to stalk him, for lack of a better word.

To date, no charges have been filed against him and the first of the claims is basically proven false already, so I wouldn't be so quick to judge him.

Quote:
from what is starting to come out it doesn't sound like anyone in the club has much good to say about him - instead of getting drunk, stupid and aggressive maybe he should take the path of the other hundreds of professional athletes who manage to hold down wives, mistresses, groupies, etc without such accusations
That's a moral issue and that is Ben's problem.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:26 PM

4,591 posts, read 7,115,789 times
Rape carries a life sentence in Georgia so he is in it up to his eyeballs. Has hired the same lawyer as Ray Lewis had.

Ben needs bodyguards, not to save him from other people, but to save him from himself. But then, of course, nobody is going to say no to him, right?

I mean, he's a big guy, what 6'5" or so, say 230 pounds, off season maybe more. It's going to look like he had the advantage over any girl. Personally, I just think he's stupid, gets drunk, and like most other guys, goes for it. I kind of doubt any girl has to trick him into doing anything. But that's just my opinion, haven't heard the actual facts yet. This will probably be a he said-she said, and depending on what the rape kit shows and what bruises, etc. she has on her body, if any.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:52 PM

9,745 posts, read 18,547,402 times
Lets not forget about the show off kobe bryant. He dodged a bullet big time & he was as guilty as sin.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM

4,148 posts, read 7,235,104 times
That women is after Roethlisbeger money "gold digger".

Old 03-10-2010, 12:42 PM

4,591 posts, read 7,115,789 times
Whether that's true or not, he is putting himself in those situations. Athletes have to choose their friends wisely and where they hang out. If they aren't there, they can't be accused.

Another point, if all these women are after his money, I would assume they are after any highly paid athlete's money, but we don't hear about this happening to anyone else. There's something going on with him...
There are many athletes who go out and party all the time and they don't get accused of sexual assault. At his level of recognition, he is asking for trouble. The price of money and fame....you can't live like the common folks.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:28 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,199,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Whether that's true or not, he is putting himself in those situations. Athletes have to choose their friends wisely and where they hang out. If they aren't there, they can't be accused.

Another point, if all these women are after his money, I would assume they are after any highly paid athlete's money, but we don't hear about this happening to anyone else. There's something going on with him...
There are many athletes who go out and party all the time and they don't get accused of sexual assault. At his level of recognition, he is asking for trouble. The price of money and fame....you can't live like the common folks.

A++++++++++ I wish I could give you 2 rep points for this. He may or may not be guilty of sexual assualt be is 100% guilty of being a dumb asz.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:38 PM

4,148 posts, read 7,235,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
A++++++++++ I wish I could give you 2 rep points for this. He may or may not be guilty of sexual assualt be is 100% guilty of being a dumb asz.
I agree with that he is a dumb asz.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:58 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,942,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Lets not forget about the show off kobe bryant. He dodged a bullet big time & he was as guilty as sin.
Hold up, Kobe was accused once and this is Ben's second rape allegation. Besides, that Katelyn Faber lady didn't sound very credible and her story changed a lot. I read Kobe's apology but his accuser made too many errors for me to believe her side...More facts need to come out with Ben but 2 rape accusations in a year. Hope it works out for him.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:00 PM

2,653 posts, read 4,743,723 times
When is this guy gonna figure out that there are not alot of good things that happen top NFL quarterbacks in bars after 11pm??

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or