U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:00 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,855,437 times

Advertisements

LOL @ Denver.

With a ton of egg on their face, picking again and Tebow woulda easily still been there. LMFAO!!!

Why don't you lead with that story ESPeeiN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 06:04 PM

897 posts, read 1,458,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
LOL @ Denver.

With a ton of egg on their face, picking again and Tebow woulda easily still been there. LMFAO!!!

Why don't you lead with that story ESPeeiN?

Hopefully Tim will be starting in 3 seasons or So,He's a good kid with his head on straight. Denver will look horrible if TT never goes beyond 3rd string.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
Hopefully Tim will be starting in 3 seasons or So,He's a good kid with his head on straight. Denver will look horrible if TT never goes beyond 3rd string.
They look horrible right now for wasting a first round pick.

How bout AD and Gerhart in the same backfield!!!! WOW!!!!

And the Ravens picking up both Cody and Kindle!!! dayum!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,978,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
He is definely a good kid but he just does not have the requirements needed They are taking a big risk for such a high level pick. This has been a year that teams are looking for defense. Now days some of the best quarterbacks come from playing on a previous team where they have slowly developed their skills.He has so much going against him but I hope he succeeds.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 PM

802 posts, read 2,610,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
To go with his 40-50 INT's ?
He's a fumbler, not a pick 6 machine like Brett or Peyton.

With Miles and Dez, it's a long distance pitch and catch game for them as long as they protect Tony. Once they get a two score lead, Jason, Marion and Tashard to move the sticks while Felix lurks for the home run that's sure to follow.

There will be no linebackers or Safety cheating to the line against the pokes this season, unless a team is intent on suicide by score!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:00 PM

5,413 posts, read 7,713,869 times
Quote:
Big12 (Big8) top 3. First time since 1967 top 3 from same conference.

2 out of top 3 from OKC (and OU)

That's pretty sweet.

edit: whoa, top 4 from the Big 12!! 3 of them from OU!!! Wow!!

Boomer Sooner!!!

First time ever that 3 out of the top 4 came from the same school. Edit: first time since 1946 (Golden Domers)
\

Amen Brother!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:10 PM

9,807 posts, read 13,466,228 times
Three years from now,people will look upon Denver picking Tebow in the 1st round as a smart move.

I'm not a Florida fan nor a Bronco fan, but I believed all along that Tebow will make the team that picked him glad that they did.

We shall see.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:27 PM

1,538 posts, read 5,282,423 times
Quote:
I was addressing the Boos for Sam Bradford.
and how exactly do you know that the booing of sam bradford was largely (or solely) due to jets and giants fans, as opposed to the numerous fans with different allegiances who were in attendance on thursday night? i'm guessing that some overly negative rams fans were responsible for most of the boos, with a few knuckleheads from the other fanbases also chiming in (and believe me, every team's fanbase is represented to a varying degree at the draft).

like i said earlier, a really large percentage of the fans who attend the draft every year root for non-local teams. nyc is within driving distance of so many other major cities, not to mention a sizable minority of born-and-raised nyc locals root for teams from other markets.

as an nyc-area native, i am well aware of how boorish the local fans can be toward players (especially those that play for the home teams), but in this case, i really don't think you can pin it on the locals. besides, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever why a giant or jet fan would care either way about sam bradford, since neither team had a chance at him.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergen View Post
and how exactly do you know that the booing of sam bradford was largely (or solely) due to jets and giants fans
Because they were showing a bunch of guys wearing jets and giants jerseys booing SB.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 AM

1,538 posts, read 5,282,423 times
Quote:
Because they were showing a bunch of guys wearing jets and giants jerseys booing SB.
do you have the clip where it shows that group of jets and giants fans booing sam bradford? i'd be curious to view it if you do, since i definitely do not recall seeing that on tv. maybe i missed it while i was yawning with indifference, since like most native northeasterners, i am neutral about sam bradford, the rams, the nfc west, OU, and the big 12 conference. i have much respect for his talent, but ultimately i really don't care enough about him or the rams to boo him. most nyc-area natives feel the same way.

people in nyc only boo things they care about, and i can assure you that giants and jets fans have plenty of other teams, players, and fanbases to hate. SB and the rams wouldn't even be on the list.

i'm sure that at some point during the broadcast, they did show a group of jets and giants fans booing someone or something. but if so, it was almost certainly directed toward their own teams' picks or their divisional rivals. and since sam bradford has nothing to do with any of those things, i am skeptical that this happened the way you describe.

but even if you're right and the cameras did in fact show some jets and giants fans booing sam bradford, why would you make a blanket statement about the fans of those two teams? that's really what i'm objecting to here. a couple of idiots acting out of line (if it even happened) is hardly an indictment of these fanbases, nor is it necessarily "typical". our fanbases have our share of jerks, but there are a LOT of really intelligent and respectful fans, too. we know who's good and who's garbage, but we generally limit our boos to our rivals and our own teams. in fact, we're especially rough on our players and coaches.

i don't deny that some nyc sports fans can be obnoxious, but i think your statement was a knee-jerk reaction based on your personal biases rather than what really happened the other night.

for what it's worth, i just spoke with two of my friends who were in the crowd at the draft on thursday night. the one who's a jet fan sat in the jets section with his buddies and the rest of the gang green contingent, while the giant fan sat in the big giants section.

both of them told me that they didn't see or hear any jet or giant fans booing SB. when SB's name was announced, most of their fellow jet/giant fans just cheered and clapped politely (some more boisterous than others). they said that there was no large outpouring of jet/giant animosity toward SB - perhaps there were a few individual idiots that they didn't see or hear, but that's about it.

since they didn't actually hear any booing toward SB, they figure that the jeers heard on tv must've mainly come from fans of the rams' divisional rivals who were seated in other sections.

like i said, jets and giants fans, and new yorkers in general, don't give a you-know-what about players and teams that don't normally affect them.

Last edited by pbergen; 04-24-2010 at 12:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football