U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 AM

21,334 posts, read 21,906,527 times

Advertisements

I realize that they are buying last year's playbook, but considering that their most recent edition is from 2007 it seems like a good idea to update their Packer library for $630,000.

They will have to spend additional costs on a high-quality copy job because the crayons used to create these playbooks don't transpose well using regular office machine copiers. I think they do that on purpose.

Insiders Blog: Update: DE Michael Montgomery signs with Vikings | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

Last edited by Ghengis; 03-30-2010 at 12:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 09:00 PM

3,177 posts, read 4,642,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
I realize that they are buying last year's playbook, but considering that their most recent edition is from 2007 it seems like a good idea to update their Packer library for $630,000.

They will have to spend additional costs on a high-quality copy job because the crayons used to create these playbooks don't transpose well using regular office machine copiers. I think they do that on purpose.

Insiders Blog: Update: DE Michael Montgomery signs with Vikings | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press-Gazette

Wouldn't you think that somewhere along the way the Packers might try signing a former Viking (to get the playbook of course).

Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,961,772 times
Hey g, if the Vikes devoted as much time to winning, to I don't know, say a conference title or a Superbowl as they do to simply besting the Packers, they might have something in their trophy case by now. Alas, still an empty wasteland. Yes, it is written in crayon as we are a simple folk. But we like it that way. Let's not kid each other, we both know high-quality copiers have yet to make their way that far north, hence the use of crayons.
The guy at the rent-a-qb store said his inventory is continuing to grow tiresome and weak, and can no longer guarantee results. Except for maybe a late minute, ill advised cross body, nevermind. I will actually be flying into Minneapolis on Thursday. Will need a quick shower once into Wisconsin to de-purple myself.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:23 AM

21,334 posts, read 21,906,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Hey g, if the Vikes devoted as much time to winning, to I don't know, say a conference title or a Superbowl as they do to simply besting the Packers, they might have something in their trophy case by now. Alas, still an empty wasteland. Yes, it is written in crayon as we are a simple folk. But we like it that way. Let's not kid each other, we both know high-quality copiers have yet to make their way that far north, hence the use of crayons.
The guy at the rent-a-qb store said his inventory is continuing to grow tiresome and weak, and can no longer guarantee results. Except for maybe a late minute, ill advised cross body, nevermind. I will actually be flying into Minneapolis on Thursday. Will need a quick shower once into Wisconsin to de-purple myself.
Hey! We've won lots of Conference Titles and some of us even believe that we won an NFL Title too but that one is a bit of a technicality.

Have a safe trip and stay out of the rest rooms.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,961,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Hey! We've won lots of Conference Titles and some of us even believe that we won an NFL Title too but that one is a bit of a technicality.

Have a safe trip and stay out of the rest rooms.
Will do and thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:13 PM

3,177 posts, read 4,642,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Will do and thanks for the heads up.
DO NOT. I REPEAT, DO NOT tap your foot in the stall in the Twin Cities. You'll either end up being chased to Wisconsin by Minneapolis' finest cops or Minneapolis' finest Dinky Town drag queens. Rubbing that purple off would be the least of your worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football