U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 PM

9,431 posts, read 7,112,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
There are eight teams in the Arena Football League, if you watch Arena football.

There will be a Washington DC team for next year.

Current teams are located in Jacksonville, Orlando, Philadelphia, Tampa, Phoenix, Cleveland, Anaheim though the team is called the Los Angeles Kiss, and Portland Oregon.
The current Arena League, if i'm not mistaken, is the remnants of af2 merged with successful Arena League teams?

I love arena/indoor football.. It's a great, exciting, fast paced game and most leagues require rosters to be 75% or higher of local talent.. So, you have some community tie-ins.

We've burned through 2 different indoor teams here.. We had an original af2 franchise that they folded in favor of an NBA D-League team which folded after a year. Then another indoor team that played with a red, white and blue football (I forget the league name.. AIFL?) that the owner was a crook that had been arrested in Portland and did his same tricks here. Obviously it folded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 11:43 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,515,467 times
I like Arena League football as well, but I havent kept up with it over the years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football