Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:10 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times

Advertisements

To answer the original question: Do I think Ben is being treated with kid gloves because he is white? HELL NO !!!! Black guy who kills dogs and admits it-4 games, White guy accused of sexual battery with no charges to be pursued, with a ton of holes in the story and lots of sober witnesses refuting the supposed victim and her friends' claims-6 games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 05:28 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
To answer the original question: Do I think Ben is being treated with kid gloves because he is white? HELL NO !!!! Black guy who kills dogs and admits it-4 games, White guy accused of sexual battery with no charges to be pursued, with a ton of holes in the story and lots of sober witnesses refuting the supposed victim and her friends' claims-6 games.

Not to mention the whole 16 games he was also out of the league from while he was in jail huh. I guess you missed those. Glad the commish didnt.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:21 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
To answer the original question: Do I think Ben is being treated with kid gloves because he is white? HELL NO !!!!
Agreed! It's because he's a celebrity-slash-quarterback.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Not to mention the whole 16 games he was also out of the league from while he was in jail huh. I guess you missed those. Glad the commish didnt.
No offense but those 16 games dont count. Does the cincy pitcher who was just suspended for ped's, do his days on the dl count as part of his suspension? No! Vick was unable to play because jail superceded football. That would be like saying that you speed were suspended last year from football because you couldn't play. He was suspended 4 games. Also our country is innocent until guilty and the ethics commitee needs to put it clearly in writing what it is suitable off field activity and hangouts (bars, strip clubs, etc...). Remember,he wasn't proven guilty,so his suspension is based on hearsay behavior unlike the proven guilt of Vick.

Last edited by Lancet71; 04-23-2010 at 01:30 PM..

Old 04-23-2010, 01:28 PM

The NFL is not governed by the whats ok in this country. They have a HIGHER standard and the players know that when they sign those big fat contracts. I dont feel sorry one bit for any of them. You make MILLIONS and your held to a higher standard...live with it.

As far as Vick goes, I guess thats your opinion. I agree with the commish in that that lost time does matter.

MLB and NFL are day and night man. Thats as apples and oranges as it can get. I see the point your trying to make but it doesnt hold water to me.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
The NFL is not governed by the whats ok in this country. They have a HIGHER standard and the players know that when they sign those big fat contracts. I dont feel sorry one bit for any of them. You make MILLIONS and your held to a higher standard...live with it.

As far as Vick goes, I guess thats your opinion. I agree with the commish in that that lost time does matter.

MLB and NFL are day and night man. Thats as apples and oranges as it can get. I see the point your trying to make but it doesnt hold water to me.
If it doesn't hold water your nuts. Is Plaxico's jail time a 16 game suspension for each year he is out? Nope. Legal overrules the governing boday of the NFL and the Plaxico case is part of the NFL so that would be apples to apples. Face it, you wrong and just don't like Ben and probably have a soft spot for Vick. I'm a Steeler fan and don't think he should have been suspended because that hurts his team and not him. I would have taken away at least 50% or more of his 2010 salary and had him donate it to rape or domestic abuse charities and forced him to do counseling and community service all throughout the year, to keep him preoccupied while not playing football.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 PM

I dislike Vick 10 times more than Ben, because I own 3 abused Pits, so thats a dumb ASZumption.

The fact that your a steelers fan shows your bias. If this was Brady or Favre or anyone else you would be singing a different tune. And that holds plenty of water.

Well the TEAM should cut his sorry asz and move on, then he cant "hurt" them any more.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:15 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
I don't think it has as much to do with race as it does severity and frequency of questionable and criminal behavior. Ben hasn't been convicted of any crime yet he's being suspended. Probably because it's his second accusation and he continues to place himself into positions like this. These latest allegations are strong, however no criminal charges have been filed, unlike most of these other suspensions around the league in the attached article.

In being suspended, Ben joins 'Pacman' Jones, Michael Vick - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Old 04-24-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I don't think it has as much to do with race as it does severity and frequency of questionable and criminal behavior. Ben hasn't been convicted of any crime yet he's being suspended. Probably because it's his second accusation and he continues to place himself into positions like this. These latest allegations are strong, however no criminal charges have been filed, unlike most of these other suspensions around the league in the attached article.

In being suspended, Ben joins 'Pacman' Jones, Michael Vick - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
2nd accusation but the first was from a girl who bragged to her friend about it afterwards and said how much he looked like her boyfriend. Face it the first one was a bunch of BS. This one I can't say for sure but lots of conflicting info. I think a huge fine and alot of community service for a full year would have been a little more proper.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:06 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,001,789 times
Quote:
2nd accusation but the first was from a girl who bragged to her friend about it afterwards and said how much he looked like her boyfriend. Face it the first one was a bunch of BS. This one I can't say for sure but lots of conflicting info. I think a huge fine and alot of community service for a full year would have been a little more proper.
No this way Ben has to face teammates that he is letting down by not being able to play up to 6 games with, AND an ownership that is highly PO'd.Maybe this way he understands that he is hurting more than just himself.Fines to millionaires do not teach that lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football