U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,895,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
He never has wanted to be a back up nor does he want to mentor the younger guys.
I don't know about that...he was an Eagle 4 years ago as the backup, and he knew he wasn't going to have any shot of starting over McNabb. I think at his age, he has to know he's nothing more than a backup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 11:04 AM

2,221 posts, read 3,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I don't know about that...he was an Eagle 4 years ago as the backup, and he knew he wasn't going to have any shot of starting over McNabb. I think at his age, he has to know he's nothing more than a backup.
He didnt want to develop the young QB's in Tampa, they cut him, he went to Oakland, didnt want to help develop Russell they cut him.... yeah and even when he was in Philly he wanted to start. Him and McNabb were not buddies.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:09 AM

7,936 posts, read 13,895,620 times
Quote:
He didnt want to develop the young QB's in Tampa, they cut him, he went to Oakland, didnt want to help develop Russell they cut him.... yeah and even when he was in Philly he wanted to start. Him and McNabb were not buddies.
OK, well there's still got to be better options out there than the puppy killer. I'd go with Feeley, plus Feeley always played well in Reid's offense.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 AM

6,183 posts, read 5,008,462 times
Oh puhleeeaassee. You have to love these guys that think they were inside the locker room everyday. Didn't Garcia say he wanted to stay in Philly (even if it meant being a backup and taking a paycut).

Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM

24,757 posts, read 34,070,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Congrats Eagles fans, you've managed to drive the best QB ever to wear Eagles green out of town. There won't be a Lombardi trophy in Philly in my lifetime.

Friggin bonehead drunks that show up at these games, booing him on draft day, calling the morons at WIP and ***** and moan about McNabb...well you got your wish...and you'll be probably be booing Kolb off the field by the end of the season.

All I can say is thank God for the Phillies and that baseball season is starting....maybe Lurie, Banner, and Reid need to look across the street to see how a team should be run.

It happened to Wilt, Barkley, Dick Allen, BDawk, and now it's McNabb - great Philly superstars run out of town. I have mixed feelings on this -McNabb is the greatest Eagle QB ever, but he didn't win the big one. Part of that is on him, but more of that is on Reid. He's the one who should be out of there.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:01 PM

How was Dawk "run out of town"? I'm yet to meet an Eagles fan who wanted him gone...

Old 04-06-2010, 02:03 PM

Reid is also the winningest coach and best evaluator of talent the Eagles have ever had? Why should he be axxed?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:16 PM

6,784 posts, read 10,207,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
How was Dawk "run out of town"? I'm yet to meet an Eagles fan who wanted him gone...
My friend you are always such a voice of reason.

Just go back to "The Nest"....forget these other threads. Don't bother wasting your time answering this bunk anymore. See you over there.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:42 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,502,224 times
Quote:
Jeff Garcia would be HORRIBLE. He never has wanted to be a back up nor does he want to mentor the younger guys. Thats why the Raiders cut his sorry azz.
Exactly Garcia wanted to START not MENTOR.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:45 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,502,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It happened to Wilt, Barkley, Dick Allen, BDawk, and now it's McNabb - great Philly superstars run out of town. I have mixed feelings on this -McNabb is the greatest Eagle QB ever, but he didn't win the big one. Part of that is on him, but more of that is on Reid. He's the one who should be out of there.
I had no idea the Eagles QB's won the BIG ONE

Jaws
Randall
Rodney Peete
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football