U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the Packers biggest rival?
Bears 18 52.94%
Vikings 16 47.06%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:30 PM

48 posts, read 113,891 times

Advertisements

For all you Packers fans out there, who do you consider your biggest rival, the Bears or Vikings? I've found ways that it varies, such as the southern and eastern parts of Wisconsin hating the Bears more (Wisconsin-Illinois rivalry) and the northern and western parts of Wisconsin hating the Vikings more (Wisconsin-Minnesota rivalry).

Another factor is tradition. The bears and packers, of course, were rivals long before the vikings were even a team, so the bitterness was there much longer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hatred between the packers and vikings didn't instantly develop once the vikings were a team.

What diminished the bears-packers rivalry was the bears dominating the rivalry in the 80's, then the packers in the 90's. And in the 90's, especially the late 90's the vikings were the team fighting for the division title with the packers. This continued in the 2000 decade. Now with Brett Favre in a vikings uniform, the rivalry the packers have with the vikings is way bigger than the bears.

So for all you packer fans out there, who do you view as your bigger rival?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 10:38 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,743,505 times
I guess it depends on if you are talking all-time or currently?

All-time is obviously the Bears. But, the Bears havent been all that competitive over last 20 years. The division has been between the Vikes and Pack almost every season over the last decade or more. So, I would say over the last 20 years or so, it has been the Vikes.

Old 01-22-2011, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,789 times
The greatest rivalry is with the Bears, but the team (in my experience) that Packers fans really dislike is the Vikings. We always want to beat the Bears and it's always a great game, but if the Bears are playing the Vikings, we always root for the Bears. Difference between respectful rivalry and straight-up dislike/hatred.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:20 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,743,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau View Post
The greatest rivalry is with the Bears, but the team (in my experience) that Packers fans really dislike is the Vikings. We always want to beat the Bears and it's always a great game, but if the Bears are playing the Vikings, we always root for the Bears. Difference between respectful rivalry and straight-up dislike/hatred.

That about says it.

I have respect for the Bears but I downright hate the Vikings. Who can respect a team that wears purple?

Old 01-22-2011, 04:52 PM

1,080 posts, read 826,814 times
It's a toss up, if I'd had to pick one it would be Da Bearsh

Old 01-22-2011, 05:32 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,123,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
That about says it.

I have respect for the Bears but I downright hate the Vikings. Who can respect a team that wears purple?
Yup. I have no respect for the Vikings from top to bottom, from their purple uniforms to their dome to their fake, pumped-in crowd noise to their personnel strategy of poaching ex-Packers to their belligerent, trash-talking fans... the only thing I like about them is their perpetually empty trophy case. Just an awful organization.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:44 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,969,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
That about says it.

Right on. The dislike the Bears, but I have some respect for them because of their history. As for the queens, I hate them. For an organization with a lack of winning, their fans have big mouths and egos. I call them the football version of the Vancouver Canucks.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:21 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,863,598 times
You hate the Vikings because we've basically kicked your tail for the better part of 50 years of existence. Yes we are 1 SB short, but otherwise we have more or less owned you.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:36 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,123,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
You hate the Vikings because we've basically kicked your tail for the better part of 50 years of existence. Yes we are 1 SB short, but otherwise we have more or less owned you.
Considering the Packers lead the all-time series, and have won 7 of the last 10 games, that statement is awfully fact-free. But typical.

No, really- I hate the Vikings because I think they're a second-rate, wannabe organization.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 AM

11,722 posts, read 11,541,988 times
I voted Bears, but great points here and I agree. I have a great deal of respect for the Bears and their organization, but not so much for the Vikings and their front office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football