Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 12:02 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,388,865 times

Advertisements

Last week of the season! Who are your picks?

My picks are:
Jets @ Patriots
Browns @ Steelers - Browns are most likely to go 0-16 for the first time since the Lions did it in 2008.
Texans @ Colts
Jaguars @ Titans
Bengals @ Ravens
Bills @ Dolphins
Chiefs @ Broncos
Raiders @ Chargers
Cowboys @ Eagles
Redskins @ Giants
Packers @ Lions
Bears @ Vikings
Panthers @ Falcons
Saints @ Buccaneers
Cardinals @ Seahawks
49ers @ Rams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 02:55 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,388,865 times
Well, what are your picks?

Old 12-26-2017, 03:23 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,459,848 times
Jets @ Patriots-I'll go with the Pats since they haven't clinched the number 1 seed yet, but it'll be close. Jets usually play the Pats tough.

Browns @ Steelers-Steelers won't be resting their starters with the number 1 seed still a possibility, so it looks like 0-16 for the Browns. Browns almost beat the Steelers in Week 1.

Texans @ Colts-Both teams have nothing to play for, so I'll just take the home team. Better Luck next year, Indy. At least Houston's future looks bright if Watson and Watt return to form.

Jaguars @ Titans-I remember the Titans were my pick to win the AFC South, but they're really struggling right now. However, I do see them sneaking into the playoffs with a win here against a Jags team that's firmly entrenched in the 3rd seed no matter what. I can't believe Titans are still in playoff contention after losing their last 3 games. I think there will be a rematch between these teams in the wild card round in Jacksonville.

Bengals @ Ravens-Ravens will find a way to win this to make it into the playoffs, but it won't be pretty in Marvin Lewis's final game.

Bills @ Dolphins-It will be another 9-7 season for the Bills who will miss the playoffs yet again.

Chiefs @ Broncos-Chiefs have the 4th seed locked up whether they win or lose this, so I'll take Denver at home.

Raiders @ Chargers-The homeless Carson Chargers will win this for all 5 of their fans and miss the playoffs.

Cowboys @ Eagles-I think the Cowboys will win this. I'm sure the Eagles will be resting their starters since the number 1 seed is clinched. I just can't pick the Cowboys ever. I'm just glad they won't be in the playoffs.

Redskins @ Giants-Kirk Cousins is still adding digits to his paycheck for next season, so he'll take the dumpster-fire Giants behind the woodshed in this game to justify the salary.

Packers @ Lions-Matt Stafford is in the same boat. He's the highest paid player in the league. Lions already lost to Cincy and got eliminated from the playoffs. It's up to Stafford and Jim Bob Cooter to end this season with a win against a rival. Brett Hundley does play well on the road, so maybe this will be close. Personally I'd like to see what Joe Callahan can do. Packers have a long offseason ahead of them.

Bears @ Vikings-I'm gonna go with the Vikes here even if they rest their starters. I think the second-stringers can beat Da hapless Bears.

Panthers @ Falcons-Panthers still are playing for a chance at hosting a playoff game and that will be enough to oust the Falcons who seem allergic to breaking a plane.

Saints @ Buccaneers-If the Saints want to host a wild card game, Drew Brees needs to smoke a Winston!

Cardinals @ Seahawks-Somehow the Seahawks, who have one of the worst offenses I've ever seen, will find a way into the playoffs.

49ers @ Rams-This is my upset of the week and a total homer pick, but In Jimmy G. we trust. My Niners always play the Rams tough and if Jimmy G. could lead the Niners to 5 wins in a row, Niner fans will actually have something to look forward to next season. This will hurt the Rams playoff seeding, but they'll still get to host a home playoff game.

Last edited by maniac77; 12-26-2017 at 04:50 PM..

Old 12-26-2017, 03:48 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,076,467 times
Mine are on week 16's post if someone wants to copy and repost. I am mostly unplugged this week and otherwise on a very low tech tablet

Old 12-26-2017, 04:25 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,605,754 times
Large King Cats picks from his Week 16 post. I think I got it right! I enjoy his colorful posts, I only did the bold! Week 16: 14-2 Season 153-87

Packers at LIONS
JAGUARS
at Titans
Bill's Buffaloes at MY FINZ
Bengals at RAVENS Marvin Lewis gets sent home from Sundays game with a pink slip in hand.
Bears at VIKINGS
PANTHERS at Falcons
TEXANS at Colts
SAINTS at Succaneers After the game, Pirates coach Koetter gets tied up and hoisted onto the Pirate Ship as the fans and team mutiny. He will be there for a few hours until they decide what to do with him . Chuck Pagano shows up and offers to take command of the ship just as it sinks.......

Brownies at STEELERS The Browns have enough heart to at least wait until Monday to fire Jackson.

Jets at PATRIOTS. If it were not for the fact that the Jets have revenge on their mind and have no chance, I would pick them in an upset.

Redskins at GIANTS football Giants win one for the Spagnuolo Then he applies to work in Tampa as well.

Cowboys at EAGLES I predict that the Cowboys season ended last week, so this loss will just be another eyesore for the fans of Big D Jason Garrett is really a joke as a coach, too.

Raiders at Homeless CHARGERS How safe is Jack Del Rios job? Ask me Tuesday

Pesky Red Birds at SEAHAWKS Last chance for a wildcard for Carroll and Company

49ers at RAMS

CHIEFS at Broncos As I write this, watch the Chiefs lose and still get a 9-7 playoff berth

Last edited by susancruzs; 12-26-2017 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 12-26-2017, 05:37 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,605,754 times
Week 17 - Season 151-89 - Week 16 - 12-4

Panthers @ Falcons
Bengals @ Ravens
Jaguars @ Titans
Saints @ Buccaneers
Browns @ Steelers
Packers @ Lions
Texans @ Colts
Bills @ Dolphins
Bears @ Vikings
Jets @ Patriots
Redskins
@ Giants
Cowboys @ Eagles
Raiders @ Chargers
Chiefs
@ Broncos
49ers @ Rams
Cardinals
@ Seahawks

Old 12-26-2017, 06:45 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,076,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Large King Cats picks from his Week 16 post. I think I got it right! I enjoy his colorful posts, I only did the bold! Week 16: 14-2 Season 153-87

Packers at LIONS
JAGUARS
at Titans
Bill's Buffaloes at MY FINZ
Bengals at RAVENS Marvin Lewis gets sent home from Sundays game with a pink slip in hand.
Bears at VIKINGS
PANTHERS at Falcons
TEXANS at Colts
SAINTS at Succaneers After the game, Pirates coach Koetter gets tied up and hoisted onto the Pirate Ship as the fans and team mutiny. He will be there for a few hours until they decide what to do with him . Chuck Pagano shows up and offers to take command of the ship just as it sinks.......

Brownies at STEELERS The Browns have enough heart to at least wait until Monday to fire Jackson.

Jets at PATRIOTS. If it were not for the fact that the Jets have revenge on their mind and have no chance, I would pick them in an upset.

Redskins at GIANTS football Giants win one for the Spagnuolo Then he applies to work in Tampa as well.

Cowboys at EAGLES I predict that the Cowboys season ended last week, so this loss will just be another eyesore for the fans of Big D Jason Garrett is really a joke as a coach, too.

Raiders at Homeless CHARGERS How safe is Jack Del Rios job? Ask me Tuesday

Pesky Red Birds at SEAHAWKS Last chance for a wildcard for Carroll and Company

49ers at RAMS

CHIEFS at Broncos As I write this, watch the Chiefs lose and still get a 9-7 playoff berth
Thanks Susan

Will be driving up to the ski resort tomorrow. Hope to be home by new years
Good luck and enj9y the games

Old 12-27-2017, 07:09 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,681,548 times
13-3 last week.
160-80 on the season.

Panthers @ Falcons
Bengals @ Ravens
Jaguars @ Titans
Saints @ Buccaneers
Browns @ Steelers
Packers @ Lions
Texans @ Colts
Bills @ Dolphins
Bears @ Vikings
Jets @ Patriots
Redskins @ Giants
Cowboys @ Eagles
Raiders @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Broncos
49ers @ Rams
Cardinals @ Seahawks

Old 12-27-2017, 08:19 AM

21,018 posts, read 27,205,789 times
2017 Regular Season: 155-85

Picks
  • Washington Redskins (7-8) at New York Giants (2-13)
  • New York Jets (5-10) at New England Patriots (12-3)
  • Chicago Bears (5-10) at Minnesota Vikings (12-3)
  • Green Bay Packers (7-8) at Detroit Lions (8-7)
  • Houston Texans (4-11) at Indianapolis Colts (3-12)
  • Cleveland Browns (0-15) at Pittsburgh Steelers (12-3)
  • Dallas Cowboys (8-7) at Philadelphia Eagles (13-2)
  • San Francisco 49ers (5-10) at Los Angeles Rams (11-4)
  • Oakland Raiders (6-9) at Los Angeles Chargers (7-8)
  • Kansas City Chiefs (9-6) at Denver Broncos (5-10)
  • Jacksonville Jaguars (10-5) at Tennessee Titans (8-7)
  • New Orleans Saints (11-4) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-11)
  • Buffalo Bills (8-7) at Miami Dolphins (6-9)
  • Arizona Cardinals (7-8) at Seattle Seahawks (9-6)
  • Carolina Panthers (11-4) at Atlanta Falcons (9-6)
  • Cincinnati Bengals (6-9) at Baltimore Ravens (9-6)

Old 12-28-2017, 05:33 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,927,452 times
Falcons
Lions
Titans
Colts
Bills
Vikings
Patriots
Redskins
Cowboys
Steelers
Saints
Ravens
Chiefs
49ers
Chargers
Seahawks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football