Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:13 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,138,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Hmmmmmm... let me get this straight. Fighting dogs= 2 year suspension.... raping women= slap on the wrist. Way to go NFL. You do a country proud.
Sorry dude but it wasn't fighting dogs. It was fighting dogs and murdering them. I wont say if Ben did it or not because I wasn't there. Unfortunately the victim and the witnesses stories have changed a few times so I personally think it's a bit sketchy. Do I think he's completely innocent? Hell no. Did he rape the girl or is she just looking for a payday? That is the million dollar question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 08:16 AM

190 posts, read 465,661 times
he definitely needs to be punished for his behavior

Old 04-16-2010, 08:28 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCity View Post
In the Vick case there was evidence, which proved he was guilty. There has been nothing to prove Roethlisberger raped this woman.

Exactly, great post. How can there be a case with zero evidence?
There is plenty of evidence.(sarc)

The DA just hasn't read the posts here yet.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:57 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman123456 View Post
he definitely needs to be punished for his behavior
I agree! He needs to be suspended for several games. His image took a HUGE hit here in Pittsburgh. Fans are saying they will no longer wear his jersey or allow their kids to wear it either.

I never was a fan of Ben. If he is going to act like a complete AZZ during off season then I say trade his butt--treat him just like they treated Santonio! The Steelers have worked hard to have the image they do--that is the Rooneys not putting up with thugs on their team. In my eyes, Ben is turning into a thug--whether or not he raped the girl--the fact that he is putting himself and the Steeler organization in this bad light is reason enough for me to say "get rid of him." I would much rather be a fan of a team that has decent morals. I'm embarrassed for the Steelers and the city mainly due to Santonio, Reed and now Ben.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
I don't think Ben Roethlisberger is getting the "kid's gloves" treatment right now. If anything, he's getting the "boxing gloves" treatment. It's been open season on him, and I actually think that people are overreacting now. There's been a holier-than-thou contingency of Steeler fans that's emerged in the last 48 hours who want to see Roethlisberger traded or released outright, and who won't give him a chance to redeem himself the way people like Kobe Bryant and Michael Vick had, and Tiger Woods is. There are also plenty of non-Steeler fans who continue to label him a "rapist" in spite of the D.A. himself saying that he didn't even have probable cause. (Many of these people hated him in the first place simply because he plays for the Steelers.)

Furthermore, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, seems to be holding the girl responsible for any of her stupidity. She didn't have to get ****-faced drunk. She shouldn't have even been drinking in the first place. And for all the people insisting that Roethlisberger should have checked her ID, the girl could have just as easily refused the drink(s?) he bought her. She didn't. I really can't have sympathy for a girl who willingly gets drunk and then ends up in an embarrassing situation. If anything, she's the known lawbreaker here. The evidence is her BAC of .27, which is over 13 times the legal limit of somebody who's UNDER THE LEGAL DRINKING AGE. Let's stop pretending that she's this sweet little Southern magnolia that got plucked by Satan himself. For as much as we blame Roethlisberger for putting himself in an embarrassing situation, the girl put herself in the exact same situation -- and they both deserve to be criticized for it. The coverage of this whole ordeal has been unfairly and overwhelmingly lop-sided against Roethlisberger, considering the girl's actions that night were just as stupid as his.

On Monday and Tuesday, I was intensely pissed off at Roethlisberger, but you know what? I'm over it now. I forgive him. I've done plenty of stupid **** in my life, so there's no reason for me not to forgive him. I've lost a lot of respect for him as a person, but I'm open-minded enough to believe that people can change their ways. Sometimes it takes a really hard fall like Roethlisberger took, but it's really not about how hard you fall -- it's about how well you rebound from it. If guys like Kobe Bryant and Michael Vick can be forgiven, and given a chance to redeem themselves, then it would be totally unfair not to give Roethlisberger that same chance. If he's serious about changing his ways, then his redemption starts now.
I agree the girl is full of stupidity! BUT, who hasn't done stupid sh*t in their lives. I have. Who knows if it was consensual or not--she didn't even know if they had sex!! When asked if he raped her, she said "no", when asked if they had sex, she said "I'm not sure". If I'm having sex with someone, I damn well know it even if I'm drunk.

Having said that...she does NOT represent a city or a team. He DOES! He is lacking morals and is far more stupid than the girl. I'm PO'ed at him---as far as I care--they can trade his butt! We don't need degenerates on our team! Good riddance to Santonio--hope the door didn't hit him in the A on the way out. Maybe he should hold the door open for Ben and Jeff! If they want to act like thugs--there are a lot of teams I can recommend they sign on with.

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 04-16-2010 at 03:40 PM..

Old 04-16-2010, 03:15 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
As more of the story comes out, it seems Ben is more of a dbag than we thought.

I didnt realize the Steelers fans were so angry about this. But thinking about it, they have had some eccentric players, but I dont recall them keeping knuckleheads on the team.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

I didnt realize the Steelers fans were so angry about this. But thinking about it, they have had some eccentric players, but I dont recall them keeping knuckleheads on the team.
They don't! That has always been the Rooney's policy--act right or you are gone!

Ben has a LOT of damage control and image repair to do here in Pittsburgh. I wonder if he is up for the task.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:29 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

Of course Roethlisberger looks worse now; everything that's being revealed is the alleged victim's side of the story. And we may never know his side of the story either. This is why the rush to judgment bothers the hell out of me, even though I'm just as unhappy with his actions as everybody else.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:36 PM

Below is a poll that was in the local paper today. You can see how many fans are angry! The numbers are the # of people who voted that way and (the percentage). Over 23,000 fans responded!

Poll Question: In the absence of criminal charges, what should the Steelers do with Ben Roethlisberger?
Category: Steelers
Voting began on 4/12/2010
Voting ends on 4/18/2010

A.Nothing - No charges, no case, no penalty - 3283 (14%)
B.Trade him - 6559 (28%)
C.Release him - 1597 (7%)
D.Suspend him with pay for part or all of the season - 881 (4%)
E.Suspend him without pay for part or all of the season - 10371 (44%) F.Demote him to backup - 253 (1%)
G.No opinion - 588 (2%)23,532 Respondents
A (14%)B (28%)C (7%)D (4%)E (44%)

Read more: Post-Gazette NOW - Polls

Oh...I voted E

Old 04-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Of course Roethlisberger looks worse now; everything that's being revealed is the alleged victim's side of the story. And we may never know his side of the story either. This is why the rush to judgment bothers the hell out of me, even though I'm just as unhappy with his actions as everybody else.
If it were the first accusation against him, I wouldn't be so angry--but this is the 2nd time and now there are reports there have been other incidents, women who never came forward! There's a reason he looks bad and very well should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football